The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Netflix: Money Matters (This is based in DC too)

Monique "Money" Matters attends a Catholic school three bus rides away from her inner-city life and her emotionally troubled mother. When she makes a friend in her own neighborhood, she confronts her fragile home life in ways she never imagined.

Terrible, terrible movie. I don't even smoke and I really felt like that was a "you have to be high to enjoy this" movie.

Comedies to watch: Tommy Boy, Liar Liar, Trading Places, Tucker & Dale vs Evil, Phat Beach (kinda funny, but the poor editing makes it 5x funnier)

If yall are looking for a gang of other movies to watch check this subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/fullmoviesonyoutube/

I've downloaded about 10 movies since I found it last week

Is there a way that I can convert these youtube videos so I can save them to my computer(mac)?

I use the Firefox add-on Download Helper (PC) and download it as an MP4 so I can play it on my PS3. No conversion needed. Their site says it works for Mac.

^ Or if you want to play it on your PC just use VLC Media player

Yeah, I use VLC all the time. I prefer to watch movies on the TV so I go with MP4. And I'm sure everyone knows they can watch straight from their computer to TV using HDMI (aud/vid) or S-Video (video only).

Has anyone said House of cards yet? probably so but I thought it was worth mentioning - I watched the whole 1st season in a matter of 4 days - I was locked in lol

Great show. THe ribs Congressman Underwoods eats must be hella good since he eats them at 730-800 am :lol:

:lol: Seriously. "We'll cleave you from the herd and watch you die in the wilderness." ..... :x "Hold that thought, bubble guts."

Last edited:
To help those who don't regularly keep up with the thread, I'm going to compose a master list of "the best" TV shows, comedies, dramas, etc. so we can just refer to that to make things easier.

So whoever feels like it, list off a few (or as many as you want) of your best choices for television dramas, television comedies, movie comedies, dramas, action, etc. I'll add them all together into one consensus post of what we most recommend. 

So to start it off for television 

Drama

Mad Men

Breaking Bad

Friday Night Lights

... and so on

Comedy

The Office (first few seasons)

Parks and Rec 

30 Rock

Undeclared

Freaks and Geeks

Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Archer

The League

... and so on.

Last edited:
Just killed the first season of the American version of House of Cards starring Kevin Spacey and Rooney Mara's sister, Kate.

Fire.

Good idea...here's a few to get things going.

TV:
Comedy
-Trailer Park Boys
-Peep Show
-Workaholics
-Wilfred

Drama
-Sons of Anarchy
-Lost
-House of Cards
-Downton Abbey
-Walking Dead

Sci Fi
-X Files
-Star Trek/ Star Trek: Next Generation
-Twilight Zone
-Firefly
-Battlestar Galactica

Movie:
Drama
-Drive
-True Grit
-The Machinist
-Resevoir Dogs
-Jackie Brown
-Sin Nombre

Action
-Ip Man
-Snatch
-Terminator/Terminator 2
-Battle Royale

Comedy
-Happy Gilmore
-Planes Trains and Automobiles
-Half Baked
-Tucker and Dale vs. Evil

Sci-Fi
-The Thing
-Serenity
-Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan

Terrible, terrible movie. I don't even smoke and I really felt like that was a "you have to be high to enjoy this" movie.

Comedies to watch: Tommy Boy, Liar Liar, Trading Places, Tucker & Dale vs Evil, Phat Beach (kinda funny, but the poor editing makes it 5x funnier)

If yall are looking for a gang of other movies to watch check this subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/fullmoviesonyoutube/

I've downloaded about 10 movies since I found it last week

Is there a way that I can convert these youtube videos so I can save them to my computer(mac)?

I use the Firefox add-on Download Helper (PC) and download it as an MP4 so I can play it on my PS3. No conversion needed. Their site says it works for Mac.

damn I missed flight

That theme music is butter.
Bassline gets me hyped every time.

Forreal, though. This Netflix Originals concept is low-key going to revolutionize the industry.

Whole season; instantly; premium cable quality; slight nippage?

Yuppp.

I feel like the people who have given it a shot have given it rave reviews, but it still hasn't quite caught on... yet.

Last edited:
If you like football undefeated is a good watch! The house of cards is a grimy show I fell dirty after watching it!

This is DAMN good. DAMN good. Right now the 2nd highest rated BIOGRAPHICAL Documentary on All of Netflix. If you need some motivation.

Good call on this DC! Watched it today and it was awesome. I forgot how polarizing he was after that Maia fight. His public perception really changed after that fight and his recent string of KO's.

To help those who don't regularly keep up with the thread, I'm going to compose a master list of "the best" TV shows, comedies, dramas, etc. so we can just refer to that to make things easier.

So whoever feels like it, list off a few (or as many as you want) of your best choices for television dramas, television comedies, movie comedies, dramas, action, etc. I'll add them all together into one consensus post of what we most recommend. 

So to start it off for television 

Drama
Mad Men
Breaking Bad
Friday Night Lights
... and so on

Comedy
The Office (first few seasons)
Parks and Rec 
30 Rock
Undeclared
Freaks and Geeks
Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Archer
The League
... and so on.

Dude I can't thank you enough for recommending Archer! :smokin

Last edited:
I warn everyone, do not watch Amber Alert. If you do, skip it to the middle.

The damn characters are so kmds;mlkfmsvmdk;fmlmdslkfmmsl;dmflm;lsdm ANNOYINGsjfnij vjkf dsklvn skln

I hate them so much. I wanted to throw the damn PS3 controller to the tv

I warn everyone, do not watch Amber Alert. If you do, skip it to the middle.

The damn characters are so kmds;mlkfmsvmdk;fmlmdslkfmmsl;dmflm;lsdm ANNOYINGsjfnij vjkf dsklvn skln

I hate them so much. I wanted to throw the damn PS3 controller to the tv

I watched this with my girl last weekend and the struggle was too damn real. Damn.

Couldn't make a decision between Taking Lives and Boys Don't Cry last night. Are either of them any good? I know they're a little old.

Back
Top Bottom