The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

How much is a MacBook Pro worth?

Version: 10.10.2
Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Does Iphoto not work anymore? Just updated my software and it's telling me that iphoto is no longer available on the app store. Did photo's take it's place?

Does Iphoto not work anymore? Just updated my software and it's telling me that iphoto is no longer available on the app store. Did photo's take it's place?

You can still access and open iPhoto, but I believe they tried to consolidate everything into Photos.

You can still access and open iPhoto, but I believe they tried to consolidate everything into Photos.

Everytime I click on iphoto I get this error

^^ I get the same error, makes me mad because I just uploaded my wedding pics on iPhoto then all of a sudden I can't view them anymore. I ended up just storing them on iCloud and using preview to view them but it sucks, not as smooth as iPhoto.

The first time you open Photos it will import your iPhoto and Aperture (if you were running that) libraries and merge them. I don't mind Photos for light editing, but if you've got a giant library it can be kind of cumbersome.

Tips for preserving the lifetime of batteries? (I own a 09 MBP) I think I've replaced my battery out at least once and probably will need to service it sometime soon again.

Do a full drain at least once a month.

Thanks, I usually calibrate it like you said once a month. I was wondering if overcharging the battery is possible? For example, when I work at home and leave it fully charged for extended amounts of time.

I dropped my old black MB a few months back and lost everything I had on it. I recently got a new Macbook Air. My question is, how can I add new music to my phone? I've spent some time messing around with this but can't figure it out for the life of me. Only songs bought via iTunes are synced into the new library? I downloaded some mixtapes I want to add to my iPhone, but it's not allowing me to. I can't figure this out, any help would be appreciated.

Just plug your phone into the computer and sync the music from your iTunes onto the phone. Not sure if this is what you mean?

Just plug your phone into the computer and sync the music from your iTunes onto the phone. Not sure if this is what you mean?
I have a brand new computer. I wasn't able to recover any of the data from my old iTunes library (the one to which my phone is actually synced with). When I connect my phone to the new computer, it only syncs the stuff I bought from the iTunes Store, but I have over 3000 other songs that I have from CDs, downloading mixtapes, etc. Seems like it's not possible to get those songs (not purchased from iTunes Store) into the new library and vice versa, which sucks. I think I may have to find an alternative for iTunes

I have a brand new computer. I wasn't able to recover any of the data from my old iTunes library (the one to which my phone is actually synced with). When I connect my phone to the new computer, it only syncs the stuff I bought from the iTunes Store, but I have over 3000 other songs that I have from CDs, downloading mixtapes, etc. Seems like it's not possible to get those songs (not purchased from iTunes Store) into the new library and vice versa, which sucks. I think I may have to find an alternative for iTunes
You can't select the other downloaded files and drag them into iTunes? I have like 5000 songs in my library, and only about 30 of those purchased from iTunes. For the stuff I download I just goto the folder and drag the files into the iTunes window.

Last edited:

Have you tried authorizing your phone to the new computer? I think you should be able to drag and drop from phone to itunes once you authorize the phone and the itunes.

Anyone here try the duet app making your iPad a second screen for your MacBook? Have a '15 retina 13 and a retina iPad mini wondering if it's worth the $15 for it.

Anyone here try the duet app making your iPad a second screen for your MacBook? Have a '15 retina 13 and a retina iPad mini wondering if it's worth the $15 for it.

This is real?

I need two screens for when I work from home this would help so much :lol:

Update on that 2008 white MacBook I got from my girl.

Dropped a solid state and new RAM in and it's running pretty well.

Should last me another 2 years or so.

This is real?

I need two screens for when I work from home this would help so much
laugh.gif
When I had an iPad, I had one of these apps and it works pretty good. Shocked you guys hadn't heard of it before
laugh.gif

I didn't use Duet though. I used Air Display. It can work with iOS/Android/Mac/Windows

https://avatron.com/get-air-display/

Thinking about buying that new Macbook, but my late 2012 Pro is a tank.

I'll probably wait it out until the 2nd gen

Last edited:
Thinking about buying that new Macbook, but my late 2012 Pro is a tank.

I'll probably wait it out until the 2nd gen
should i sell my iphone 6 and go back to my iphone 5? seems like a waste but i am not a fan of how big the 6 is and the rounded edges don't appeal to me. at the same time i don't want my 5 dying on me and i know this is the last chance i can get to flip my 5 for 150 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom