The Official Kobe XI NikeID Thread - Elite & EM available now

Here's my unfortunate luck story re the Mamba Days [emoji]128546[/emoji]

Copped a code from someone & at first the code wasn't working, so I waited a couple hours and it finally started working later in the night. This was around 4am Australia time - and I was STRUGGLING to keep my eyes open, so I kinda rushed my ID in the early hours of the morning. I was sooooo tired that I remember vividly just staring at the screen & thinking 'fuark this, i just gotta get it done so I can sleep'

Woke up today, checked my order and noticed I put the wrong tongue colour on & the pair id made, was really not what I wanted from this release. I put a white tongue when I was tired, but I really wanted the gold tongue.. So I got onto Nike chat and began the cancelling process so I could reorder.

THEN TO MY UNFORTUNATE LUCK, the Nike rep said the mamba moments were OOS and it was finished haha the rep then asked if I "wanted to cancel still?"

I really didn't like the pairs I made, so I cancelled regardless. But I was HATING IT and that decision wasn't easy.

Then just when I thought things couldn't get much worse. They did. Lol the rep tells me the code is likely not going to be able to be used again! Lol fuark I'm so mad brotha

I'll find out tomorrow if I ALSO lose my 25% off coupon that I paid good money for lol

Congrats to everyone who copped .. I didn't want to be a Debbie Downer about the situation, I just think it makes for a funny story

So even tho I'll miss out on these sick shoes (and a rare code), atleast I'll have a story to tell my grandkids one day about the Kobe sneaker & how much of an L I took 'on that sad day'

Thank you Kobe.

Yours sincerely,

A bitter, tired, sneaker enthusiast.

And keep something in mind...these might be one of the last Kobe iDs for a long time.  Signature lines do continue after a player retires, but iDs?  Even the Jordan iD offerings are....well.   I got a feeling after the 11 is done, old iDs of the 9, 10, and 11 are going to be in demand if there aren't any more Kobe iDs for the 12, 13, etc.  I think people who made iDs of the 9, 10 and 11...and returned them night have regrets in the future too.

you really think they'd stop doing IDs for the next model? Kobe is the first player with a signature shoe line that's been available on NikeID to retire so you can't really compare to Jordans. I don't see why they'd stop offering it.

you really think they'd stop doing IDs for the next model? Kobe is the first player with a signature shoe line that's been available on NikeID to retire so you can't really compare to Jordans. I don't see why they'd stop offering it.

No way they stop with this model for Kobe iDs. Plenty of players wear Kobe's, more importantly Kobe iDs

Would anyone happen to have made a black gold ID and received them and are able to provide some pics for us?

thanks so much!!! 
I assume you're just talking about a regular elite iD to replicate the FTB? I posted this a day or two ago, obviously a couple differences with speckles on sole and heel/tongue logo color but this has been on IG for a bit

I might ID a pair. The flyknit looks the same but the date on the back and the sewn swoosh are what I really liked about the FTB XI's

I might ID a pair. The flyknit looks the same but the date on the back and the sewn swoosh are what I really liked about the FTB XI's
I got it saved to the wishlist, maybe just waiting for last call down the road to pull the trigger. Part of me feels like I'd want the shozoku gold though like that pair and not all black. Not sure though.

I got it saved to the wishlist, maybe just waiting for last call down the road to pull the trigger. Part of me feels like I'd want the shozoku gold though like that pair and not all black. Not sure though.
I'm going to wait a week or so and if there is no sign of a restock on those FTB's I will pull the trigger.

I'm going to wait a week or so and if there is no sign of a restock on those FTB's I will pull the trigger.
Yea I could see Nike pulling a Sergio and taking away that gold swoosh option, just having it magically disappear. Maybe I'll do it soon too. Need that restock on the bank account after this past couple weeks with Kobe.

Wow, the exact same ones I ordered. (sans the Tongue ID & Heel Logo Color depending on what you chose) Couldn't decide between white and black sole but the white just looked more clean to me. 

Nice taste dude!

Thanks Boss! Let's hope they are 100 when we finally get them.

Yea I could see Nike pulling a Sergio and taking away that gold swoosh option, just having it magically disappear. Maybe I'll do it soon too. Need that restock on the bank account after this past couple weeks with Kobe.
Same man, that's why I had to pull the trigger. Can't risk not being able to order these.. plus I figured since I was using a 20% code on the Mamba day iD's, might as well just throw these in there as well. It's also kind of cool cuz I can actually hoop in these whereas if I had the original FTB XI's they'd be going in a glass case or something. This is what I went with;

Same man, that's why I had to pull the trigger. Can't risk not being able to order these.. plus I figured since I was using a 20% code on the Mamba day iD's, might as well just throw these in there as well. It's also kind of cool cuz I can actually hoop in these whereas if I had the original FTB XI's they'd be going in a glass case or something. This is what I went with;
Good point, yea I used a 15% code on my two Mamba Day iDs, and placed the order right away when they went live. Had I known that the ebay scalper would cancel my FTB order from earlier, I would have done the same but I already thought I had them locked up and didn't think I needed the iD. Ah well.

So my wife being the nice consoling person she is keeps trying to convince me the ID's are better than the FTB's. It isn't working lol

Kobe IDs will keep on going. they should sign Demar or Paul George to continue the Kobe line kinda like the CP3 or Melo Air Jordans.

Always like to see 'real' pics.  Not a fan of EMs, and was hesitant to buy, but I reluctantly pulled the trigger and ordered the default pair, along with a mostly white one.

Now that I saw those pics, I'm very glad I did.  Some regretful people are going to be scanning 'Bay' listings for these if there's not another run of these offered.  Hopefully the offer another run so everybody gets to eat.  

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom