The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by DimSum9

Is there a proper way to remove a program?
Drag and drop application in the trash. If software comes with an uninstaller, use that.
yngSIMBA...Does your brother have APP or within his first year of purchase of his MBP? If so, it could be covered to be fixed. Try resetting the SMC on the cpu and see if that solves the issue. 

APP? protection plan? i believe so, but ya it hasn't been a year yet
What's SMC, how do you reset it??
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3964

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

So imma be pulling the trigger on a "blackbook" and I have a couple questions.

From my understanding, it is dual core, and has 2GB of RAM. Is that enough to run Lion flawlessly? And if not, how much ram do I need? And how much does it usually cost to upgrade.

just installed lion on my blackbook with 2.5 gb ram and it runs it perfectly.  it just kind of sucks not having the multitouch functionality...

APP? protection plan? i believe so, but ya it hasn't been a year yet
What's SMC, how do you reset it??

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3964

Thanks, didn't work tho 
ohwell.gif

Guess I'll take it in and see what's up

Originally Posted by bjamez20

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

So imma be pulling the trigger on a "blackbook" and I have a couple questions.

From my understanding, it is dual core, and has 2GB of RAM. Is that enough to run Lion flawlessly? And if not, how much ram do I need? And how much does it usually cost to upgrade.

just installed lion on my blackbook with 2.5 gb ram and it runs it perfectly.  it just kind of sucks not having the multitouch functionality...
Thats what made me cop a pro. There's always the option for the wireless trackpad tho

anyone know when the next macbook pro is gonna release? just been waiting since it supposedly updates soon according to macrumors

yo i know this question has been asked plenty of times on here before, but what's the best photoshop program for Mac....and how much does it run?

Originally Posted by Retrosniipes

anyone know when the next macbook pro is gonna release? just been waiting since it supposedly updates soon according to macrumors

nobody knows. History points to a minor refresh sometime in Quarter 4 '11

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

2h8c0at.png
can you update me on where you got your icons, what app did u use to change them , and how did you change your task bar at the top to black?

Originally Posted by 8H2i9Frs

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72
can you update me on where you got your icons, what app did u use to change them , and how did you change your task bar at the top to black?
Ok here it goes:
The icons I got from DeviantArt.com The program I use to change them is candy bar. you can find it for "free" if you know how to look.

The black menu is the work of an app called Nocturne. Download version 2.00 and Youtube the tutorial for it.

and as a bonus, I get my HD wallpapers from wallbase.cc Pretty extensive selection on there.

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

yo i know this question has been asked plenty of times on here before, but what's the best photoshop program for Mac....and how much does it run?
for full featured, Photoshop CS5 is the way to go. retail is $650. As a student it could be had for around $100 to $200. There are other ways yet to get it for even cheaper/nothing
if you want the basics, use GIMP. It's freeware

2nqfitv.jpg
25rm554.jpg

the way the monitors are set up it looks seamless

also just removed the bum dvd drive from my blackbook, upgraded the ram, and installed lion. next step is to get an ssd

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked or if this is the wrong thread to post this in but for the past week NT has been looking like this for me (white background & text and avys bigger than usual) I'm using safari on my mbp btw
242h20n.jpg

has this happened to anyone else?

anyone know how i can get sound through my tv when i have my MBP (09) plugged into it. the display is working but i cant figure out how i can get sound through my tv. I have a 3.5mm to rca cable that im using to get sound. this is what i have http://tinyurl.com/4xvtkpw. When i go to the sound settings it says "headphones" and set the sound to external but it did not work. Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by melofan15

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked or if this is the wrong thread to post this in but for the past week NT has been looking like this for me (white background & text and avys bigger than usual) I'm using safari on my mbp btw
242h20n.jpg

has this happened to anyone else?
it happens. i think it has something to do with your cache. after a while or a refresh it goes back to the normal black/red. This usually happens to me when Yuku is having it's monthly issues

MAC EXPERTS I NEED YOUR HELP..
Im having trouble with my itunes.

I use Itunes to organize my music then I transfer it into my serato. My problem is occurring when Im editing the songs. What used to happen was as soon as I typed an "H" in the genre section, "HIP HOP" will automatically come up. It doesnt anymore. WHY? I have to type everything in.

The second problem Im having is that when Im done typing in the genre section, I usually hit tab to edit the album section. Now when I hit "TAB", instead of going to the next colum (album) it goes straight to the "SEARCH" feature to the top right hand.

Can someone please help me fix this. Thank you. It started happening when I updated my computer and my itunes. 

Also, when I use to log in onto certain sites, I was able to type in djaw before I can even finish my full email popped up. Now I have to typed everything in. I know for sure I didnt change anything in the settings. 

Originally Posted by djaward

MAC EXPERTS I NEED YOUR HELP..
Im having trouble with my itunes.

I use Itunes to organize my music then I transfer it into my serato. My problem is occurring when Im editing the songs. What used to happen was as soon as I typed an "H" in the genre section, "HIP HOP" will automatically come up. It doesnt anymore. WHY? I have to type everything in.

The second problem Im having is that when Im done typing in the genre section, I usually hit tab to edit the album section. Now when I hit "TAB", instead of going to the next colum (album) it goes straight to the "SEARCH" feature to the top right hand.

Can someone please help me fix this. Thank you. It started happening when I updated my computer and my itunes. 

Also, when I use to log in onto certain sites, I was able to type in djaw before I can even finish my full email popped up. Now I have to typed everything in. I know for sure I didnt change anything in the settings. 
did you have column browser view on when you did that? that and you being in the genre heading would explain why it used to do that. Under normal circumstances typing an H would give you a general search of every H in your library, wherther that be in the title, artist, or genre fields.  

the tab functionality changed in iTunes 10.4. Use control+7 to switch between tabbed areas

what browser are you using? that just seems like your keychain items need to be reset or whatever. It should do it on it's own. Chrome sometimes forgets that stuff when it's updated and it has to recache itself

Back
Top Bottom