The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

I've had this iTunes 12.1 update fail on me like 5 times. Anyone else have the same problem?

Apple's 1yr warranty expired yesterday.
Has anyone had luck on getting Apple Care after the 1 yr expired??

What Wi-fi routers is everyone using? I'm moving to a new apartment and decided not to depend on Comcast's modem/wireless router.

I was thinking about getting an ASUS RT-N66U.

when is the new update macbook pro coming out? in need of a laptop, wasn't sure if i should wait for the new update or i should just go ahead and buy one now.

My late 2011 MBP has been all kinds of messed up recently

Just crashes (blue screen, grey screen) when I open apps and stuff. Think it might be something with how much ram I'm using idk. And then it takes FOREVER to get it working again. Just stuck on a grey screen after booting. Sometimes take a half hour on turning on and off to get to my login page.

Gonna try and wait it out til a new update but it's becoming a bit unbearable :lol:

My late 2011 MBP has been all kinds of messed up recently

Just crashes (blue screen, grey screen) when I open apps and stuff. Think it might be something with how much ram I'm using idk. And then it takes FOREVER to get it working again. Just stuck on a grey screen after booting. Sometimes take a half hour on turning on and off to get to my login page.

Gonna try and wait it out til a new update but it's becoming a bit unbearable
laugh.gif
How much RAM do you have on the MBP and HD space? Everything up to date (I'm assuming it is). If so, I'd try a SMC and PRAM reset. That tends to help most of the time.
Any tips to increase start up speed
Go into System Preferences and select your Login user....Check to see what programs are running at start up. If there are unnecessary programs you don't need to start automatically, uncheck them.

I'm thinking about changing my harddrive to a SSD.  I don't have the money to buy a new a mac and this is the cheapest alternative to improving my mid 2012 mac.  I was going to just increase the RAM but debating on wether to just do both.

get a SSD

I'm thinking about changing my harddrive to a SSD.  I don't have the money to buy a new a mac and this is the cheapest alternative to improving my mid 2012 mac.  I was going to just increase the RAM but debating on wether to just do both.
i would do both. I have a early 2011 MBP and last year i installed a SSD and replaced my optical drive with my old HDD. Upgraded my RAM to 8gb and my computer has been beastly ever since :nthat:

get a SSD

i would do both. I have a early 2011 MBP and last year i installed a SSD and replaced my optical drive with my old HDD. Upgraded my RAM to 8gb and my computer has been beastly ever since :nthat:

I got the same year MBP as you. Where did you get your SSD from? I already got 8gb of ram but was also thinking about upgrading the hard drive.

As long as you have the screwdrivers to get into everything, it's pretty easy to do it yourself. Just be careful when removing the ribbon cable going to the HDD and optical drive.

Follow the guide from ifixit.com and you should be ok.

get a SSD

I got the same year MBP as you. Where did you get your SSD from? I already got 8gb of ram but was also thinking about upgrading the hard drive.
i have the Samsung 840 Pro 256gb SSD. Bought it from Newegg

Last edited:
2013 MBA wont start up. Took it to the Apple store and they said I needed a new logic board. Gonna set me back about $280 :smh:

Just copped a mint late 2012 MBA (i5 , 4GB RAM, 256SSD) for a cool $600. Any suggestions on must have apps and programs ?

On the left side of a MBP 2012 there's this small little button that when you press so few green lights on the side light up. What exactly does that mean. You usually have to hold it for a few seconds.

On the left side of a MBP 2012 there's this small little button that when you press so few green lights on the side light up. What exactly does that mean. You usually have to hold it for a few seconds.
Shows you how much battery life you have

5 lights = full

1 light = about to die

I just got approved for $1,500 for Apple's financing program. 

I'm in desperate need of a new MacBook. I'm currently rocking a mid-09 MBP, but this thing is beat.

I've been looking at the 13" MBA but I've been hearing that there's something going on at the end of this month that may reveal a refresh. I wish they would drop the retina MBA already ( if it exists ) but I don't think I can wait that long as I need one ASAP for my new job. These mockups of the new MBA look pretty sleek though. 
pimp.gif

How much RAM do you have on the MBP and HD space? Everything up to date (I'm assuming it is). If so, I'd try a SMC and PRAM reset. That tends to help most of the time.
4GB ram and I replaced the HD with an SSD a couple years ago

Tried the SMC and PRAM reset but still having the same issues. Random crashes at times when opening apps or going to more intense websites. Guess I'll just wait for a new MBP release.

Back
Top Bottom