The Official Kobe X iD thread

Nice. I have 2 pairs very similar - one with volt swoosh and gum as the only differences, and one with black translucent sole and black swoosh as only differences.

CMS are looking GOOD!

Looks like the same weave to me also.  The toe box on the Kobe IX MCs are better in IMO
But, we get a lot more MC real estate on the X when you take away the heel counter/carbon fiber plate.

Nice. I have 2 pairs very similar - one with volt swoosh and gum as the only differences, and one with black translucent sole and black swoosh as only differences.

CMS are looking GOOD!

Looks like the same weave to me also.  The toe box on the Kobe IX MCs are better in IMO
But, we get a lot more MC real estate on the X when you take away the heel counter/carbon fiber plate.
True.  There are pros and cons to each model.  I'm just happy I didn't sleep on them..LOL  

I'll take comparison shots between the MPs, MMs, MC IX and MC Xs.

It definitely looks painted.

Now I wish I went with the grey medial instead of black :frown:
Eh. It does look painted. BUT, I don't think I'll mind some variation in the depth of color on the black. I went with 4 pairs with black medial - so I kinda gotta like it or deal with it or send them back (which I doubt is gonna happen).

Damn the ragret on not going with black like I intended. Hope the wolf grey comes out fire too or MC comes back after they're done with making everybody's pair(s). :nerd:

hmm I wonder if that's the reason to not do full MC

These pics are better then what I expected, glad I got a pair and regretting that I didn't go for 2. Christmas coming early.. now to hunt down and MC 9 or MM. 

Which would you guys go for first?

hmm I wonder if that's the reason to not do full MC

Probably not. The entire theme of the X line has been asymmetrical.

That black spray paint makes the classy shoe look cheap :smh:

Damn you nike for taking shortcuts

That black spray paint makes the classy shoe look cheap
mean.gif

they spray painted the mc on the medial side, that's why.. Nike just like to mess with us so instead of full mc, they just spray paint it off just for kicks.. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

j/k though.. but whatever, I'll still rock 'em unless the quality is really really bad, then they'll go back.. 

Last edited:
That black spray paint makes the classy shoe look cheap
mean.gif

Can't agree with you more.. looks like they just made a bunch of half mc half grey uppers and decided to spray paint whatever color someone chose on the grey side. If they only weaved a half mc half black upper it woulda looked so effin good. Nike has been dropping the ball hard on this model, from the cheap murky midsoles to the painted uppers... makes me sad cuz it had so much potential. 

Glad I did my pairs, a lot of people will regret passing on these. But i don't like that the black is spray painted

Those look SICK! Something looks just a little off with the black. I hope its just the picture.
It's because there is a filter on that picture!! Looking at the other pictures are making me wish I went with the white swoosh

Hopefully Nike restocks the multicolor ID's again... These pictures along are making me want to make more!
I knew something was off about that black from the first pic! Thats crazy that Nike would paint Black weave.

Can't agree with you more.. looks like they just made a bunch of half mc half grey uppers and decided to spray paint whatever color someone chose on the grey side. If they only weaved a half mc half black upper it woulda looked so effin good. Nike has been dropping the ball hard on this model, from the cheap murky midsoles to the painted uppers... makes me sad cuz it had so much potential. 
Can't agree more! WTF. WIth the price of IDs being so high, I'd like to assume that they would cut less corners.

Back
Top Bottom