The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Not a fan of the series finale of FNL only cuz of the decision coach decided. Smh...

i disconnected my cable... so paying for netflix and Hulu in comparison to a cable bill is a steal. I'm also not a TV "fanatic" so I have no problem letting episodes "stack" or pile up and then downloading a bunch and watching them all at once. I honestly believe if you paying for cable AND Internet, you are a fool.

I'm liking this idea the only things that keeps me with cable is sports and ESPN mostly

Friday Night Lights

Luther

Freaks and Geeks

Greek

Downton Abbey

Black Donnellys 

Hulu is cool. Obviously they get the benefit of having new episodes right away... but not having FX or AMC shows was a dealbreaker.

Last edited:
Anybody know when tv series are updated with the newest season?

I just finished watching Sons of Anarchy and i wanted to know when they are gonna put the 5th season on there

Damn...Friday Night Lights is officially my favorite TV show of all time.

After season 2 I was like eh...but Season 3 was :pimp:

Only issue with the last season is how it seemed so rushed towards the end.

Cannot believe I slept on this show this entire time...

I just finished watching Sons of Anarchy and i wanted to know when they are gonna put the 5th season on there

Probably will come out when it gets closer to season 6. I couldn't wait so I found other ways to watch Season 5 :lol:

you will have to wait til next year. I had to find season 5 online to get my fix after Netflix left me hangin :nerd:

Boys Don't Cry is the better film. I mean Hillary Swank and Chloe Sevigny...for what it was...killed their roles.
But that's kind of a "I only ever need/want to see this once in my life" type of movie.

Watched this Monday night. Was expecting a little better. It has been 14 years, so I'm thinking it just hasn't aged well. Hillary Swank definitely a put on one hell of performance though. Can't believe she only made $3,000 for that gig :wow:

"Pistol" Pete Maravich (Adam Guier) pushes himself to the limit in this stirring biopic recounting the National Basketball Association all-star's adolescence and first year on his high school's varsity squad. Promoted to the team when he was only in eighth grade, Maravich gets support from his dad (a former college and professional coach) and witnesses the 1950s' racial boundaries while striving to become the greatest cager of all time.

The Pistol: The Birth of a Legend

One of my all time favorite movies is on the flix right now. Movie hits home on so many levels, i get all teary eyed every single time I watch it. The whole father son relationship story could have been written by me haha
repped. the book is good too. it was like $8 paperback on amazon.
cant wait till my son is older to watch the movie with him.

i disconnected my cable... so paying for netflix and Hulu in comparison to a cable bill is a steal. I'm also not a TV "fanatic" so I have no problem letting episodes "stack" or pile up and then downloading a bunch and watching them all at once. I honestly believe if you paying for cable AND Internet, you are a fool.
I used to get free tv, internet, and phone through my old job.

Since I left, I pay $30 a month for 50mb/20 internet and I got HULU and NETFLIX streaming through my XBOX live which I pay $1 a month for. Im a sports addict ( bball, football, boxing) so I got sites I got to for any sporting event any country ( fly catching in Cambodia included) for free and I plug the laptop to the 40 inch tv via hdmi for full effect.

Netflix mostly for movies. Hulu mostly for current and older shows. All in all I pay $47 per month (564 pr year) for only the entertainment I care about. And it feels liberating. ( specially slim to no commercials)

And that is how im livin NTalk...
Ditto. (maybe download a couple new blockbuster mkvs wink wink)

But on that note should we start a whole new hulu thread? or can we just do some quick reccomendations  in here?

Like Water

This insightful documentary brings viewers up close and personal with Ultimate Fighting Championship title holder Anderson Silva, aka The Spider. This follows the day-to-day life of Silva leading up to his 2010 fight vs. Chael Sonnen.

This is DAMN good. DAMN good. Right now the 2nd highest rated BIOGRAPHICAL Documentary on All of Netflix. If you need some motivation.

Like water is on Netflix!?!?

About to watch right now..

Seriously.. I just got Hulu plus and I don't have a clue what to watch..

I don't don't what really to watch on hulu aswell, outside what ive stumbled across and enjoyed:
I got kids so with the I keep it light, the cosby show (oldie but goodie), biggest loser, hart of Dixie (wit the wife), emily owens (wit the wife), shark tank

other that I watch scandal, community, just started watching deception dunno it'll stick tho

Back
Top Bottom