The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Just upgraded the memory on my macbook pro mid 2009 from 4gb to 8gb and I can totally see the difference! 

After seeing @PRIME setup, I had to go cop an UW. Excuse the mess, I just wanted to get the monitor turned on :lol:

PRIME you ever have any problems running 2560x1080? Mainly getting tired of it? I wanted a 3440x1440, but I would of had to make too many upgrades. Windows video card and I believe the mac mini late 2012 can't run the resolution. I wanted to future proof it, but this monitor went on sale on Prime Day and all my current hardware could run it no problem.

So the mac mini works with any display?

And can i use my 4gs of ram i took out my macbook pro mid 2009 and put it in a macbook 2008 that is currently running off of 2gs? Will that upgrade the speed and laggyness a little bit?

So the mac mini works with any display?

And can i use my 4gs of ram i took out my macbook pro mid 2009 and put it in a macbook 2008 that is currently running off of 2gs? Will that upgrade the speed and laggyness a little bit?

Depends what year mac mini? My Late 2012 will be different than that of the 2014.

To answer your ram question, I am not sure. As long as the slots are similar, it should work. Upgrading the speed, not so sure. Itll help you run more applications at one time though.

Depends what year mac mini? My Late 2012 will be different than that of the 2014.

To answer your ram question, I am not sure. As long as the slots are similar, it should work. Upgrading the speed, not so sure. Itll help you run more applications at one time though.
Thanks I'm a give it a try and see what happens

I need to replace my MacBook pro (2011/ A1278)  hard drive and battery. I was going to go through apple but they wanted 400 to replace both, saw a couple options on amazon that I was interested in buying. Any recommendations where to purchase after market HD/Battery?

Yeah, I know. I'm going to be buying a MBP real soon and feel the moment I purchase it, Apple will release an update.

Apparently they're coming in Fall. So the wait isn't that much longer. I could buy one now but I'm holding off until then.

I need to replace my MacBook pro (2011/ A1278)  hard drive and battery. I was going to go through apple but they wanted 400 to replace both, saw a couple options on amazon that I was interested in buying. Any recommendations where to purchase after market HD/Battery?

I've had a Seagate hybrid drive in a 2008 MacBook for about 5 years and it's still kickin granted I don't use that machine that much anymore

Just put a 960gb ssd in my early macbook pro 2011 and that thing is quick. It feels like I got a new joint

What would be the easiest way to transfer all the files from regular hard drive to an SSD?

its actually easier than you think...connect your ssd to your mac using this cable

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Oyen-Digi...Hard-Drive-Solid-State-Drive-Adapter/51053216

download super duper which is free and use that app to format your new ssd... than transfer your data from your mac to you ssd which will take a minute depending on how many files you got... then you can swap your hdd with your new ssd...

i used this guys video to help me with the ssd

So breakdown USB-C. With Macbooks using USB-C ports now how will I be able to connect my iPod and my external HD (both USB 3.0)? even my iPhone 6.

Last edited:
restarted chrome today and now it looks different.. re-installed and it still looks different. did they update/change the UI?

I actually like the change/update, much cleaner IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom