The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Dark is a must watch.

I watched bright and I thought it was pretty solid. Maybe my expectations were low but I still enjoyed it. Will Smith’s wife in the movie is fuego

has American Vandal been mentioned?

I think its brilliant and I laughed out loud a few times watching it by myself.

its even better if you listened to Serial podcast

I think its gonna be the next "viral" Netflix show that everyone will be talking about.

I thought Friends from College was very good too. Not as good as Vandal but def enjoyable.

Last edited:
I watched Bright.
And then I watched Bright again.
And then I watched Bright again.
Obvs it was a down day where I had little to do but I loved it enough to hit the B2B2B

Last movie I did that with was Arrival and Cadillac Records. Arrival is one of my top films of All time but Cadillac Records and Bright were just so feelgood/intriguing/subjects that interest me so much that it just worked with my time where I could get it in.

has American Vandal been mentioned?

I think its brilliant and I laughed out loud a few times watching it by myself.

its even better if you listened to Serial podcast

I think its gonna be the next "viral" Netflix show that everyone will be talking about.

I thought Friends from College was very good too. Not as good as Vandal but def enjoyable.

American Vandal should be getting the praise & attention that Bright is getting right now tbh. Easily the most underrated show on Netflix this yr

I still think it'd have been even better as a series though...

Im about to rewatch Travelers, I guess season 2 just dropped.?. I can't remember a thing from season 1.

Bright would have def been better as a series. Tried watchin' it twice and fell asleep multiple times. It's good but it's so much to digest as a single movie.

Gonna finish up Peaky today then hit up Travelers, hasn't been that long since I finished the first season and I remember a fair amount.

Tried Dark again but just wasn't interested last night, gonna try again later. And if that Vandal show is the one I'm thinking about nah, it's not underrated

With Dark you have to get to around that 4-5th episode and then it hits a point were u just cant stop watching

The hardest episode for me was the first, I swear I fell asleep 4 to 5 times before I finally watched it in entirety but :wow: when it hooks you.

THAT PEAKY BLINDERS FINALE!!! They've got me geeked for season 5 with the name they dropped.

You mean the guy in chicago they mentioned?

Had me wondering until the end of the episode of what alfie solomons was referring to when he said big effs small.

One thing I was confused about though is
how was brody able to take over people’s businesses so fast when the relatives he brought with him were getting murked. It seemed like his mafia boss sent more people over but they should be at a disadvantage being in England when forcing solomons, the other Italian guy, and eventually tommy out. The mafia must’ve been just too big and powerful at the time.

One thing I was confused about though is
how was brody able to take over people’s businesses so fast when the relatives he brought with him were getting murked. It seemed like his mafia boss sent more people over but they should be at a disadvantage being in England when forcing solomons, the other Italian guy, and eventually tommy out. The mafia must’ve been just too big and powerful at the time.

Kinda confused me too, I was just assuming he was making moves on everyone... likely before the Shelbys even, so things may have just been falling into place all at the right time (so he thought). My only gripe with the show is the short seasons, and time jumps it just always feels like they omitted something important.

Kinda confused me too, I was just assuming he was making moves on everyone... likely before the Shelbys even, so things may have just been falling into place all at the right time (so he thought). My only gripe with the show is the short seasons, and time jumps it just always feels like they omitted something important.
Agreed all around. Italian immigration was huge. If you can't get a job join the mob.

My 2 Cents:

-"Dark" was very well-done and I highly recommend it to anyone that likes thrillers. There are some plot holes/questions I have after the finale, but it kept me interested and made me want to binge (I finished it in 5 days).
-I attempted to watch "Bright" on Christmas Eve and had to shut it off after about an hour. I really wanted to give it a chance because Will Smith is one of the GOATs, but the acting was bad, the storyline was terrible, and it just didn't make me want to watch more.
-ST2 was great. Much better than Season 1 IMO and I liked that it was a bit darker.
-I just started "Wormwood," which has some interesting production/cinematic qualities and is another thriller-type documentary.
-My girlfriend really likes "Easy," but I just didn't find it to be that good.
-"Godless" is next on my list to watch.

Finished Dark in two days :lol:

Have to wrap my head around it but I felt it peaked mid season but that opinion can change once I do more research on it cause I am sure I missed some plot points

Does American Vandal turn into an actual serious show or is it just a comedy?

Its a mocumentary i think thats what they call it. basically a fake documentary.

it starts off just like a funny gag. without giving too much away basically it takes place at a high school and someone vandalizes every teachers car with a big penis spraypainted on it.

the school automatically convicts the troublemaker in the school and two kids from the AV club do this documentary to see if he really did it or was he a scape goat.

it starts off just funny and stupid but before you know it youre engulfed and want to know what happened and who really is behind it.

it may sound dumb but its VERY good.

heres a popular clip that kind gives you the vibe of the series....

Back
Top Bottom