--- THE OFFICIAL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS THREAD --- OFFSEASON THREAD

What Are You Concerned About Heading Into This Season???

• Brady turning 40

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Safety

• Gostkowski

• Total voters
Brady doesn't look like he's moving around as well as he's been lately. That knee must be bothering him.

I like how Mitchell is stepping up without Gronk out there.

Scored on Revis too :pimp:

Last edited:
man it's always a tight one versus the Jets. no matter how bad they are, they play us right down to the wire every damn time it feels like.

defense deserves a lot of credit despite all the **** they've taken the last few weeks. they made the stops. forced a turnover at the end. they did their job at the end of the day. and 17 points, 2 turnovers, and blocked FG (ST, technically)...can't complain too much about that. just frustrating to watch them rush 3 guys and play bend don't break so much. it's been working out, but i hate relying on that style of play.

Brady looked off today on a few throws. wonder if it's the knee, the lack of practice, or both. but overall, not too concerning. he was phenomenal down the stretch and made his big throws when we needed them. overcame a few bad drops, as well.

Malcolm Mitchell...kid looks NICE!!! worked Revis today for both his TDs. his hands and routes are so good. very promising. came up big for us on a day where we lost Gronk early.

Gostkowski worries me. i've got like 30% confidence in the dude right now :lol:

Gronk...even if he's fine, shut him down a week or two at least. no need to force him out there. we have plenty of targets and can win without him the next few games.

Last edited:
View media item 2243410Man what great game!!

My first live football game even though I was in the nose bleeds lol it was great.

I took my grandad who is a Jets fan lol

I just got a couple points:
- A lot of Pats fans was in the building so I felt like I was home game lol
- Brady is Mr. CLUTCH, chants of MVP were so loud
- gronk :smh:
- Mitchell was stellar dude keeps improving and I love it
- Marty B is literally iron man. Please pay him Bill. I literally saw this man on his knees for a whole 5 minutes after a play and he looked like he was done. A few drives later he's back on the field. He's really a soldier man nothing but the biggest props from me

View media item 2243410Man what great game!!

My first live football game even though I was in the nose bleeds lol it was great.

I took my grandad who is a Jets fan lol

I just got a couple points:
- A lot of Pats fans was in the building so I felt like I was home game lol
- Brady is Mr. CLUTCH, chants of MVP were so loud
- gronk :smh:
- Mitchell was stellar dude keeps improving and I love it
- Marty B is literally iron man. Please pay him Bill. I literally saw this man on his knees for a whole 5 minutes after a play and he looked like he was done. A few drives later he's back on the field. He's really a soldier man nothing but the biggest props from me

nice, man. glad the fellas pulled out the W for you too :pimp:

interesting takes out of Boston today....

Rob Gronkowski "playing" his way out of NE with the rash of injuries and "special rules"

i don't buy it. dude is a BEAST when he's out there. he's still a damn good bargain for the next 2-3 seasons. as much time Gronk might miss for injuries, he's not an off the field issue type of guy. he works just as hard as anyone on the team. gotta keep him.

gbos8se.gif

Last edited:
The local sports guys work themselves up into a frenzy sometimes.

I was listening to them go in on Gronk today though I missed that part you posted above Ace.

I do agree with one thing...as I've brought it up in this thread before...I wish Gronk could play full seasons w/o injury.
Ya, I know he may have been eligible to do so recently & sat the last game...but I don't like that scenario either.
I think all the best need to play at the end to keep things unaltered.

yeah. i hate all this ******** speculating

there is no issue with Gronk. we're 9-2. we're doing fine. and we're damn near unstoppable with him on the field offensively.

Yeah, I was hearing what F&M were saying and the callers as well. Even BB's comment saying that "they're used to it" when asked about playing without Gronk.

While we'd all love for him to never miss a down, at this point, you have to accept that you're going to have him for 12-13 games and not a full 16. What he provides when healthy is far more valuable in the playoffs than games vs. the Niners.

F&M brought up the fact that Gronk is probably just looking out for the business of Gronk just as the Patriots do; just look at how they moved on from Jones and Collins with no hesitation. If he's feels something is off, he's going to bring it up and sit out if necessary. He wants a have a long and successful career and if that means missing games, then so be it. Dude did play with a punctured lung just a couple games ago, so I don't really question his toughness either.

great points fellas, love this thread.

When you play THAT hard, you will get injured more often. Gronk has to keep getting better at going down or out of bounds. We will not go anywhere without him, even with home field advantage.

He is the ultimate mismatch in all the NFL.

Last edited:
i think offensively, we would be OK without Gronk this year as long as no one else gets hurt. still a lot of options.

the defense and OL holding up against tougher teams is a bigger concern for me rather than missing Gronk.

i think offensively, we would be OK without Gronk this year as long as no one else gets hurt. still a lot of options.

the defense and OL holding up against tougher teams is a bigger concern for me rather than missing Gronk.

I feel the same way, but we can't really sustain any other injuries. Brady's knee worries me, but I'm hoping that ends up being a non-issue. Malcolm Mitchell stepping up and Dion Lewis coming back is huge right now.

With that being said, man, these injuries to Gronk are so tough to deal with.

I feel the same way, but we can't really sustain any other injuries. Brady's knee worries me, but I'm hoping that ends up being a non-issue. Malcolm Mitchell stepping up and Dion Lewis coming back is huge right now.

With that being said, man, these injuries to Gronk are so tough to deal with.

this is flying under the radar but you nailed it, man. i think it's a bigger issue than anyone is letting on. we saw him miss 3-4 throws REAL bad against the Jets because of that knee. if the Raiders weren't right up on us, i almost would rest him a week and play Jimmy. but we can't afford to slip up.

Mitchell coming on is going to help us deal with Gronk being out big time. so will Dion Lewis being back. i hope Marty's ankle is OK. he's been banged up but is one tough *** dude.

All that Gronk talk the last page came right back around :lol:

This is the 3rd procedure on this back. At this point, does Gronk just hang it up or do the Patriots make the decision to cut ties? He's dealt with an injury every year it seems like besides 2014 and that's the year we won.

Back
Top Bottom