THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I love high shoes. Love them. But the xx8 is trash and part of the reason is because its a zip up shoe. Are the 9 a zip up shoe?

I can see kobe wearing 9s in his return in a blackout cw as he did with 8s when he first wore them

I'm really curious to see how these end up feeling on feet. Could see the flyknit sock like fit either being nice or maybe a bit too restrictive for some folks if it's like the free flyknits. I also really want to see how the lows compare.

I highly doubt Kobe will be playing in the eights, maybe the modified boot version that we saw during rehab. I believe that 9 is transitioning to high because of the injury, again just speculation on my part but just because it doesn't release until Feb doesn't mean by any sense that he cant wear it now

- a low top wouldn't cause a healthy achilles to just rupture on a move like that. his body was beat up last season, muscles in the leg supporting the achilles were weak so it went.

- the boot version we saw was to give extra support to the achilles in the early stages of the rehab.

i'm gonna take a wild guess here, but he most likely wore a regular pair of kobe 8's when he was practicing with the team.

I haven't drawn in a long time, but I may have to take a whack at sketching this up too :lol:

I have the picture of the outsole still, but I didn't save the other part T11Time showed us, so I should probably be able to get kind of close.

Saw that S. Sami said that the 9 are a high top and very light in is Sneakernews Select Spotlight, i've got split feelings I've really liked balling in lows but if it still light I'll pry still go with it

From the pic I've seen, unless you ball in lows with only ankle or no show socks, you shouldn't have a problem adapting to these.

Although I would love to see what they look like, I'm enjoying the fact that my pockets aren't empty due to the Kobe 9. I'll quietly scoop up some other things, maybe some older kobes I want and enjoy the break. Don't get it twisted, I am impatiently waiting also!

I ball in the xx8s and run in the flyknit free runs, so if this is a perfect marriage of the xx8's silhouette and the frees lockdown, I'm dumb hyped

My only concern would be how the cuff looks at the ankle area, if it's just an elongated version of the flyknit free cuff (as I'm picturing it in my head) I feel like it will look mad weird, but like in the best way possible, can anyone confirm that's what it looks like? Just my 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom