THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Nope, the 9 lows are awesome to play in, but in terms of look, performance, style and some of the colourways, the Kobe 9 Elite are the nicest shoes I have ever seen. Favourite Kobe to play in is probably the 4, although, there is a 2-3 week moment in the life span of the Kobe 5's that they break in and perform better than any shoe I have ever had. Then, the material begins to stretch and it becomes flimsy. Im a low top guy, but man, the 9 highs are just beyond everything thats ever been made

Hey guys, I have ankles on the skinnier side and the shank towards the outside heel of the elites stab me every time I cut hard. The shoe fits fine otherwise, but I stopped trying to play in them after my second bloody sock. Anyone else have this problem?

I saw someone did way earlier in the thread but he gave up balling in them and I would really rather not do that :/

Hey guys, I have ankles on the skinnier side and the shank towards the outside heel of the elites stab me every time I cut hard. The shoe fits fine otherwise, but I stopped trying to play in them after my second bloody sock. Anyone else have this problem?

I saw someone did way earlier in the thread but he gave up balling in them and I would really rather not do that :/
you have ankles on the skinnier side???

Not trying to be a di**, but I have no idea what you mean. All people should have ankles, that protrude a bit on both their left and right side, on both leg/foot. If you mean that your ankles protrude an abnormal amount laterally (outside) or medially (inside) and the carbon fiber (carbon for elites, TPU for EM) heel shank is hurting you; no I haven't had or ever heard of that happening. I don't really see how it is either because your foot should be lifted a bit to where your ankles are above those pieces.

Last edited:
Its his indirect way of saying he has skinny ankles.

I feel this on the outside of my ankles as well but it's hit or miss. Not enough to bother me

hooped in my kobe 9 elites for the first time over the weekend. amazing. can't believe it took me this long to hoop in a pair.

haha that too.

to be more specific, after you unlace them.  after my first run ever, when i unlaced them, i felt like my leg was being release from a huge loving hug from the collar.  mixed with the cooler air hitting my sweaty leg, felt so good.

FYI, just got back from my local Champs ALL remaining Kobe 9 EM lows were $99.. Definitely a great deal-I picked up the Silk Roads. On Champs' website the price is still $160 although the guy at the store told me they can order your size (for the $99) and have it it shipped to the store for an extra $3. You guys should call your local Champs if you're interested in any of the EMs in stock.

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this... SMH!!!!  Beethoven part deux!
I can honestly barely see it without looking real hard. I know we all want to keep our kicks looking brand new for as long as possible but sometimes you just gotta let it go. Its no fun wearing a shoe that your worried about getting dirty. It almost becomes more of a chore than enjoying the shoe. I actually am not directing this comment towards you my man, its something that I was thinking about yesterday when playing ball in my showtimes yesterday. This post just made me think of it again.  I do hate how the white flyknit will do that though.

That sucks about the BHMs. Guess it's just unavoidable to have some color bleeding into the white flyknit. Still, I'd just wear em and enjoy em.

I can honestly barely see it without looking real hard. I know we all want to keep our kicks looking brand new for as long as possible but sometimes you just gotta let it go. Its no fun wearing a shoe that your worried about getting dirty. It almost becomes more of a chore than enjoying the shoe. I actually am not directing this comment towards you my man, its something that I was thinking about yesterday when playing ball in my showtimes yesterday. This post just made me think of it again.  I do hate how the white flyknit will do that though.
Yeah I hear ya.  If it was just getting dirty, it would be one thing.  But first the Beethovens now this.  Should have learned my lesson.  Oh well... in the end you are correct.  Just think that Nike should figure this out and fix it.  If I return them, then there is a hole in my collection.  Just venting.  On a side note... these had 3 coats of Jason Markk repel.  Thought it would help... but I guess it did not.  

Yeah I hear ya.  If it was just getting dirty, it would be one thing.  But first the Beethovens now this.  Should have learned my lesson.  Oh well... in the end you are correct.  Just think that Nike should figure this out and fix it.  If I return them, then there is a hole in my collection.  Just venting.  On a side note... these had 3 coats of Jason Markk repel.  Thought it would help... but I guess it did not.  
I understand my man. I hate the fact that we spend 250 dollars on a shoe and it gets dirty because of the design of the shoe and not because we made it dirty. I have considered getting that Jason Markk repel. Does it generally work pretty well?

I understand my man. I hate the fact that we spend 250 dollars on a shoe and it gets dirty because of the design of the shoe and not because we made it dirty. I have considered getting that Jason Markk repel. Does it generally work pretty well?
Yeah I am overall very happy with it.  Works very well to prevent soak in of any liquid.  Gonna cruise to Jason Markk at lunch to see if they can do anything and will report back.  But they had no luck with the Bee's.  

Back
Top Bottom