The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by Juice man

Originally Posted by laflech44

mine felt underpowered. but i don't know if it was just overloaded with crap. at this point i don't really recommend it, but i mean it doesn't sound like a bad price. brand new?
Thanks. it's not brand new, found it on craigslist. They said it's an 09 model.

can't be. Apple hasnt made 2Ghz blackbooks since 2007
you are probably looking at this model:
http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook/stats/macbook-core-2-duo-2.0-black-13-specs.html

i would definately get it for that price if the hardware isnt in bad condition. you can actually max the ram to 4GB and it will run the latest OS X because it is a Core 2 Duo processor. Upgrade your ram and maybe get a speedier Hard Drive and enjoy. 

The tech is 'outdated' but will more than suffice for most of your needs. there are people using these computers every day without any problems. for that price you wont find a better computer.

Originally Posted by QuestLife

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

can't be. Apple hasnt made 2Ghz blackbooks since 2007
you are probably looking at this model:
http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook/stats/macbook-core-2-duo-2.0-black-13-specs.html

i would definately get it for that price if the hardware isnt in bad condition. you can actually max the ram to 4GB and it will run the latest OS X because it is a Core 2 Duo processor. Upgrade your ram and maybe get a speedier Hard Drive and enjoy. 

The tech is 'outdated' but will more than suffice for most of your needs. there are people using these computers every day without any problems. for that price you wont find a better computer.

I had a late 06 macbook with a 1.83ghz processor and it still ran smooth with 2gb of ram. 3 or 4gb and you should be good. You are probably gonna need a new battery if the seller never replaced the stock one tho, so be aware of that.

could ask him to use coconut battery or whatever it is to show you those stats. i just know my white one was running very slow. could've been a personal problem though. battery was pretty shot too - only held like 75% charge
with that said, it was usable, but very frustrating at times. 

Just got my 27 inch iMac hooked up 
pimp.gif
So awesome compared to my 13 inch macbook that is 4 years old.  Time to look through the thread to see what I need to get.

Thanks y'all. I already have a newer pc. I was just interested in "trading sides" so to speak. But I guess i'll keep looking around and try to get something newer. But thanks for all the input and at that price, I may just copp anyway.

So I'm having trouble logging into gmail and ebay and I can't get grooveshark or pandora to load. I'm using Safari. I cleared the pandora cookie and it's still not loading. NTers are saying I have a virus.

Any insight or recommendations on Safari help/virus scanner?

Thanx...

Originally Posted by WilderShoe

Just got my 27 inch iMac hooked up 
pimp.gif
So awesome compared to my 13 inch macbook that is 4 years old.  Time to look through the thread to see what I need to get.
Welcome to the club 
pimp.gif

I've been hearing a good amount of people complain of Lion and I haven't seen one problem since upgrading to Lion. Pretty odd.

I got the price down to $325. Still wondering if I should pick it up or just save up a little more for a newer years model.

mine felt underpowered. but i don't know if it was just overloaded with crap. at this point i don't really recommend it, but i mean it doesn't sound like a bad price. brand new?

i still think 325 is too much.  ive got the newer version (2.2 ghz, 2.5 gb ram, running lion) and i've been trying to unload it for 350 with no takers

Anyone have the new 11" Macbook Air? If so, how do you like them? I'm tempted to get one, but I already have a 27" iMac, I think i'm just being greedy. Sucks, that you can't upgrade any of the parts either.

Originally Posted by bjamez20

i still think 325 is too much.  ive got the newer version (2.2 ghz, 2.5 gb ram, running lion) and i've been trying to unload it for 350 with no takers
I posted a few pages back about my trade in with best buy. I got over $500 from them with less specs. I would look into that if I were you

Originally Posted by smoooth

is there anywhere i can get the lion x os for free?
bruh its only $30

but if u may know there is nowhere you can get it for free besides torrenting it
tired.gif

Originally Posted by bjamez20

PM me.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Anyone have the new 11" Macbook Air? If so, how do you like them? I'm tempted to get one, but I already have a 27" iMac, I think i'm just being greedy. Sucks, that you can't upgrade any of the parts either.
I have the 13" new macbook air & its great.
Keep in mind it doesn't have the physical drive OR the power of my macbook BUT if you need something on the go it's cake.
When i'm in our apartment & I need to do some website work I remote into my iMac in the network & do all the work there, zero lag or anything.  I don't want to clutter it up with app's/progs & don't use it to sync media or anything 

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by J SUPER

i just copped a mbp
any help on customizing my dock and icons would be appreciated

If you upgrade to lion ( or already have it, just leave browser on it & launchpad... super clean & access to all your apps

im sure this question was already asked but there are too many pages to look through. What kind of music apps or programs do you use to listen to your music? I always see some kind of little cool music payer on the side of your screen shots. Please list a few?

Originally Posted by Exclusive0ne

im sure this question was already asked but there are too many pages to look through. What kind of music apps or programs do you use to listen to your music? I always see some kind of little cool music payer on the side of your screen shots. Please list a few?

Itunes has one built into it
click the + in the top left corner  & it changes to a smaller little player

good looks bro but do you know any of the ones that show the album cover? one of my friends told me to mess with the plug ins and i have no idea what shes talking about.

good looks bro but do you know any of the ones that show the album cover? one of my friends told me to mess with the plug ins and i have no idea what shes talking about.

If you want crazy players there are tons on the internet.
If you search itunes plugins or "whatever application" plugins sometimes apple or 3rd party companies give you plugs for additional options
Keep in mind if you go with a 3rd party app you run the risk of letting in something that could be potentially harmful
nerd.gif

Quick question: If I was planning to take that expanded battery in today, I don't need to bring my actual MBP right? I'm trying to see if they'll replace it for free.

Originally Posted by Type X

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

I have the 13" new macbook air & its great.
Keep in mind it doesn't have the physical drive OR the power of my macbook BUT if you need something on the go it's cake.
When i'm in our apartment & I need to do some website work I remote into my iMac in the network & do all the work there, zero lag or anything.  I don't want to clutter it up with app's/progs & don't use it to sync media or anything 

nerd.gif

the new Air is actually more powerful than any non pro macbook Apple has made, if im not mistaken. The i5 processors are FTW

Originally Posted by J SUPER

i just copped a mbp
any help on customizing my dock and icons would be appreciated

Candybar

Bowtie

anyone else having problems when facetime, with the other person not hearing at all? on a mbp

Back
Top Bottom