The Official Lloyd Banks Thread **Halloween Havoc 3 Out Now**

V5 and V6 are better than Hunger For More though......

I totally disagree on the hit or miss production also, especially all the beats from the Jerm, thats the best producer for his new flow IMO and they have yet to miss.

To each his own though but I prefer new Banks at this point. Only so far punchline after punchline can carry you word to Cassidy and the old Fab
results and numbers dont lie, when banks was "da boy wonder" that dude was da hottest thing in NYC, you had radio asking 50 cent

"how do you feel about some people saying lloyd banks is a better rapper than you" 50 took that as a compliment cuz as someone he's

putting on he felt he was doing his job if others felt banks was starting to scorch..banks put fabolous outta business for 2 summers
laugh.gif

money in da bank seires >>>*

v5 & v6 aren't even touching blue hefner banks, that dude was a monster. son had memorable verses, this banks now is just a blur.

Banks just stopped being a punchline rapper, that's all. he's more of a complete lyricist than ever before. punchlines could only take you so far, he had to re-define himself by not using them. his storytelling is still amazing. he's definetely one of the most underrated lyricists in this day and age.

Last edited:
I like both versions of Banks.

Cold Corner 2 was my favorite mixtape in the last 5 years or so, maybe ever.

V6 was real good too, a lot more upbeat tracks.

Still giving F.N.O. time to sink in but it's super solid off of a couple of spins.

Banks just stopped being a punchline rapper, that's all. he's more of a complete lyricist than ever before.
its not just that, his voice has less range, and he's managed to get even LESS emotional...he was already a well rounded lyricist

but he's missing that flow that had that braggadocios bravado...its really hard to get into his tapes, but when put a best of from his

old flow is like water flowing...son was coming across effortlessly...this new tape got flashes of his old flow (da intro

got some it it) his timing is also off..he's trying to stuff every bar with too many syllables, comes across too deliberate.

Last edited:
its not just that, his voice has less range, and he's managed to get even LESS emotional...he was already a well rounded lyricist

but he's missing that flow that had that braggadocios bravado...its really hard to get into his tapes, but when put a best of from his

old flow is like water flowing...son was coming across effortlessly.

for some reason, i hear more emotion in his raps with this mixtape than i ever have from him. this track for example. he's never been an emotional rapper to begin with, he thrives on braggadocious rap. i hear a little growth from him.

Last edited:
^

Fire.

Definitely feel the emotion in his last couple tapes.

Just that it more contemplative than boisterous now.

I can dig it.

He took the street-emo crown from Budden.

i always thought Banks would be a good addition to Slaughterhouse for some reason, all them dudes are lyricists that are underrated as well. it would be a perfect fit for him. plus he is close with Em, but things didn't work out with Interscope since Rotten Apple dropped. dude wanted an apology for doubting him with the success of HFM 2, and i doubt they would of gave it to him :lol:

i always thought Banks would be a good addition to Slaughterhouse for some reason, all them dudes are lyricists that are underrated as well. it would be a perfect fit for him. plus he is close with Em, but things didn't work out with Interscope since Rotten Apple dropped. dude wanted an apology for doubting him with the success of HFM 2, and i doubt they would of gave it to him :lol:

He wanted the apology after Beamer Benz or Bentley was hit..

Hfm2 woudve sold alot better if it didnt come out so late after that song.

^

Fire.

Definitely feel the emotion in his last couple tapes.

Just that it more contemplative than boisterous now.

I can dig it.

He took the street-emo crown from Budden.

Thats what it is...emo banks is = bad for business.

Banks used to rap about that fly lyrical ****...all these

Post pardon depression beats with that belabored

Flow is killing me... Listen to DJ whoo kid pow radio

Best of lloyd banks for example, son was skating on

Anything and everything effortlessly.

He was even waaay better on slow menacing beats,

Rotten apple da title track w/ 50 cent & prodigy is still

One of my fav banks ever, straight NY lyrical raw fly

Last edited:

Banks gave you countless mix tapes and albums with that flow it was time to hang it up. the punchlines are cool on whoo kid and funk flex freestyles but on actual songs it got stale, i respect him trying to reinvent/tinkering with the flow. i do agree that sometimes it comes off as being off beat and trying to over rap the beat. i put this mix tape #4 (imo) behind #1-cc2 #2-v6 #3-v5 #5-HH etc

Banks gave you countless mix tapes and albums with that flow it was time to hang it up. the punchlines are cool on whoo kid and funk flex freestyles but on actual songs it got stale
i dont agree at all...

why fix what ain't broken?

take this classic flow for example...

and compare it to this......

its borderline horrendous.....and it hurts to say that cuz i used to bump banks ALLLLLLL da time.

i dont agree at all...

It may not be broken to you.. But if 50 is not bankrolling your life anymore... You will need to change to make money.

Fab & jada aint change & they good..i dont see da

point of trashing a flow that worked so well to sound

To cumbersome now...hell look at game, same flow

Same results, & his music/production knocks..

Last edited:

Banks gave you countless mix tapes and albums with that flow it was time to hang it up. the punchlines are cool on whoo kid and funk flex freestyles but on actual songs it got stale
i dont agree at all...

and compare it to this......

its borderline horrendous.....and it hurts to say that cuz i used to bump banks ALLLLLLL da time.

but "Keep Up" is better

that old flow is too outdated for production now, it worked for those slow *** beats back then.

and is it really working for Fab & Jada now...I've only heard about people saying how they have been declining and getting repetitive where as Banks is getting a lot of love for this tape and his last few joints.

Fab isn't better than Banks, he had to rely on 2 Chainz with his single for a buzz and it didn't get hm anywhere. Jada is just like Banks, he releases music then dissapears for a long period of time.

Last edited:
Jadakiss lyrically has always been on par, but his beats have been so mediocre for years now

Last edited:
And that's from one of Jada's worst projects I've heard from him :lol: I knew that tape was gonna be trash based on Jada's facial expression in the cover.

Fab isn't better than Banks, he had to rely on 2 Chainz with his single for a buzz and it didn't get hm anywhere. Jada is just like Banks, he releases music then dissapears for a long period of time.

Da soul tape 1 tape is better than every single "new"

Banks flow mixtape... Banks used to run CIRCLES

Around fab with his older flow....feels like when da

Chevy impala went from rear wheel drive to front

Wheel drive... :smh:

Whats da EXACT tape when banks changed it?

Back
Top Bottom