The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Holy hell. That second episode with the kid was creepy as hell.
Didn’t think they would go this far.

Also Netflix be weird. They get bangers like , this, mindhunter, stranger things. Then do some trash like that will smith movie and those whack anime live action films :lol:

Wow. I think the scariest part, was the real recorded conversation between the cop and Glenda at the end.

Last edited:
damn this Dahmer show was too disturbing at times.....the cannibalism aspect and knowing its based on true life was a tough tough watch.....this makes silence of the lambs look like a disney flick

toney ep was real downer for me, hes the victim that we got to know the most....just heartbreaking man

I tried to google if the victims families will make money off this show and other docs and shows....couldnt really find anything......hope they do..........one of jeremy renner first big roles was his dahmer movie 20 years ago....havent seen that yet

the show was well done, the 2-3 directors will be doing some more legit work in near future......

fincher should hire them to direct and show run mindhunters and he just pops in for tea and biscuits

evan peters was great, hopefully leads to some cool non serial killer roles for him

damn this Dahmer show was too disturbing at times.....the cannibalism aspect and knowing its based on true life was a tough tough watch.....this makes silence of the lambs look like a disney flick

toney ep was real downer for me, hes the victim that we got to know the most....just heartbreaking man

I tried to google if the victims families will make money off this show and other docs and shows....couldnt really find anything......hope they do..........one of jeremy renner first big roles was his dahmer movie 20 years ago....havent seen that yet

the show was well done, the 2-3 directors will be doing some more legit work in near future......

fincher should hire them to direct and show run mindhunters and he just pops in for tea and biscuits

evan peters was great, hopefully leads to some cool non serial killer roles for him
Some of the victims' families have already spoken out against it. Says it's traumatizing and they're not getting paid from it.

The crazy thing is as sad as that tony story is they could of made it more gruesome if they really wanted to follow exactly how it ended etc then what was depicted but luckily they didn’t. Just sad all around for everything that happened to all the victims and the families.

glad to see Assane Diop hit on SNKRS when the pollens dropped

797CC5F2-F574-4F0B-B82B-B815DC22B73A.jpeg

I “enjoyed” this series, the pacing was unbearable, just as they intended. The last two episodes I feel could’ve been left out.
Same thing i told my girl when we finished it last night. Would've been better at 8 episodes. Last too just dragged on.

Also, when they showed John Wayne Gacy on TV i thought they were setting up a second season about him :lol:

Some of the victims' families have already spoken out against it. Says it's traumatizing and they're not getting paid from it.

thats EXTREMELY disappointing

netflex can't give each family 500k-1.5M??? all the money they spend??? they would look sooooo classy.....
legally sure they can do as is, but thats not cool man

Dahmer looks really good and interesting but for the life of me, I kept on falling asleep and have to rewatch the episodes all over again. must be really tired.

as far as shock value, it could be shocking but for me it was tolerable possibly I am desensitized with such content for seeing too much gruesome stuff and I wouldn't recommend anyone from viewing any of those.

The directors did people a favor with how far they could of really went with it. Probably would of been extreme backlash on it. Dahmer was really a savage. I put him and the Night Stalker

Dahmer looks really good and interesting but for the life of me, I kept on falling asleep and have to rewatch the episodes all over again. must be really tired.

as far as shock value, it could be shocking but for me it was tolerable possibly I am desensitized with such content for seeing too much gruesome stuff and I wouldn't recommend anyone from viewing any of those.
I tried to like it, the first episode I turned it off like 20 min in lol. Just seemed like very mediocre acting and dialogue

Gonna give it another try but I don’t expect much from Netflix or really any hyped up shows these days

I tried to like it, the first episode I turned it off like 20 min in lol. Just seemed like very mediocre acting and dialogue

Gonna give it another try but I don’t expect much from Netflix or really any hyped up shows these days
it's ok from an entertainment standpoint. love the cinematography though since it really looked well made unlike some other shows out there like at Disney+.
I still rate MindHunter really high though. never fell asleep watching MindHunter.

haven't had a chance to check out the dahmer series yet but given netflix's fascination with serial killers it made me curious about the number of serial killers outside of the US... suffice to say, the world is a scary place.

could be a result of underreporting worldwide but the US has a staggering number of serial killers compared to the rest of the globe. over 3x the number per capita compared to #2. i wonder why this country produces so many?

haven't had a chance to check out the dahmer series yet but given netflix's fascination with serial killers it made me curious about the number of serial killers outside of the US... suffice to say, the world is a scary place.

could be a result of underreporting worldwide but the US has a staggering number of serial killers compared to the rest of the globe. over 3x the number per capita compared to #2. i wonder why this country produces so many?
I don't think it's classified in the same manner. Technically a lot of these political dudes would be considered serial killers to some degree. Stalin is associated with the death of literally thousands. Likely the same for Putin.

Idi Amin is another dude responsible for the death of thousands and he even orchestrated a genocide on his own people (albeit a different tribe and religion).

Dahmer is a nasty dude for sure but on a global scale some of these warlord type dudes would have laughed.

Most of those Cartel Sickarios are psychopaths. Once again Dahmer might not even make their b-team for hitters.

I don't think it's classified in the same manner. Technically a lot of these political dudes would be considered serial killers to some degree. Stalin is associated with the death of literally thousands. Likely the same for Putin.

Idi Amin is another dude responsible for the death of thousands and he even orchestrated a genocide on his own people (albeit a different tribe and religion).

Dahmer is a nasty dude for sure but on a global scale some of these warlord type dudes would have laughed.

Most of those Cartel Sickarios are psychopaths. Once again Dahmer might not even make their b-team for hitters.

i feel you. pol pot, hitler, mussolini, ferdinand marcos could and should be considered serial killers given the genocides they were behind.. but i guess they're a different type of sociopath

i feel you. pol pot, hitler, mussolini, ferdinand marcos could and should be considered serial killers given the genocides they were behind.. but i guess they're a different type of sociopath
Agreed its different but these dudes definitely had blood on their hands.

I think the surprising thing about American Serial killers is that we would consider ourselves a civilized country. It's more surprising that people do this while finding ways to blend into traditional society.

The night stalker is a good example of this cuz dude was a monster then he just up and quit until one of those ancestry kits got him jammed up.

I also think to some degree serial killers always have and will always exist. Obviously, they are outliers but I think some people are just born with more of a predatory trait, when you mix than and obscure sexual fetishes it can definitely lead to trouble.

serial killing is just a way to identify domestic crimes perpetuated by an individual to multiple victims with a certain m.o.

it is however different imo with regards to mass killings which is a different category under mass murder.

Back
Top Bottom