The Official Lloyd Banks Thread **Halloween Havoc 3 Out Now**

i just threw on da victory freestyle just to make sure da feeling is still there...yep, that OG banks flow was pristine, his ish now is so dreary and trash now....da lyrics is elite, but how their being delivered is straight up awful.

wish a fan who keeps it real got in his ear so he could tune up his flow back.

its depressing watch this dude now.

only in this thread can ya rationalize banks "making da best music of career" when none of that ish is getting burn cuz his flow is about as smooth as rocky mountains & sandpaper.

:lol: :smh:

His stuff isn't getting burn cause he make a lot of dark somber low-key music, and nobody is trying to hear that in the club. Banks has always been dope, but he's a better pure rapper now than he was years ago. He's on par with people like Elzhi/Phonte/Royce now, when back then he was a much better version of the average punchline type rapper.

Last edited:
Banks has always been dope, but he's a better pure rapper now than he was years ago

i disagree....he was already a pure rapper back then... punchline rappers were notoriously bad at carrying da bulk of a album format, and yet hunger for more is classic....you can be somber and low-key without flowing like gravel rocks...

Why don't you say that you personally like his old flow better then? His song structure, subject matter, and bars have vastly improved over the last 15 years. I wouldn't say Fab is still flourishing either, he's the bigger "artist" mainstream but Banks surpassed him skills wise a long time ago

Yeah Lloyd is friggin' sick. We probably won't get a "Hunger for More 3" or another studio LP but his radio freestyles and tapes will be appreciated. Keep em' comin'!

His song structure, subject matter, and bars have vastly improved over the last 15 years.

they haven't, if he's devolved flow wise, he didn't have a decline in another category.

its like a car with bad steering, don't matter much much better everything else is, if da road feel is worse.

Banks could've easily occupied a similar space that Fabolous is at right now.

Doubt it.

how are you doubting it when that's exactly what he did in da early 2000's all da way up to beamer benz or Bentley?

he had slorez records, mixtapes fire that was not only critically received well, but commerically well performing as well.

you can tell just by his IG activity, or lack their of that homie just fell back and its affected everything.

Work magic is an afterthought on the album.

:lol::rolleyes

better verse, more cohesive hook, buck in his prime as a feature, waaaaaaaay better beat.

none of that dreary dank clunky flow Banks.

then there's im so fly, till da end, etc.

00-dj_whoo_kid_and_lloyd_banks-best_of_banks_%252528pow_radio_vol._7%252529-bootleg-2007-front-ukp.jpg

this is da lloyd banks that everyone misses.

this new anti social dude is a shell of his former self flow wise... old banks flow had straight command of a beat.

its not even a contest.

Lmao yea I miss the old banks... Im just glad he still makes music... I bump his older material way more than his newer tapes.

Imo his flow has improved over the years.

The production on his new tapes is trash

Hunger for more still gets spins from me though

Why don't you say that you personally like his old flow better then? His song structure, subject matter, and bars have vastly improved over the last 15 years. I wouldn't say Fab is still flourishing either, he's the bigger "artist" mainstream but Banks surpassed him skills wise a long time ago

Also, Fabolous is still notable in the mainstream just cause he practically scrolls twitter then hops in the booth :lol: Banks is simply a super laid back dude at this point

naw b...not even close.

work magic alone beats that.

da irony is contrary to popular belief, banks has fallen off da face of da earth.

Yes, mainstream/popularity wise.

Last edited:
Not really, fab made numerous records for females. Banks had like 1.

Banks had a entire female base of fans just be being him Ala Dave East, same thing with Fabolous.

and i wanna get to know you was Banks doing his crooner look too.

I never knew any females outside of new York that were banks fans lol but I guess I'm wrong.

I don't think Banks had a chance once G-Unit as a label cooled off same as Tony Yayo, Young Buck etc.

Back
Top Bottom