The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

Guess they have to cut back somehow

somehow huh?

shouldnt 'somehow' start with the people directly responsible for this?

how is it that congress gets to vote on their own raises? do you get to vote on you getting a raise?

if im not mistaken arent members of congress, the president and his cabinet pretty well off people?

theres no way in hell congress should be allowed to take 6 day recesses during important negotiations as important as this.

hey, you want to cut my pay by 16 hours per pay period? cool. im with you, congress the president and his staff's pay should be cut too

Any information on the post 9/11 G.I. Bill. Was trying to decide if I should use it now or just try to get financial aid.

minimum is 4 years... smh if you didnt know that dont even join.. and its dumb u shouldve enlist before you went to school... not the way you doing it.. u losing though if you go to the military... its nothing in it for you i dont understand how people say they wanna fight for the country and ****... but truth is that wth yall fighting for?? for government money, oil and propaganda.... just a puppet for the big man agendas

negative... 2 years minimum for enlisted. I know 3 people that got that kind of contract in the Army. Also, I believe its 3 years minimum for officers.

Got the best news on Tuesday.I got chosen for a GS-9 position over in Mountain View, CA. Knew my time in the military (4 years) would amount to something! :D

I'll be a Information Systems Administrator/Customer Support Technician. Should be fun! 8)

VERY smart man.

2210? or 0335?

either way, smart of you to get out early to make that civilian bread. i did the same.

right now im looking to get my A+, Security+, and Network+ with my Post 9/11 GI Bill.

hopefully ill have it be the end of summer.

I know it's hard to say but how much time do you think i'll have to myself to pursue a few certification programs while i'm in the AF? The job i got i should be getting my A+ and Network+ certifications as well as a TS clearance but i wanted to pursue the Cisco CCNA certification program just to be that much more marketable to employers once i get out. I just wanna know how much time i'll have to myself to pursue something like this if at all.

I know it's hard to say but how much time do you think i'll have to myself to pursue a few certification programs while i'm in the AF? The job i got i should be getting my A+ and Network+ certifications as well as a TS clearance but i wanted to pursue the Cisco CCNA certification program just to be that much more marketable to employers once i get out. I just wanna know how much time i'll have to myself to pursue something like this if at all.

if you do one of those boot camp style computer schools you'll have plenty of time.

those types of computer schools typically offer compressed courses where you're in school 6-9 hours a day over a period of a few days to a few weeks.

in order to do that you'll need to go on vacation.

as far as seeking the traditional college/certification route, you typically wont be allowed to attend any outside school until you recieve your 5 level ( about a year on the job after tech school)

after you get your 5 level it should be easy but it all depends on your base and workload

if you do one of those boot camp style computer schools you'll have plenty of time.

those types of computer schools typically offer compressed courses where you're in school 6-9 hours a day over a period of a few days to a few weeks.

in order to do that you'll need to go on vacation.

as far as seeking the traditional college/certification route, you typically wont be allowed to attend any outside school until you recieve your 5 level ( about a year on the job after tech school)

after you get your 5 level it should be easy but it all depends on your base and workload

Got it, thank you sir.

so they made a new AFSC called Special Missions Aviation 1A9X1, basically an aerial gunner, flight engineer and loadmaster rolled into one AFSC and my retrain window is coming up hoping i can get a spot

so they made a new AFSC called Special Missions Aviation 1A9X1, basically an aerial gunner, flight engineer and loadmaster rolled into one AFSC and my retrain window is coming up hoping i can get a spot

thats dope, thats exactly what I wanted to do when I was considering the Air Force.

Hopefully I can get into Warrant Officer school so I can be a pilot...but I'm terrified of the helo dunker

VERY smart man.

2210? or 0335?

either way, smart of you to get out early to make that civilian bread. i did the same.

right now im looking to get my A+, Security+, and Network+ with my Post 9/11 GI Bill.

hopefully ill have it be the end of summer.

Seasoned Vet: 2210!

I just got my letter today in my email. It is awesome man. I am currently working as a contractor on Fort Jackson but was really lucky to land this job. It is all about being persistent when planning on leaving the military. Persistence and doing your homework. The interview I got for the job was about 45 minutes. The best part? I am going back to where it all started for me when I joined in 2009 and it brings me closer to my family who are already living back in the Bay.

All about locality pay and cola! :smile:

does anybody else get why this is hilarious? :rofl:

between that, and the wife's tattoo, this picture had me dying

this one too

....okay, wheres the jokes?

one ribbon?

Navy Times? Marine Times?

I got it off F'n Boot. I guess the comments made it funnier, because it was a bunch of guys with similar perspective.

The one ribbon thing is hilarious, because you get your stupid ketchup stain in bootcamp. You get your second ribbon after 160 days in the fleet. If you pick up Corporal after being in less than 160 days, then there is something wrong. Corporals with 2 ribbons will just get :stoneface: 'ed more often than not. E-4 in the Marine Corps is a big deal, and holds some pretty big leadership billets

Last edited:
Anyone have any info on TA being reinstated? I'm currently using the grant that CTC offered for one free class.

Back
Top Bottom