The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Rebel moon not looking good

Indie wire
"I assume that we’ll learn a little bit more about Djimon Hounsou’s drunken tactical genius when the Imperium descends upon the Veldt in the second part of “Rebel Moon,” and that Anthony Hopkins’ robot will explain why it’s wearing a pair of antlers in the last shots, but it’s also possible these unanswered questions are merely a pretext for another Snyder Cut — one that Netflix can use to squeeze a few more view hours out of a movie so insufferable that it should be measured in milliseconds. Whatever the case, it’s hard to be even morbidly curious, let alone excited, about any future iterations or installments of a franchise so determined to remix a million things you’ve seen before into one thing you’ll wish you’d never seen at all."

Nah Sam.

Nah

This was not it. Leave the world behind? Should've left most of this script behind.

I was digging the tension and suspense you were building as it was akin to Homecoming but you drew it out too long. I look up and I see this knockoff Pulp Fiction dancing scene where you got Julia Robert's white girl dancing to a Next song. Mahershala didn't even get too close :smh:

Also Friends? This is what this annoying little white girl is obsessed with? Not Seinfeld where you would be interested in how it ends but Friends? Nobody really cares. Stop it

Julia was playing this Karen too well. It bothered me.

It got to the point I was no longer locked in with the plot and didn't care how it ended. I was sick when I saw a hr hadn't even passed and they still dropping bedcrumbs for this plot and all of this tedious dialogue. Especially when Kevin Bacon's character got some lines. Somebody must've owed him to toss this role at him.

I didn't hate this but cmon Sam this a big step down from his past works. Good thing I wasn't anticipating this.

:rofl: @ all those :stoneface: ed cgi deer and them screaming

4.7/8

Nah Sam.

Nah

This was not it. Leave the world behind? Should've left most of this script behind.

I was digging the tension and suspense you were building as it was akin to Homecoming but you drew it out too long. I look up and I see this knockoff Pulp Fiction dancing scene where you got Julia Robert's white girl dancing to a Next song. Mahershala didn't even get too close :smh:

Also Friends? This is what this annoying little white girl is obsessed with? Not Seinfeld where you would be interested in how it ends but Friends? Nobody really cares. Stop it

It got to the point I was no longer locked in with the plot and didn't care how it ended. I was sick when I saw a hr hadn't even passed and they still dropping bedcrumbs for this plot and all of this tedious dialogue. Especially when Kevin Bacon's character got some lines. Somebody must've owed him to toss this role at him.

I didn't hate this but cmon Sam this a big step down from his past works. Good thing I wasn't anticipating this.

4.7/8
I have 30 minutes left and the homeowners are in the basement venting. I feel like the next 30 are gonna be absolutely stupid :lol:

Let us know what ya think
It was weird, and then terrible

Emergency Alert: WH under attack by rogue armed forces @WH and major cities under attack by rogue armed forces. Elevated radiation levels detected near multiple population centers, seek immediate security within your home."

Friends end launches

Movie sucks

I have 30 minutes left and the homeowners are in the basement venting. I feel like the next 30 are gonna be absolutely stupid :lol:
It's just more of the same.

Movie never reaches a climax. There's no twist or turning point.

Feels more like the first 2 episodes of a s1 series than a movie but hey its on netflix.

Lmao as someone who had all the Friends DVD season boxsets and fell asleep to them in middle and high school, I had to raise my rating from 1/8 to 2/8.

That wall of physical media made me geek too :lol:

What a terrible movie.

Nah Sam.

Nah

4.7/8
Ali’s dialogue was strange too, yo was always saying something but nothing at the same time…Like when they 1st got to the house all he had to say was this is my crib that yall booked thru me but he kept dancing around that fact and basically asking permission to stay in his own place, it was weird and made everything look more sketchy than it had to be :lol: :smh:

Ali’s dialogue was strange too, yo was always saying something but nothing at the same time…Like when they 1st got to the house all he had to say was this is my crib that yall booked thru me but he kept dancing around that fact and basically asking permission to stay in his own place, it was weird and made everything look more sketchy than it had to be :lol: :smh:
I took that for trying to be suspenseful and make you question everything to fit the tone he was trying to set. I've seen a few newer writers/directors take this approach.

It was very obvious but he wasn't playing it the other way where Ali is straightforward and then later it's revealed he has bad intentions. Otherwise the movie would've ended with him kicking the family out and giving them their refund :lol:

It’s staggering how nothing actually happens. Master Zik Master Zik i agree with all of your words but you gave it a 5.7/8 :lol:

Julia Roberts and Sam Esmail went on The Big Picture podcast strictly to talk about the movie, gonna have to listen to that :lol:

It’s staggering how nothing actually happens. Master Zik Master Zik i agree with all of your words but you gave it a 5.7/8 :lol:

Julia Roberts and Sam Esmail went on The Big Picture podcast strictly to talk about the movie, gonna have to listen to that :lol:
you shouldn't be surprised considering he gave high praises to L&T and say that an overwhelming majority are wrong. :lol:

It's well shot, well acted, the plot is bad but the dialogue isn't.

I'd let it play in the background

And mainly I like looking at Myha'la. If she ain't in it 3.7/8. Sam knows how to draw me in with the right women.

bro’s teeth just fallin out like he had generations of plaque and gingivitis built up:lol:

had nothing to do with the plot but they just tossed it in there, similar to how this annoying *** girl was addicted to friends.

if this movie didn’t have mahershala, i wouldve quit 30 minutes in

bro’s teeth just fallin out like he had generations of plaque and gingivitis built up:lol:

had nothing to do with the plot but they just tossed it in there, similar to how this annoying *** girl was addicted to friends.

if this movie didn’t have mahershala, i wouldve quit 30 minutes in

I thought all this was culminating in a nuclear fallout. That can be a sign of acute radiation poisoning so i got excited.

Then they started talking about ticks. :lol: :lol::smh:

Maybe it was still implied but i think at the point where your teeth start falling out youre probably going to die and some random guy wont have the medicine to save you.

ign said the movie had an attempted gang rape scene. snyder wanted it for batman and now his new movie. Weirdo.

Back
Top Bottom