THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

Do you think Flywire is even necessary? The only shoe I feel it really working on is the Lunarglide 5 and maybe the hyperevs. But the 5 glides I just feel it snuggly wrapping around my foot. On the Lebron XI i feel it's not necessary and doubt it's really working over all those layers of fuse and posite. I haven't tried on these 9 lows yet to tell.
Yeah, I think the flywire does add a stiffness to the midfoot that wouldn't be there without it. I've played in the Lebron XIs as well and I found the flywire to work somewhat. You can tie them so tight it feels like its stopping blood flow :/. Fuse protects the material from tearing but I think the support from fuse gives after awhile, thats probably where flywire helps. That being said flywire will give when exposed too. I tore through the flywire on my Superhero 8s from playing. I think its great that its backed by nylon on the 9s.

IMO it is a necessary or at least a positive addition.  Reason being:  For me with the 8s, I loved how the EM felt as it broke in after a few solid runs.  Fit/feel was amazing, but overtime I felt that I needed a bit more to hold down my midfoot and forefoot.  Maybe this was more due to the foot sliding a little on the lunar insert, but I do think that as the EM softened up, I needed to lace them a lot tighter to get good lockdown.
Yeah that does make sense for these lighter and softer material shoes like the Kobes. I concur.

But for the Bron XI I doubt it's doing anything really but hurting the side of my pinky toe.

IMO it is a necessary or at least a positive addition.  Reason being:  For me with the 8s, I loved how the EM felt as it broke in after a few solid runs.  Fit/feel was amazing, but overtime I felt that I needed a bit more to hold down my midfoot and forefoot.  Maybe this was more due to the foot sliding a little on the lunar insert, but I do think that as the EM softened up, I needed to lace them a lot tighter to get good lockdown.
Yeah i think this was the biggest problem I had with the 8s that was corrected with the 9 lows ad even the 8 elites. The one layer of mesh and fuse around the midfoot wasn't durable enough for me to play in more than a couple of times. 

Yeah that does make sense for these lighter and softer material shoes like the Kobes. I concur.

But for the Bron XI I doubt it's doing anything really but hurting the side of my pinky toe.
Oh man! The Lebron XIs feel great everywhere except for the pinky toe, especially on cuts. I thought my pinky was slamming into the foamposite but maybe it is the flywire.

^Don't know about the black areas, but the toe scuffs are gonna be nuts on these Kung Fus... good thing I only ball in them and won't care too much.

That's one thing I really liked about some of the iD options for the 8 --- the toe cap piece was translucent, showing the color of the upper and does not scuff so easily

Yup I wonder why they don't use that every time. Then you can see the scuffs

Oh man! The Lebron XIs feel great everywhere except for the pinky toe, especially on cuts. I thought my pinky was slamming into the foamposite but maybe it is the flywire.
It's a combination of both I think. I feel the wire more because the posite material is so damn stiff plus the fuse. So you feel the pressure of the posite plus the flywire pushing the side of your toes.

Last edited:
does anyone know or have confirmation if the 9s are coming out in toddlers and preschool sizes? GS is too big for my daughter. need them in 6c-10c lo!!

does anyone know or have confirmation if the 9s are coming out in toddlers and preschool sizes? GS is too big for my daughter. need them in 6c-10c lo!!
I would assume so. Lebron and KD got the treatment I don't see why not for the 9 lows. But it's no confirmation from me.

not looking good for the white lows, if there are already black spots after 1 wear on the kung fus 
ohwell.gif

Last edited:

not looking good for the white lows, if there are already black spots after 1 wear on the kung fus 
ohwell.gif

Even on the Kobe 8 Superhero elites. I noticed all the pairs that were still sitting in stores had dirt marks on them from just being touch by people's hand. Thats just how it goes with lighter colors on EM or flyknit.

Last edited:
So general consensus is to half size down. I got the inspirations and have been getting a little bit of slippage even when I double sock. Todays my last day to take em back to nike and then just hope for a restock. I would just hate to take em back, get a 12.5 and it be too small. Im gonna try to cop the showtimes in a 12.5 online and then go in store to buy a 13. That way I can get the size I need in that shoe for sure.

Hopefully it all works out. Im kinda picky when it comes to slippage though.

Anyone can help me here?  Why is the tongue on the inspires smaller and shorter than my MPs?
could also be how tightly laced the shoes are, which makes the tongue sit lower/higher.  or what Lypac stated also.  I think as long as it doesnt bother you, dont worry about it.  if its really bugging, then you do what you gotta do. whether that's return or find another pair that matches the tongue length which might be a headache. 

could also be how tightly laced the shoes are, which makes the tongue sit lower/higher.  or what Lypac stated also.  I think as long as it doesnt bother you, dont worry about it.  if its really bugging, then you do what you gotta do. whether that's return or find another pair that matches the tongue length which might be a headache. 
@nsquared8   Yeah I don't think it's a biggie. As long as the height matches on the same pair. And damn you got the MP's you don't need to be complaining. 
laugh.gif
 I kid I kid.

They all can't be identical. This shoe is pretty hard to make spot on all the time I would imagine. My Inspirations one side is taller than the other.
Thanks for the info.

Ah, I'll check that.

@nsquared8   Yeah I don't think it's a biggie. As long as the height matches on the same pair. And damn you got the MP's you don't need to be complaining. 
laugh.gif
 I kid I kid.
Thanks for the help.  Yeah, having MPs is nice haha.  One of my grails.

For all that are wondering if we will see the influence here in the us I hope this shirt gives everybody some hope! Grabbed it from champs Saturday night along with the kd Easter shirt!
I don't think that shirt gives any indication that the Influences are being released in the US. If anything, that shirt matches the Prelude 5's the best.

^Agreed.

That Black Mamba t-shirt reminds me of the Prelude V colorway too...

I'm probably wrong tho since I didn't manage to grab a pair :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
Idk why a random champs store would still have a shirt that matches the prelude 5s when they didn't even get close to getting them but I guess that could make sense

Just thought i would throw out some weight comparisons of the 8's and 9's. (All lows are size 10.5,) (9 elite high size 10)

Kobe 8 EM -  10.165oz

Kobe 8 elite - 11.597oz

Kobe 9 EM - 12.920oz

Kobe 9 elite - 15.760oz (size 10)

All midsoles are 10.5

Kobe 8 EM- 3.23oz

Kobe 9 EM - 3.80oz

Kobe 8 Elite - 5.36oz

Back
Top Bottom