The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

What methods do you guys use to convert media from youtube to itunes? The site I use is cool but the audio sucks.

Originally Posted by hellaones

What methods do you guys use to convert media from youtube to itunes? The site I use is cool but the audio sucks.

Do you use firefox?
Search for an addon called youtube2mp3.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

any word on when new mbp's will be coming out?

next february-april... we just got new ones
yessir.. new ones released maybe 2-3 weeks ago I believe... I know I purchased mine about a week ago... 

finally got my macbook 15 2011 from amazon and lets just say I'm mind blown when comparing to windows... I'm still waiting on my keyboard protector and case from amazon... my only complain is my battery sucks on lion which it came preinstalled... i googled it and a lot of people are going through the same thing that the battery sucks on lion but is good on snow leopard... besides downgrading to snow leopard which i choose not to do is there anyway to make the battery last longer on lion? i can only get like 4 hours plus on my battery instead of the standard 7 plus 
30t6p3b.gif

So my charger just died. Quick question I go to Apples website and find this one

http://store.apple.com/us/reviews/MC461LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDEwMQ&mco=MTcwNzY0MTc&rs=newest

Anyone know if this is the MC561lla or MA538LL/A? Or other? Only reason I ask is because the reviews on Apples site are so negitive. I checked amazon an the prices there seen to be half as much. Anyone reccommend or not reccommend buy a new one for amazon. Price isn't that big of a deal. 

Originally Posted by you go boy

finally got my macbook 15 2011 from amazon and lets just say I'm mind blown when comparing to windows... I'm still waiting on my keyboard protector and case from amazon... my only complain is my battery sucks on lion which it came preinstalled... i googled it and a lot of people are going through the same thing that the battery sucks on lion but is good on snow leopard... besides downgrading to snow leopard which i choose not to do is there anyway to make the battery last longer on lion? i can only get like 4 hours plus on my battery instead of the standard 7 plus 
30t6p3b.gif
screen brightness, keyboard brightness, fan speed, apps being run are all factors
i can get 7 hours easy on medium screen, low keyboard on firefox and itunes only

Originally Posted by LB510

So my charger just died. Quick question I go to Apples website and find this one

http://store.apple.com/us/reviews/MC461LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDEwMQ&mco=MTcwNzY0MTc&rs=newest

Anyone know if this is the MC561lla or MA538LL/A? Or other? Only reason I ask is because the reviews on Apples site are so negitive. I checked amazon an the prices there seen to be half as much. Anyone reccommend or not reccommend buy a new one for amazon. Price isn't that big of a deal. 

If you have a 13' macbook you'll need a 60 Watts.
How long you had the charger and do you have apple care? cause apple can replace for free if you still under warranty or have applecare on your macbook

I only recommend genuine macbook parts, just find a legit one for least amount you can, but don't buy some generic brand you'll bring risk to your macbook going bad or some freak accident.

Originally Posted by vprbullet

any word on when new mbp's will be coming out?

yessir.. new ones released maybe 2-3 weeks ago I believe... I know I purchased mine about a week ago... 

cool i'm looking to cop and would hate to have something new come out a week later

^ I know that a lot of people seem to have issues with the 60 watts one on apples site( I'm not sure what model # that one is) there are a few different 60 watt charger on amazon. I'm wondering does it really matter which one I get.

Originally Posted by vprbullet

cool i'm looking to cop and would hate to have something new come out a week later
Well it depends if by "new" you mean a general refresh or a complete redesign.  While there was a refresh not too long ago (month or so I think??), they simply upgraded the processors to the new v2 i5 and i7 core intel sandybridges, added the thundercock port or whatever it is, and maybe a few other minor upgrades.  
Now I'm also in the market for a new mbp as well, but think I'll wait a bit simply because rumor has it (i'd say with 99% certainty) that the next mbp upgrade coming Q1/Q2 of 2012 will be a redesign, rather than a simple refresh.  Think of how substantial the redesign was from the 2007 macbook/mbp to the 2008 mbp lineup.  Then again, if you're always waiting for the new model to come out, you'll stay waiting forever 
eyes.gif

I picked up this macbook of mine in late 2007 RIGHT before the redesign, and I was heated like no other.
mad.gif

Make the same mistake again, I will not. 
nerd.gif

Picked up one of the new 15 mbp and still getting used to the transition from windows. I was thinking of waiting but got too good of a deal from that amazon kindle deal. interested to see what the new redesign will be.

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

I don't know if its in here but what's the differences with the screens/display   (glossy, hi-res glossy, and hi-res antiglare) and which is the best one??
glossy - glossy screen...makes the colors more vibrant and "wet", blacks are darker but the screen is also pretty reflective so in bright environments you can see yourself or other reflections
hi-res glossy - instead of the standard 1440x900 resolution on the 15" you get 1680x1050 which gives you more real estate and sharper images.  Some text is smaller which can be difficult for some to read.

hi res anti glare - same resolution as above with an anti-glare or matte screen.  less reflection in bright environments and the colors are more true. however the blacks look washed out

i would definitely go with a hi-res screen as for glossy or anti-glare its entirely preference.  ive had both a 17" antiglare and a 15" glossy and cant say one was better than the other

current macbook pros came out in feb not 2-3 weeks ago.  current product cycle timelines indicate feb 2012 for the next update.  as for materials i doubt theyll use carbon fiber.  rumors also indicate they'll use "liquid metal" but they are just that..rumors

Originally Posted by reener

anyone else having problems when facetime, with the other person not hearing at all? on a mbp

when you are on FaceTime you have to go to the toolbar and select video and make sure you are you using the internal microphone

What are some good apps or programs? I'm running google chrome. black macbook, I dont know much about it..

First Time Mac Owner as of two weeks ago

Specs:

2.2GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200
8x Double-Layer SuperDrive
MBP 15"HR Antiglare WS Display

Still SMH at myself,constantly making fun of Mac owners...in awe that I can restart and everything is up and running in under a minute.

Purchased a Western Digital WD Scorpio Black 750 GB internal Hard Drive so I can take all my music off my external.I know the removal and install is pretty easy,but do I need to make a "boot disc" (newbie)??? or do I need a MAC OS disc once I install the new HD?

finally upgraded my new MBP 15' to 8gb of ram... glad i did for the price i paid... now i want to either get a external harddrive or upgrade and get a bigger internal!....

Back
Top Bottom