THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
IMO the IX could have been one the the standout silhouettes of the Kobe line but Nike has let us done. I love the look of the shoe. The elites, the lows and em's all look great but the colorways have been sub par. The HTM lows are amazing, as well as the MP's, inspirations and Perspectives(even though I'm not a huge fan of all the blue).The independence days, Brazils and cobalts are terrible. When they first did the official unveiling press conference, there was a multitude of colorways and different flyknit patterns. So much potential for this shoe and nike is content in just giving us blah colorways. I mean there's a flyknit air max that's grey/blue/purple but we can't get a draft day or MPLS elite low? It's crazy. And EM has a million possibilities as well but we continue to get lazy designs. I mean even the snake print on Nikeid isn't the same as the ones P. j. Tucker was wearing, which were a far superior pattern. Sorry for the long post.
I could not agree more. I feel Nike missed a huge opportunity. A shoe with so much potential, and all the quality releases were limited as  you mentinod. Terrible ID options this year. The 8 had a much stronger drive and I own 5 pairs of the 8, and that is only about half of the ones I wanted to cop. Not to mention way better ID options. This year I only feel like I missed out on the MC ID's, Masterpieces and the HTM stuff. I only picked up the details, and the Easters on discount. I even think the lebron 11 line had more solid cws than the kobe ix and that is shameful. Nike screwed up big time. I only hope the kobe X makes up for it.

I missed out on the MP, ASG, Influence and PP. But to be honest, I felt the colorway and iD execution on the 8 was better than the 9.

There's probably about 10 really worth while color ways (MP, ASG, Showtimes, Influence, Details, Beethovens, Moonwalker, Philipines, Chinas, Kungfu and probably the ultra limited HTMs).

I agree, they made all of the sought after designs hard to obtain (despite the dissenting opinion). KPs were readily available. Masterpieces, not so much.

The 8s were crazy. I will say I like the elite more on the 9 than 8 (only because they're so radically different from the EM).

I just feel like the creative juices at Nike are a little bankrupt right now with Soooo many lines and color ways releasing.

Last edited:
There were a few colour ways of both the 8 and 9 that would sell out quick, but Nike being Nike decided to give us trash.

8 - amnesty, home, inlines, elite homes
9 - inline highs, black pair, htm ...

I hope we see the elite highs on nikeid even if it's a QS.

I know this isn't the thread but I think the kobe 5 was probably the best kobe sig. imo Right up there with the kobe 8 and the kobe 9.
how would you guys rate the nike kobe models 1-9?

Last edited:
There were a few colour ways of both the 8 and 9 that would sell out quick, but Nike being Nike decided to give us trash.

IMO it's more a case of wanting what you can't have with those 8s... Were those better than some of the bottom dweller CWs? Sure, but they don't hold a candle to the better CWs.

I know this isn't the thread but I think the kobe 5 was probably the best kobe sig. imo Right up there with the kobe 8 and the kobe 9.

the 5's were overrated. they looked the best out of all the sigs, but performance wise they weren't that great FOR ME.

the 6's were the best, DAT ZOOM :smokin and then the 8/9's

IMO it's more a case of wanting what you can't have with those 8s... Were those better than some of the bottom dweller CWs? Sure, but they don't hold a candle to the better CWs.

i agree it has somewhat to do with wanting what we can't have, but personally i loved the 2 tone sole/midsole combo they did and those amnesties were amazing. that's why i love my sulfer's so much.

The Kobe V, once broken in, had about a 2 week window of being the greatest shoe I have ever played. After the 2 weeks, the material couldn't hold up and would become flimsy and wouldnt hold the foot as well and I could feel the side material stretching out.

the 5's were overrated. they looked the best out of all the sigs, but performance wise they weren't that great FOR ME.

the 6's were the best, DAT ZOOM :smokin and then the 8/9's

i agree it has somewhat to do with wanting what we can't have, but personally i loved the 2 tone sole/midsole combo they did and those amnesties were amazing. that's why i love my sulfer's so much.

i shoudl block you

5;s were easily the best performers

if someone had a ton of inlines DS id give up all my DS 8's and 9's for em easily.

I've played in all the kobe low cuts so I can only account for 4-9. Imo 9>5>4>8>6>7 

I just really hated the 7s. The 4s were crazy when they came out though easily best shoe of the decade for me.

Dusty Cactus
Premium black and grey joints
And these lower merions are dope.

Last edited:
they were giving those Mangos away to youtubers/reviewers...and I don't think any of them even wanted the shoes
laugh.gif

guys like Nightwing, FoamerSimpson, BULL1TRC, etc...Champs sent them pairs of the mangos and they do their little review and say nice things (because they want to continue to be sent free shoes) but then you never, ever see them again
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom