***The Official Legalization of Cannabis Thread***

I think most of NT voting against it is going to get affected by it either:

A. They can't make $$$ by pushing their product

or

B. They don't want the price to increase

Both are valid reasons for certain people to not vote for it. I'm certainly not gonna knock the dude who doesn't want this to go through because he's out of potential clients. This nonsense about how corporations will destroy the system is just foolish. I don't understand how quality is going to suffer. Post prohibition the quality of alcohol increased. You can still grow your own if you don't think corporate quality is up to snuff.

And as far as buying/selling goes right now it's still a pyramid scheme and that's not going to change no matter who's in charge. Am I wrong but after legalization won't this open the market for people to apply for commercial licenses to setup shop and sell?

I love marijuana with all my heart but I dont agree it should be totally legal, theyre are many people who abuse it and let it ruin their lives,many people say its not addicting but it is,if your a smoker and ever tried to quit this is self-explainable,I agree that it should have to be recommended by a doctor and that tests should be done and the amount you can have should be no more than half an oz,alot more other rules will have to be enforced for this to work but I dont want to go into more details rite now,LEGALIZE IT BUT MONITOR IT TO THE MAX!

I love marijuana with all my heart but I dont agree it should be totally legal, theyre are many people who abuse it and let it ruin their lives,many people say its not addicting but it is,if your a smoker and ever tried to quit this is self-explainable,I agree that it should have to be recommended by a doctor and that tests should be done and the amount you can have should be no more than half an oz,alot more other rules will have to be enforced for this to work but I dont want to go into more details rite now,LEGALIZE IT BUT MONITOR IT TO THE MAX!

Originally Posted by shoefreek23

I love marijuana with all my heart but I dont agree it should be totally legal, theyre are many people who abuse it and let it ruin their lives,many people say its not addicting but it is,if your a smoker and ever tried to quit this is self-explainable,I agree that it should have to be recommended by a doctor and that tests should be done and the amount you can have should be no more than half an oz,alot more other rules will have to be enforced for this to work but I dont want to go into more details rite now,LEGALIZE IT BUT MONITOR IT TO THE MAX!!!
 it wasnt hard for me to quit after smoking every day for a year, but then again, it was either quit or move out
but i think if it was legalized, the u.s. would be a better place.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by shoefreek23

I love marijuana with all my heart but I dont agree it should be totally legal, theyre are many people who abuse it and let it ruin their lives,many people say its not addicting but it is,if your a smoker and ever tried to quit this is self-explainable,I agree that it should have to be recommended by a doctor and that tests should be done and the amount you can have should be no more than half an oz,alot more other rules will have to be enforced for this to work but I dont want to go into more details rite now,LEGALIZE IT BUT MONITOR IT TO THE MAX!!!
 it wasnt hard for me to quit after smoking every day for a year, but then again, it was either quit or move out
but i think if it was legalized, the u.s. would be a better place.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LazyLid

Fact: If California Legalizes Marijuana, the Feds Can't Overturn It

by Scott Morgan, October 13, 2010, 12:18am
Posted in:

* Marijuana -- Personal Use

Arguably the most plainly false argument to emerge in the debate over Prop 19 is that the new law could be "challenged in court" and overturned by the federal government if it passes. Obviously, opponents of marijuana legalization would like its supporters to believe their vote is pointless, but the truth is that Prop 19 would be just as legally binding as the medical marijuana law that came before it.

The latest example of this false claim comes from Bill Whitaker at CBS News:

Even if it passes, pot would still be illegal under federal drug laws, so it's likely Prop 19 will be challenged in court. That means the whole controversial issue could just go up in smoke.

This just isn't true. There is literally nothing the feds can do to change California law. If state laws had to be the same as federal laws, then the term "state law" wouldn't even be familiar to us. Each state has its own unique set of laws that are enforced by police and courts in that state. Federal laws are completely different and they only apply when you're dealing with federal police and federal courts.

Of course, it's also true that federal law can be enforced anywhere in the country, and that seems to be what's confusing people here. If Prop 19 passes, the closest the federal government can come to interfering with it is to make their own arrests and carry out prosecutions in federal court. This works fine for making an example out of someone they don't like, but it hardly lessens the impact of a major change in state law. Marijuana would remain legal in the eyes of California police, and that's what counts. Just look at the medical marijuana situation, where the feds made some busts, but still failed to prevent a massive industry from forming, because the feds can't realistically take over the role of local law enforcement.

It's critically important that voters (as well as journalists) understand how this works so that everyone knows the facts before the vote on November 2nd. If Prop 19 passes, the issue cannot and will not "just go up in smoke," no matter how badly the drug warriors in Washington, D.C. wish that such a possibility existed. Please consider contacting CBS to suggest a correction to their coverage.

link to article:http://stopthedrugwar.org/speakeasy/2010/oct/13/fact_if_california_legalizes_mar

"That's where you're wrong". If prop 19 passes, marijuana will now be legal for RECREATIONAL use. Right now, medical marijuana (even though illegal),
is not being prosecuted by the Feds because it's considered "medicine" and health and well being of citizens is under STATE rights.

BUT, Prop 19 classifies marijuana as recreational use, making it fully eligible for prosecution by the Feds under the interstate commerce act. If it passes, people will appeal it.

As much as I hope I'm wrong about this, I fear this will happen.

Originally Posted by LazyLid

Fact: If California Legalizes Marijuana, the Feds Can't Overturn It

by Scott Morgan, October 13, 2010, 12:18am
Posted in:

* Marijuana -- Personal Use

Arguably the most plainly false argument to emerge in the debate over Prop 19 is that the new law could be "challenged in court" and overturned by the federal government if it passes. Obviously, opponents of marijuana legalization would like its supporters to believe their vote is pointless, but the truth is that Prop 19 would be just as legally binding as the medical marijuana law that came before it.

The latest example of this false claim comes from Bill Whitaker at CBS News:

Even if it passes, pot would still be illegal under federal drug laws, so it's likely Prop 19 will be challenged in court. That means the whole controversial issue could just go up in smoke.

This just isn't true. There is literally nothing the feds can do to change California law. If state laws had to be the same as federal laws, then the term "state law" wouldn't even be familiar to us. Each state has its own unique set of laws that are enforced by police and courts in that state. Federal laws are completely different and they only apply when you're dealing with federal police and federal courts.

Of course, it's also true that federal law can be enforced anywhere in the country, and that seems to be what's confusing people here. If Prop 19 passes, the closest the federal government can come to interfering with it is to make their own arrests and carry out prosecutions in federal court. This works fine for making an example out of someone they don't like, but it hardly lessens the impact of a major change in state law. Marijuana would remain legal in the eyes of California police, and that's what counts. Just look at the medical marijuana situation, where the feds made some busts, but still failed to prevent a massive industry from forming, because the feds can't realistically take over the role of local law enforcement.

It's critically important that voters (as well as journalists) understand how this works so that everyone knows the facts before the vote on November 2nd. If Prop 19 passes, the issue cannot and will not "just go up in smoke," no matter how badly the drug warriors in Washington, D.C. wish that such a possibility existed. Please consider contacting CBS to suggest a correction to their coverage.

link to article:http://stopthedrugwar.org/speakeasy/2010/oct/13/fact_if_california_legalizes_mar

"That's where you're wrong". If prop 19 passes, marijuana will now be legal for RECREATIONAL use. Right now, medical marijuana (even though illegal),
is not being prosecuted by the Feds because it's considered "medicine" and health and well being of citizens is under STATE rights.

BUT, Prop 19 classifies marijuana as recreational use, making it fully eligible for prosecution by the Feds under the interstate commerce act. If it passes, people will appeal it.

As much as I hope I'm wrong about this, I fear this will happen.

The idea of corporations taking over and hurting small business bothers me. I hope they keep the production and distribution the way it is right now for medicinal marijuana.

BTW, does $200 for a portable vape seem about right? Checking out Amazon.

The idea of corporations taking over and hurting small business bothers me. I hope they keep the production and distribution the way it is right now for medicinal marijuana.

BTW, does $200 for a portable vape seem about right? Checking out Amazon.

since weed will be legal in CA, can we post pick up pictures???

at least in the norcal/socal forums?

since weed will be legal in CA, can we post pick up pictures???

at least in the norcal/socal forums?

Back
Top Bottom