The Official NCAA Football 09 Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Its just stupid to see LBs dropping back 35 yards into coverage

and then half the defense dont even react and flow correctly...

It was a toss boss left and my ROLB is running inside as if it was a dive, and my FS just standing back in coverage, not even droppin back, just standing stillflat footed

I mean I won big but there just a lot of stpid stuff, incredibly stupid stuff.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

It was a toss boss left and my ROLB is running inside as if it was a dive, and my FS just standing back in coverage, not even droppin back, just standing still flat footed

Oh how I wish you could play madden with college rosters
grin.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

sick.gif
WE NEED PATCHES ASAP.
smh.gif

I refuse to buy College the day it drops next yr.

I will gladly wait

What happened???

nerd.gif

And Kush....You trying to get that game in tonight???? Lemme know something....
ill be on around 5PST. what time you going to be on tonight?

It was a toss boss left and my ROLB is running inside as if it was a dive, and my FS just standing back in coverage, not even droppin back, just standing still
flat footed

i feel u man i hate when im n cover 3 and for some reason my lb's and secondary always jus sit there and let the wr catch the ball rite n front of themlike they dont even move just sit there....also i hate when u try 2 make an interception and the db or lb barely sticks their arms out 2 make the pic
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Gmills23

Whats a good defense to stop the CPU from short yardage down the middle passes?
Quarters - Prevent

But i'm starting to notice how stupid the defense for AI is. whens the patch coming out?

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

sick.gif
WE NEED PATCHES ASAP.
smh.gif

I refuse to buy College the day it drops next yr.

I will gladly wait

What happened???

nerd.gif

And Kush....You trying to get that game in tonight???? Lemme know something....
ill be on around 5PST. what time you going to be on tonight?

I'm not gonna be on tonight until about 9 or 10est.

Gotta go hoop when I get off work.

So, 7PST/10EST ???

That cool???

nerd.gif

indifferent.gif
@ my daughter stepping on the power cord when im up 35-7 late inthe 3rd quarter
I restart the game and tebow preceds to throw 7 picks
eek.gif

looks like his heisman hopes are over
smh.gif

nerd.gif
anybody else unable to throw deep passes? Harvin had the corners burnt acouple of times and Tebow would throw the ball to the middle of the feild resulting in a pic

and that happen atleast 4 times
and that is with one the most accurate qb's on the game

Originally Posted by theone2401

Originally Posted by cri8nd

Madden '09 is out?

And Kush,

We can get the game in one of these nights.

Prolly Thursday or Friday night when the week gets advanced.

No big deal.

Got it saturday and it is great to me. Its not college football but the game play is so much more rewarding and fun. It just feels good to play online and not feel like no matter how bad the person you are playing is they might be able to put up 30 points on you cause the defense in so bad in the game.
I think ive played more games of madden online then I have played of NCAA already and I only got madden on saturday....It just feels good to play someone who obviously knows NOTHING about football and watch them throw pick after pick after pick
pimp.gif

And Champ I dunno what to tell you...You I am gonna sim your stuff but I wont drop you until you admit defeat on your end...I really doubt you gonna lose this week...

And jrp44 what team do you want? Ill add you in about a hour or so just let me know what team you want...
florida,tennessee,clemson,miami,usc,lsu,fsu,ucla,nd are taken and another one i cant remember right now..

So you are dropping the stanford guy?

Yea looks like it. He is self admittedly to busy...I am not literally deleting anyone until I find a replacement for them though.

And on the rocket catching...havent seen it. It is supposidly not able to be done on all madden and all pro difficulties but time will tell.

So whats going to happen with my game with him? Am I just going to play the cpu?

Also when I'm playing someone online and before I snap the ball I want to look at the play art could my opponent see my play?

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

Originally Posted by Gmills23

Whats a good defense to stop the CPU from short yardage down the middle passes?
Quarters - Prevent

But i'm starting to notice how stupid the defense for AI is. whens the patch coming out?

prevent? thats for like hail mary deep passes, im gettin hit with like 3 yard quick slants and drags...the best thing i found so far was doubling thereceivers on the outside and having the mlb zone the middle....i was using a 3-4 cover 2 but the backers were dropping like 8 yards back and the receivers werecatching 3 yard passes every time and str8 out running them.

Originally Posted by lowslows

indifferent.gif
@ my daughter stepping on the power cord when im up 35-7 late in the 3rd quarter
eek.gif

smh.gif

nerd.gif
anybody else unable to throw deep passes? Harvin had the corners burnt a couple of times and Tebow would throw the ball to the middle of the feild resulting in a pic

I lowered the accuracy on purpose because the deep ball is to accurate..In real life the QB hardly ever throws a perfect deep ball most deep balls arecaught because the WR made an adjustment. I also did that to curb the scrambling and passing with the QB. That way when you are running around and out of thepocket your passes reflect how they would in real life they are not good ones.

Teams dont throw deep a ton an I wanted to reflect that. and the only way to do that was to punish you for throwing deep to much...It also allows for randombad passes which is something that happens all the time in real life but never in the video games.

People have had no problems scoring or winning games my recommendation is be a lil more conservative in your decision making.

So whats going to happen with my game with him? Am I just going to play the cpu?

Also when I'm playing someone online and before I snap the ball I want to look at the play art could my opponent see my play?

Yes and no. I will put him on auto pilot as soon as I get home today.
Thank God for NCAA 09, this new Madden sucks to me. I know it's bold to say that, but it blows.

Everyone has their opinion and that is fine...but I am curious why you say that? I have played about 10 games of madden and they have reflected how realfootball is played to me better then any other football video game I ever played.

I posted in the madden thread a guy played quarter engage 8 against me for a whole drive and I just ran it down his throat it felt amazing.
pimp.gif
If this doesnt teach people to stay in their base formation until they have atleast put me in a passing situation I dont know what will..Also the guy kept running play action passes with out setting up the run and guess what? NO ONEBIT...that makes the game so much more fun then having completely BS things happen that make you lose.

indifferent.gif
@ my daughter stepping on the power cord when im up 35-7 late in the 3rd quarter
eek.gif

smh.gif

nerd.gif
anybody else unable to throw deep passes? Harvin had the corners burnt a couple of times and Tebow would throw the ball to the middle of the feild resulting in a pic

I lowered the accuracy on purpose because the deep ball is to accurate..In real life the QB hardly ever throws a perfect deep ball most deep balls are caught because the WR made an adjustment. I also did that to curb the scrambling and passing with the QB. That way when you are running around and out of the pocket your passes reflect how they would in real life they are not good ones.

Teams dont throw deep a ton an I wanted to reflect that. and the only way to do that was to punish you for throwing deep to much...It also allows for random bad passes why is something that happens all the time in real life but never in the video games.

People have had no problems scoring or winning games my recommendation is be a lil more conservative in your decision making.

Thank God for NCAA 09, this new Madden sucks to me. I know it's bold to say that, but it blows.

Everyone has their opinion and that is fine...but I am curious why you say that? I have played about 10 games of madden and they have reflected how real football is played to me better then any other football video game I ever played.

I posted in the madden thread a guy played quarter engage 8 against me for a whole drive and I just ran it down his throat it felt amazing.
pimp.gif
If this doesnt teach people to stay in their base formation until they have at least put me in a passing situation I dont know what will..Also the guy kept running play action passes with out setting up the run and guess what? NO ONE BIT...that makes the game so much more fun they having completely BS things happen that make you lose.

So my opponent can't see my play art when I'm looking at it?

indifferent.gif
eek.gif

smh.gif

nerd.gif

I lowered the accuracy on purpose because the deep ball is to accurate..In real life the QB hardly ever throws a perfect deep ball most deep balls are caught because the WR made an adjustment. I also did that to curb the scrambling and passing with the QB. That way when you are running around and out of the pocket your passes reflect how they would in real life they are not good ones.

Teams dont throw deep a ton an I wanted to reflect that. and the only way to do that was to punish you for throwing deep to much...It also allows for random bad passes why is something that happens all the time in real life but never in the video games.

Everyone has their opinion and that is fine...but I am curious why you say that? I have played about 10 games of madden and they have reflected how real football is played to me better then any other football video game I ever played.

pimp.gif
If this doesnt teach people to stay in their base formation until they have at least put me in a passing situation I dont know what will..Also the guy kept running play action passes with out setting up the run and guess what? NO ONE BIT...that makes the game so much more fun they having completely BS things happen that make you lose.

Not online no

indifferent.gif
eek.gif

smh.gif

nerd.gif

pimp.gif

Not online no

Thanks, wish I would have knew this earlier

I'm not gonna be on tonight until about 9 or 10est.

Gotta go hoop when I get off work.

So, 7PST/10EST ???

That cool???

nerd.gif

yeah that'll work

I think this year EA got their %%!$ on lock. Ncaa 09 is a #*$%##* awesome game, Madden is too (cbpresent, why do you dislike madden????), but I still thinkNcaa 09 > Madden.

Just a heads up for dynasty dudes...

You cannot convince a player to stay for another season only the commish can
pimp.gif

But to be fair I wont do it either deal?

indifferent.gif
Clear UF Bias

You know if UF returns Tebow and Harvin for their senior years its curtains
laugh.gif
It is EA's fault...something is wrong with how the online dynasty functions it will only work on the commish account and for the other playersit will not recognize that you tried to make them stay
ohwell.gif
Trust me I dontwant Spiller or Jacoby leaving early.

I am trying to get this out so I dont "accidently" convince them to stay and then one of you guys starts the new season and realizes the guy you madestay left anyway

I'm pretty conservative so I don't really throw it deep too much unless I see that my WR is clearly wide open or he's definitely got a step onthe defender. Sometimes I get picked off when I throw deep too and I go wth, but when I see a replay usually I realize I didn't see a defender that wasclose by or something.

How is Madden compared to NCAA? I haven't bought Madden on the PS3 before..I'm considering it, but I'm not sure if I need another football game.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom