The Official Kobe X iD thread

It is still there....I have ANOTHER pair in my cart.....I'm torn between an all grey pair or a pair of mamba moments from ebay. What do you guys think? I dont have any MMs but I love the all grey pairs I've seen.

It is still there....I have ANOTHER pair in my cart.....I'm torn between an all grey pair or a pair of mamba moments from ebay. What do you guys think? I dont have any MMs but I love the all grey pairs I've seen.
If the choice is between those two, I pick the MM, no question.

My opinion the mamba moments need to be the real mamba moments he was wearing when breaking the record. I have those and they're so dope.

Grey came off a lot better than black
Gum soles look great to me. I ordered all 3 of my pairs with gum soles.

I just don't want to deal with the yellowing problem of translucent soles.

I wish we had it with the 9s

but wouldn't the midsole yellow?

Beethoven's, Sharks
No offense to OP, but the only way to even consider those Beethoven or Shark approximations is to not have either (in the sense that if you do you can see how far short the ID versions fall). Beethoven's don't have a blue sole, both the Beethoven and Shark have 2 different swoosh colors, etc.

And it's definitely not a Beethoven until your toe box gets some purplish splotches.

Obvious. There is no OG factor when the shoe is released as an iD with multiple options and the template is the ugliest combination of said options. Anyone who bought these because Kobe wore the design one time missed out on the opportunity to design a fresh pair with a killer mc flyknit. I personally lost my mind and bought 6 pairs in different colorways and never considered that design for a second. I also don't regret it, as I have a closet full of pristine J's and I still wear MM 9's almost daily. Even the 10 doesn't compare. The mc elite 9 lows might be the freshest shoes ever, alongside the Jordan 11.

If Kobe wasn't wearing that multi color sole on the MM's you'd be hard pressed to find one single person on earth who would've ordered that sole on their own pairs.  When Nike gave that pair to Kobe he probably laughed and said "seriously?!"

No offense to OP, but the only way to even consider those Beethoven or Shark approximations is to not have either (in the sense that if you do you can see how far short the ID versions fall). Beethoven's don't have a blue sole, both the Beethoven and Shark have 2 different swoosh colors, etc.

And it's definitely not a Beethoven until your toe box gets some purplish splotches.

Damn bruh, where the hate come from. These are ID versions, you can't get em EXACTLY like the real deal or else I would have. My bad for putting in my own interests and creativity. I like them and that's all that matters, there's a reason why these are IDs. If I wanted true sharks or Beethoven's I would have bought them (which I already have). Just here showing pics of my ID creations, don't know why you so salty for.

Last edited:
Damn bruh, where the hate come from. These are ID versions, you can't get em EXACTLY like the real deal or else I would have. My bad for putting in my own interests and creativity. I like them and that's all that matters, there's a reason why these are IDs. If I wanted true sharks or Beethoven's I would have bought them (which I already have). Just here showing pics of my ID creations, don't know why you so salty for.
No salt. That's exactly why I said "no offense" - I know you can't get ID versions exactly like the regular release - I just don't understand why people (lots of them) make the comparison to certain shoes where the ID version falls way short.

Certain ID versions warrant comparison to the released version, some don't. All IMO. YMWV.

I see what youre saying and all but at the end of the day they're still "Beethoven" or "Shark" inspired, and everyone designed their pairs based on these two releases with a twist of their own creativity. I got a pair of Beethoven IXs and Sharks so its whatever but I still rock these two IDs hard.

Dumb question but has anyone ever bought an id, returned for a full refund at a Nike store, then have a friend buy it at a cheaper price being that Nike is allowed to sell returned id's?

If Kobe wasn't wearing that multi color sole on the MM's you'd be hard pressed to find one single person on earth who would've ordered that sole on their own pairs.  When Nike gave that pair to Kobe he probably laughed and said "seriously?!"

I hated it too but when I got it in person it grew on me. I wanted exactly what Kobe wore to break that record.

Back
Top Bottom