The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does the cutoff have to be 1985 though
eyes.gif
cutoff should actually be lower. no dudes under 10 can watch the game and understand what they are watching. im 83 and i only was able to watch out of prime mj when he came back from retirement. 

Last edited:
IMO his game will age just fine. In theory it won't due to his style of play and lack of shooting, but he's unlike anything we've ever seen, so we really don't know.

People consistently talk about his game not aging well, or that he's declining, (which he for sure is) but he never gets hurt and is a genetic rarity. Next year will be his 14th season in the league man, If his game is going to fall as he gets older I gotta see it to truly believe it. In his 13th season he ran 19 mph to block that iggy joint man. He's still beyond elite athletically. 

I hope you are right. I just feel like his next injury could be one that takes a more than usual toll on him. He's got so many miles on him, carrying teams each and every season. I think when he breaks down, he's going to REALLY break down. Similar to Kobe.

Here's to hoping we're not robbed of a couple more years out of LBJ. I'd like to see him play well by the time he reaches 38

Kobe avg 15-4-4 in the first championship. Shot 36% from the field and 20% from 3. Yet people use that championship ring as a reason why he shouldbe consideree better than LeBron. :lol:

What does that have to do with him shooting poorly in game 7 yet doing other things? It was just an interesting juxtaposition seeing as how Kobe was trashed for shooting bad and still winning and that everyone else Artest and Pau saved him.

I was speaking in regards to perception, which I think is what your post was about. Had he lost, he would be getting killed. Even if he dropped 40. If you win, you can shoot 30% and be called great. That's why rings should never be near the top of the of the list of reasons why you consider a player the best.

Players get more credit for playing poorly and winning than they do for playing great and losing. If they do their part, how can you blame them? If they don't do their part and win, how can you give them so much credit? Lebron had a bad shooting night but had an all-around great game.

Do you not agree that LeBron hd a better game than Kobe did in 2010? Maybe if Bron didn't have a triple double and a game-saving block I would agree but I don't think he played as poorly as Kobe did in that series.

Last edited:

cutoff should actually be lower. no dudes under 10 can watch the game and understand what they are watching. im 83 and i only was able to watch out of prime mj when he came back from retirement. 
83 Here.

I was going to say 81 honestly because I know I didn't get to TRULY understand it all for all of his glory

I was born in 93', so take my opinion on it w/a grain of salt.

But MJ came along at the perfect time. Was ahead of his time from a pure basketball skill standpoint, and when you take into account everything surrounding he and the bulls, it was the perfect storm that allowed him to essentially put a monopoly on the NBA that still lingers to this day.

When you factor in accomplishments, rings, aura, mystique, no one will ever surpass Michael Jordan and if they do, it won't be because of their accomplishments. No  one will ever be 6 for 6 in the finals, or have 6 finals mvps, etc.

I tried to at least give people time to be able to EXPERIENCE Jordan :lol:

You gave more than a fair cut off time.

These young kids don't like it.

Just like I can't comment on Russell, Wilt, Oscar. Wasnt around when they played, so i won't comment about them because of "highlights."

You dont know what you're really watching at the age of 10. My son and his boys watch Curry and legit think he's the greatest player of all time. They make fun of my son for wearing Jordans.

Last edited:
I was speaking in regards to perception, which I think is what your post was about. Had he lost, he would be getting killed. Even if he dropped 40. If you win, you can shoot 30% and be called great. That's why rings should never be near the top of the of the list of reasons why you consider a player the best.

Players get more credit for playing poorly and winning than they do for playing great and losing. If they do their part, how can you blame them? If they don't do their part and win, how can you give them so much credit? Lebron had a bad shooting night but had an all-around great game.

Do you not agree that LeBron hd a better game than Kobe did in 2010? Maybe if Bron didn't have a triple double and a game-saving block I would agree but I don't think he played as poorly as Kobe did last week.

Amen. Rings are overrated. 3 rings is 3 rings. You dont need 5 to be considered at the level, or beyond, someone who has 5 rings. Thats ridiculous to me.

Amen. Rings are overrated. 3 rings is 3 rings. You dont need 5 to be considered at the level, or beyond, someone who has 5 rings. Thats ridiculous to me.
im starting to agree with this opinion more and more. just like stats dont say everything , rings dont say everything either. a lot of different things go into judging players. 

Lebrons never had a SERIOUS injury and hopefully he doesnt. Its amazing how his body with the athleticism he has is holding up.

Do you not agree that LeBron hd a better game than Kobe did in 2010? Maybe if Bron didn't have a triple double and a game-saving block I would agree but I don't think he played as poorly as Kobe did in that series.

Yes Bron's game was better that's not in dispute, but people aren't trying to throw shade at him like people on here were with Kobe even though he went for 23 and 15 that night and scored 10 of those 23 in the 4th quarter.

im starting to agree with this opinion more and more. just like stats dont say everything , rings dont say everything either. a lot of different things go into judging players. 

Stats are very misleading. I find alot of people don't actually watch games but watch box scores more.

Case in point: Kevin Love on the Timberwolves. Been saying he was overrated WHEN he was a Timberwolve, and people thought that was nuts. This dude was putting up Barkley type of numbers, but we know he wasnt on that level.

Hell, Derozan averaged 23 against the Cavs this playoffs, and Klay averaged 19. Are we going to say Derozan is better because of it? I'm not.

I think Lebron's passing skills and court vision will keep him in the league for as long as he wants to be in it.

Man, I'm old as hell :lol:

Not complaining. I got to see the REAL MJ in his prime :smokin. Talk about UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Last edited:
Yes Bron's game was better that's not in dispute, but people aren't trying to throw shade at him like people on here were with Kobe even though he went for 23 and 15 that night and scored 10 of those 23 in the 4th quarter.

when a guy like Kobe gets 15 rebounds though, its more of a fluke thing. Just in the right place at the right now. When Lebron gets 10+, its just another night at the office.

So i dont overlook a bad game by him just because he grabbed 15 rebounds.

kinda bummed out basketball is over. summer sports are the worst. this heat in la is ridiculous right now as well. ill be happy when fall is here once again. 
As weird as this is, I enjoy Summer League more than I do the NBA Regular Season.

So, things are starting to heat up

when a guy like Kobe gets 15 rebounds though, its more of a fluke thing. Just in the right place at the right now. When Lebron gets 10+, its just another night at the office.

So i dont overlook a bad game by him just because he grabbed 15 rebounds.

Umm, re-watch game 7 and come back to me, those weren't just gimme rebounds and also read his and Doc's comments after the game. It's more of the mantra of finding other ways to impact threw game when your shot isn't falling which happened to be the case of everyone in the floor that night, not just Kobe.

Last edited:
Umm, re-watch game 7 and come back to me, those weren't just gimme rebounds and also read his and Doc's comments after the game. It's more of the mantra of finding other ways to impact threw game when your shot isn't falling which happened to be the case of everyone in the floor that night, not just Kobe.

Ok, fair enough.

Thats just not enough to overlook 6-24 shooting though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom