THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
So I contacted the guy about altering my WTK 9's. Here's what he had to say: 

Hey there, thanks for your interest. I am converting the Kobe IX Elite highs into low tops for $350 per pair including shipping back to you. It will come complete with a resized tongue. I think it looks alot cleaner with out. This will be a completely factory looking alteration and will also provide a loop for the laces to go through on the tongue as well as leather DANK lace dubrays. You ofcourse will need to provide the shoes. I do accept payment in full up front via paypal and that also will secure your spot in line. Please allow around 2 months for completion.

You can send your shoes to:
Jacob Danklefs
8406 Golden Sunset
San Antonio, TX 78250

You can send payment via paypal gift to jwdanklefs@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you soon.

oh hell nah

650 for wtk low

BHM would be a better low IMO

I wonder if he outsources the alteration now because the first ones look nothing like his latest work.

Probably, he also mentioned on his page that he responded to almost 600 emails. Lets say half of those peeps are willing to drop 350 for the conversion. Chances are, theres a team behind him doing work else he couldnt have given clients a 2 month estimate as thats pretty fast.

$350 to use a pair of scizors that guy is out of his mind. Not even considering the fact that you had to pay about $300 for the shoe.

Got the WTK instead of BHM.

Seeing the WTK in person I noticed a lot of pics don't do justice on them (esp with filters). Its not just the 1/2 green 1/2 orange shoe theres an underlying blue that seeps thru the stitching. Almost looks like a crayon colouring popping against the white.

A black/white shoe can be had at anytime these but these 
smokin.gif

Seeing the WTK in person I noticed a lot of pics don't do justice on them (esp with filters). Its not just the 1/2 green 1/2 orange shoe theres an underlying blue that seeps thru the stitching. Almost looks like a crayon colouring popping against the white.

A black/white shoe can be had at anytime these but these :smokin  

I did the same thing. I changed my mind. I also felt I could make a black/white ID low if I got the itch...but I just recently copped the AJ 1 Black/white so I'm good for now.

Cant believe how many ppl already put the WTK 9's on eBay already. Luckily most of them are going for slightly under retail. Only saw a few above $275. Always good to see ppl buy a shoe only to sell it the day of and take a loss on it. 

Cant believe how many ppl already put the WTK 9's on eBay already. Luckily most of them are going for slightly under retail. Only saw a few above $275. Always good to see ppl buy a shoe only to sell it the day of and take a loss on it. 
What sizes did you see going for under retail? 

I'd buy a 13 right now

Man I like these WTK 9, they are absolutely gorgeous. Just gotta wait for this rain and winter to stop so I can finally rock em

Does anyone know of any stores in OC that still has the What the Kobes in a size 9?
HOH in South Coast still has 8.5 and size 9.5 when i left there today.  Check it out, talk to their manager, it's a Middle Eastern man.  Just be nice and he might hook you up.  Or I saw one on Craigslist selling for $320 but I talked him down to 300, but decided...eh... haha.  That's pretty much retail +tax and some change.  Gluck man.  

A black/white shoe can be had at anytime these but these :smokin  
I feel you on this but just a bit too fruity pebbles x Easter for me. I'm sure they will look great on court. Disappointed I haven't seen anyone wear em in the NBA yet but I haven't looked too hard. If anybody seen pics I'd appreciate. Btw that pair Wes Johnson wore today was dope.

With the the price, Christmas and all the other releases this was an easy cop. Even the Jordans are still in stores. But things will change later this month, looks like the IRS starts to receive tax returns 1/20. BHM might be easy as well.

Does anyone know how long "Bouncewear" usually needs to send an email if an order was finally successful and will be shipped or if it will be cancelled cause they sold more than they had?

All eyes will be on BHM Jordan 1s considering how limited those are. The BHM Kobes should be fairly easy for those who want them

My xmas pair from bounce wear shipped. Hopefully no customs charges even though they were $216 shipped. I think the rule is the item value not including shipping must be under $200.

My xmas pair from bounce wear shipped. Hopefully no customs charges even though they were $216 shipped. I think the rule is the item value not including shipping must be under $200.
When did you order them?

Still waiting for an update from them regarding my WT order

Why would that be hard to believe, tons of pairs, of whatever go on eBay on RD, with just screenshots of the sale sometimes.

I don't see any under retail with a quick check - a lot of auction style, and a lot of just over retail pairs - 329, 349, etc. All in all a couple hundred pairs up on/right after RD is not bad. In the end who cares, this was not a hard online cop, so generally if you wanted them and got up on time, you should have them. If you didn't and couldn't find them in a brick and mortar, then those prices are not terrible for the just after RD salty I missed out or overslept pricing phase of the product life cycle.

I just looked at the launch calendar, why are Kobes being released along side the Kyries on the 19th? 
mean.gif

At least put them together with the KD's I want to actually have a chance at getting them on RD, I've got a bad feeling about this release. 

Hopefully they're as easy as the Xmas pair, but with only KI's as competition I'm seeing a very quick sell out unless everybody is still hating on the highs.

Side note:  WTK IX has a nice subtle speckle job on the mid sole and sole, great execution on Nikes part.  

They need to fire the blind kid at the sweat shop on the splatter machine at Nike ID and get the dude who did the WTK IX on the gun for ID's. 
mean.gif

just got an email from the Eu site i ordered from that my order cant be filled.

Anyone know any other Eu sites that still have pairs?(or even asian sites)

Back
Top Bottom