--- THE OFFICIAL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS THREAD --- OFFSEASON THREAD

What Are You Concerned About Heading Into This Season???

• Brady turning 40

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Safety

• Gostkowski

• Total voters
BB pre-game SB speech to the team can be "Do it for Gronk!!!"

or maybe he be byke by then? :nerd:

Last edited:
I don't even want to mention the Super Bowl. The road there definitely won't be easy now; not that it was going to be prior to Gronk's injury. The Ravens and Broncos will both give us good games as will the Jets again. And the Dolphins game may actually end up being for something.

As DSA mentioned, our offensive line and defense will have to play at a high level. I have confidence in the offensive line, but Brady's movement in the pocket could hide their mistakes and deficiencies. With his knee, they'll have less room for error. I could see all five defenses we have to face put tons of pressure on Brady and this offense struggling similar to the Jets game.

Brady recently claimed on a local radio interview that his 40-yard dash time is slightly faster now than during the college combine.
And that it allows him to have a 20 foot wide pocket rather than 6 foot as he has more explosive speed to push off with. No mention of knee issues.

I heard this about a week ago.

Yall feelin that, or...? :nerd:

Last edited:
Brady recently claimed on a local radio interview that his 40-yard dash time is slightly faster now than during the college combine.
And that it allows him to have a 20 foot wide pocket rather than 6 foot as he has more explosive speed to push off with. No mention of knee issues.

I heard this about a week ago.

Yall feelin that, or...? :nerd:

I believe it, dude is in incredible shape. His weekly diet is crazy, avoids caffeine and foods that cause inflammation, its working well

yeah i wouldn't doubt it. even just looking at dude's physique (no chester) now versus back in the combine. he's def transformed his body. he was pretty pathetic looking at the combine. do they use the gym at michigan? :lol:

Branch won his appeal, no suspension. Hardly see that happen, must have really done nothing wrong.

Gronk news sucks, but it feels different this year. I feel as if we can overcome it as long as the offense stays healthy otherwise. We are still stacked there. Hopefully we see more of Mitchell.

^ good news on Branch! huge news for our defense which needs all the help it can get.

i'm eager to see how Josh mixes it up now without Gronk. i know people freaked out because we struggled against the Jets with no Gronk. but now that we game plan knowing he's out, it should be better. plus the Jets usually play us tough, even with Gronk. offensively, we should be fine (let's just pray that Brady's knee is good)

Belichick deserves COY consideration, seriously.

i think the jury's out. if this team ends up faltering because of a game that goes like the seahawks game went, it'll be on him and the moves he made (or didn't make) with the defense.

but we'll see how it goes. i'm not buying the points/gm allowed stat just yet. i still think the defense is going to let us down.

Last edited:
The team that started it all got honored fittingly against the Rams today

Probably my fav selfie here :lol: :pimp:

View media item 2250669
On another note,the offense looks lowkey toothless without Gronk :\

Last edited:
^ dope :pimp:

dominant performance by the defense today. granted it was the Rams, but they absolutely shut them down (save for the final mess of a series :lol: ). sheard, van noy, nink, branch, logan ryan, butler all tremendous. cyrus jones stepped up when rowe went out. just all around, everyone played well. hope hightower isn't hurt too bad. took a dirty chop block.

offense was pretty bleh. the run game was awesome but they went too heavy most of the game. would like to see them spread it out more and go north south rather than passing out of big formations. hopefully amendola isn't too hurt...left in a walking boot and on crutches. it's his ankle though, and not the knee. so that's "good", relatively.

return of the GOATkowski? i hope so, need him to be big.

defense really needs to carry this performance forward versus baltimore on monday. i'm actually worried after seeing flacco take a dump on miami today. can't let him light us up like that. and then josh really needs a solid game plan for the offense. needs to keep it simple and stick with what works. don't get cute and don't get predictable with back to back runs.

man it annoys me when reporters keep asking guys on the team about TB12. tom this and tom that. give everyone their due. not all about tom.

that said, what butler said makes me feel better about it:

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 2m2 minutes ago
Malcolm Butler (re: Tom Brady): "A walking legend ... but he still comes to work like he hasn’t accomplished anything. I look up to that."

it's good the that tom is working hard day in day just like each of them. they see it and can appreciate it. doesn't act like he's above them and doesn't need to put in the time.

Last edited:
it's good the that tom is working hard day in day just like each of them. they see it and can appreciate it. doesn't act like he's above them and doesn't need to put in the time.

Da Gawd :nthat:

man it annoys me when reporters keep asking guys on the team about TB12. tom this and tom that. give everyone their due. not all about tom.

Malcolm Butler (re: Tom Brady): "A walking legend ... but he still comes to work like he hasn’t accomplished anything. I look up to that."

Word that's why you'll never hear a former teammate say a bad word about dude unlike some of these other "elite" QB's :lol:

That's my QB :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

View media item 2250865
Here's a cool mashup of all 201 in 201 seconds :lol: :smokin

Last edited:
high ankle sprain for Danny. they're going to get him healed and likely rest him until the playoffs. but that's another guy down and now it's going to really get tough on offense against teams like the ravens, broncos, and jets.

really going to need mitchell and hogan to step up to lighten the load for edelman and bennett who are both banged up as it is. thank god dion lewis is back and james white is playing well. no more damn injuries ffs

Last edited:
high ankle sprain for Danny. they're going to get him healed and likely rest him until the playoffs. but that's another guy down and now it's going to really get tough on offense against teams like the ravens, broncos, and jets.

really going to need mitchell and hogan to step up to lighten the load for edelman and bennett who are both banged up as it is. thank god dion lewis is back and james white is playing well. no more damn injuries ffs

Injuries again :smh:

I think Dola is a bit underrated. He catches just about everything thrown his way and most of the time, it's for a first down. We'll definitely need him for the playoffs. This stretch run will tell us quite a bit about this team as I think every game will be a good challenge. The offense looked underwhelming without Gronk, but they still got the job done. Regardless of the opponent, the defense showed up again and performed well. Hightower was pissed after that chop block and I'm glad he won't be missing any time. The last thing we need is an injury on that side of the ball to Hightower or Butler :smh:

Also, Cyrus Jones needs to get this *&% together. Every time he returns a punt or kick off, I feel like he's putting the ball on the ground. With Dola out, I'd rather not have to put Edelman out there. I saw White get an opportunity, but the fact that Cyrus can't just hold on to the ball is frustrating. He may eventually cost us a game.

it really is Cyrus' fault in a way that Danny went down :lol:

but man, Danny should have fair caught the ball that he got hurt on. no need to try and return that with dudes right there on you.

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 20s21 seconds ago
QBs targeting Ryan and Rowe over the last 3 weeks:

Ryan: 3 of 12, 36 yards, 4 PBU

Rowe: 4 of 12, 45 yards, 2 PBU

Undrafted rookie RB D.J. Foster draws a crowd after he was spotted working with WRs in parts of practice Wednesday.

meh i dunno about that. they should bring back keyshawn martin

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 1h1 hour ago
Patriots and WR Griff Whalen have agreed to terms on a 1-year deal through 2016. Helps fill Danny Amendola void.

Back
Top Bottom