The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

when did they make a pencil 
laugh.gif

there shouldnt be any hardware this conference should be only software related

siri is pointless i never use her. but when i do decide to use her the always tries to search the web. which is really annoying. this keynote is very stale

MacOS is [emoji]128293[/emoji]

Universal clipboard will be used everyday by me.

A lot of great features. Not too wowed by Apple Watch or iOS, but their integration with the actual macOS is great.

Ready for a gold MBP with Siri and uni clipboard, and universal desktops :wow:

Wow.. Pretty impressed with what Apple brought today.

Esp. the new messaging app..

I was catching up on Game of Thrones yesterday at work but coupled with the dirty/fingerprinted screen and glare it was getting hard to watch on the dark scenes. So I grabbed some Windex and a paper towel and this happened.

Those marks in the top right corner of the screen are spots where I guess some sort of coating was rubbed off. It looks terrible. I didn't even scrub hard or for long. Maybe 15 seconds at most. Why couldn't I just wait until I got home to clean it with a screen cleaner and microfiber cloth?
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

Anyone have any experience with Apple for something like this being repaired? I honestly don't even know if it can be repaired. It's still under the 1 year warranty if that makes a difference.
Never use windex to clean a computer screen. Just invest in some computer screen spray or something.

Anyways, this is a known issue with the MBP Retina models. Apple will replace the screen for free for the Pros. But since yours is just a Macbook IDK if Apple will cover that model. Worth checking out at apple tho.

Universal copy/paste

Apple Pay on your Mac

Unlocking your Mac with your Apple Watch 

Those were the main things that I liked

Making reservations through OpenTable and booking Uber all right in Apple Maps is slick too

I can't front, the other stuff are just features to try and pry me from Google which I can't see happening.

Moments - I already get those "this day last year" or compilation albums from taking pics at an event through the Google Photo Assistant

Apple iCloud Drive - I already pay for 100gb of Google Drive space, so I can't see myself paying for iCloud space as well. 

- The only thing about this is that I could store backups of my phone and iPad Pro here since I never back them up and would have to start over is something ever happened                                  to them. 

With the 1440 resolution screen prices dropping and 4k monitors out more , I have been itching to finally upgrade from my 2011 MBP to utilize the upgraded graphics. Just not sure when to go about doing it. 

I was catching up on Game of Thrones yesterday at work but coupled with the dirty/fingerprinted screen and glare it was getting hard to watch on the dark scenes. So I grabbed some Windex and a paper towel and this happened.

Those marks in the top right corner of the screen are spots where I guess some sort of coating was rubbed off. It looks terrible. I didn't even scrub hard or for long. Maybe 15 seconds at most. Why couldn't I just wait until I got home to clean it with a screen cleaner and microfiber cloth? :smh: :smh: :smh:

Anyone have any experience with Apple for something like this being repaired? I honestly don't even know if it can be repaired. It's still under the 1 year warranty if that makes a difference.

Never use windex to clean a computer screen. Just invest in some computer screen spray or something.

Anyways, this is a known issue with the MBP Retina models. Apple will replace the screen for free for the Pros. But since yours is just a Macbook IDK if Apple will cover that model. Worth checking out at apple tho.
Word I never use Windex. I have Monster screen cleaner and a microfiber cloth at home but I was annoyed at work and those were my only options. Thanks for the info though, I'll see if I can get to the Apple Store some time next week.

Last edited:
stupid question.

why do ppl run two monitors?

and im on some trash compared to y'all.

MBA 11 in, mid-2013.

1.3 GHz, 4 GB ...

I really wish I could upgrade to 8 GB ... it's not bad though. considering i don't do anything crazy. and I only paid $500 on CL two years ago.

stupid question.

why do ppl run two monitors?

and im on some trash compared to y'all.

MBA 11 in, mid-2013.

1.3 GHz, 4 GB ...

I really wish I could upgrade to 8 GB ... it's not bad though. considering i don't do anything crazy. and I only paid $500 on CL two years ago.

Multi-tasking fam. Working on a project, nothing like actually working on one and doing some research on the other.

Or two full-screen videos of your favorite actress or actresses.

Both win-win situations. 
laugh.gif

I need to get a 2 monitor set up. One to watch movies/browse and the other to edit photos :smokin

Multi-tasking fam. Working on a project, nothing like actually working on one and doing some research on the other.

Or two full-screen videos of your favorite actress or actresses.

Both win-win situations. :lol:  

yup I have 3 monitors and low key was thinking about adding a 4th (2 external and 15 in mbp currently)

I know it was wishful thinking but i really wanted them to drop some new MacBooks info :frown:
Need an upgrade in the worst way and I've been waiting. Cant wait till September/Fall.

Last edited:
I know it was wishful thinking but i really wanted them to drop some new MacBooks info :frown:
Need an upgrade in the worst way and I've been waiting. Cant wait till September/Fall.

didn't new MBPs drop 2015 or 2014? I have a 2015 one imo I`d just say if the new ones drop then cop a 2015 refurb for the low. I dont see anything they could really change on the MBP outside of internal bumps.

New MacBooks last came out in March of 2015. So its been 15 Months. Was thinking of getting the 2015 for the low but with the rumored Hardware/Design updates it may be best to wait.

New MacBooks last came out in March of 2015. So its been 15 Months. Was thinking of getting the 2015 for the low but with the rumored Hardware/Design updates it may be best to wait.

idk maybe they will integrate touch id into the trackpad or somewhere since mac os has apple pay

Back
Top Bottom