The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

I just noticed this on my Infrareds.
2877216F-4294-423D-84BC-BC9A29580F0E.jpeg

Does anybody know how to get it off?
61iB3p7Q4kL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Not a deep story to this one... inspiration comes from my favorite childhood dish that I still eat every Sunday: Spam, eggs and rice.
love that dish, back in the days i was financially not as stable compared to now, and i would eat that for 1 week and second week i would fix some spam fried rice so that i could save up some money to buy Air Maxes, i would also add corn and onions to the egg and warm up some heinz tomato beans to go with the white rice

I just noticed this on my Infrareds.
2877216F-4294-423D-84BC-BC9A29580F0E.jpeg

Does anybody know how to get it off?

I've used this product in the past and it is a fairly thin paint so multiple coats will be necessary, if you want to speed things up use a heatgun/hair dryer sparingly.

You could also use a cotton bud/ q-tip with some acetone but you'll have to be very careful as you can remove the white paint on the midsole.

Spam and eggs
Not a deep story to this one... inspiration comes from my favorite childhood dish that I still eat every Sunday: Spam, eggs and rice. If there were some speckle options, it'd really hit off for me. Probably also needs a brighter yellow option.

nikeid

nikeid

hormel-spam-eggs-rice-900x450.jpg

🔥 Back in the days this was breakfast, lunch or dinner lol

Facing this right now with them. First delivery was scheduled for yesterday, which seemed early but the package location was updating. Then it was supposed to be today, but the package location updated removing the past location and now it's literally just a comma in the box where the location is supposed to be. Obviously not getting delivered today, so hopefully tomorrow. I feel like I'm headed for your same fate :lol: Hopefully they learn from this and stop using that delivery service, and hopefully they don't give me a hassle when I inevitably have to ask for a refund in the next couple of days.
Yeah, CDL needs to only be referenced as a commercial driver's license and not as a delivery service at this point. SMH I did express my concerns to Nordstrom's that they need to rethink using them for orders outside of NY or the Tri-State are at the very least because I do not think that they are ready to expand outside of same-day/next-day service in that market.

It sucks too because I have 2 pairs of AM90s in my cart on Nordstrom's site right now and I am afraid to buy them because they might use CDL again. Being that I might not be at home later this week, I do not want to go through the same mess again with them.

Screenshot_20220508-142001_Chrome.jpg

Yeah, CDL needs to only be referenced as a commercial driver's license and not as a delivery service at this point. SMH I did express my concerns to Nordstrom's that they need to rethink using them for orders outside of NY or the Tri-State are at the very least because I do not think that they are ready to expand outside of same-day/next-day service in that market.

It sucks too because I have 2 pairs of AM90s in my cart on Nordstrom's site right now and I am afraid to buy them because they might use CDL again. Being that I might not be at home later this week, I do not want to go through the same mess again with them.

Screenshot_20220508-142001_Chrome.jpg

Yep I never got mine. Finally emailed CDL like wtf and they were like 🤷‍♂️ "can't find them ****s". So I had to go back, just like you, and get a refund :smh:

Was gonna order from Nordstrom again but when I got to the last step I'm like why am I gonna repeat history? They'll just lose them again. So I talked to Nordstrom and now the order is coming (it's the ones right above this post) via a non-CDL company now.

So if you do have those sitting in your cart, talk to Nordstrom and see if they'll do faster shipping, and that might help you avoid CDL. But Nordstrom will have to complete the order for you and then the rep will separately send a payment request form thing after they confirm your info, then you pay and they'll ship em out.
They gotta get rid of CDL. Pronto

Yep I never got mine. Finally emailed CDL like wtf and they were like 🤷‍♂️ "can't find them ****s". So I had to go back, just like you, and get a refund :smh:

Was gonna order from Nordstrom again but when I got to the last step I'm like why am I gonna repeat history? They'll just lose them again. So I talked to Nordstrom and now the order is coming (it's the ones right above this post) via a non-CDL company now.

So if you do have those sitting in your cart, talk to Nordstrom and see if they'll do faster shipping, and that might help you avoid CDL. But Nordstrom will have to complete the order for you and then the rep will separately send a payment request form thing after they confirm your info, then you pay and they'll ship em out.
They gotta get rid of CDL. Pronto
Okay.....I will definitely hit up Nordstrom's to complete the order through their CS. Thanks for the info regarding that.....sorry that your package got lost, but I am glad that you were able to reorder them and not have them delivered by CDL.

ITA with you on them getting rid of CDL because they truly do not give a poop about the packages that they are delivering. I just got lucky that whoever in my neighborhood that received my package came to my house and dropped it off.

Speaking of nordstrom, latest pickup

20220508_143428.jpg
20220508_143501.jpg

Kinda indifferent on them, might send em back

Quality is good though
I saw those and thought that they looked nice, but knew that I would never wear them so I took them out of my cart. The quality does look nice on both these and the light blue/grey pair as well.

OAN: Nordstrom seems to be the spot for AM90s these days!

Got my Bacons delivered today.

Beautiful shoe, although the red isn’t as vibrant as it looks in pictures.

However, the squeak from the soles on my hardwood floor is louder than any shoe noise I’ve ever heard before. Is this normal? Does it get quieter over time as the shoes get worn in?

As they are right now, the squeak is so loud that I don’t even know if I could wear them to work.

Definitely not the air sole unit that’s the problem. They don’t squeak on carpet, only on hardwood or linoleum. The soles are creating some sort of sticky suction effect on the floor.

Last edited:
Got my Bacons delivered today.

Beautiful shoe, although the red isn’t as vibrant as it looks in pictures.

However, the squeak from the soles on my hardwood floor is louder than any shoe noise I’ve ever heard before. Is this normal? Does it get quieter over time as the shoes get worn in?

As they are right now, the squeak is so loud that I don’t even know if I could wear them to work.

Definitely not the air sole unit that’s the problem. They don’t squeak on carpet, only on hardwood or linoleum. The soles are creating some sort of sticky suction effect on the floor.
Ain't no one got no sole squeaking problem with their Bacons?

...or Air Max 90s in general?

Ain't no one got no sole squeaking problem with their Bacons?

...or Air Max 90s in general?
Supposedly, putting a little powder under the insole (take out the insole and sprinkle powder inside the shoe and then replace the insole over the powder) stops it, but I’ve never tried it myself.

Supposedly, putting a little powder under the insole (take out the insole and sprinkle powder inside the shoe and then replace the insole over the powder) stops it, but I’ve never tried it myself.
I think that's if the air sole unit is squeaking.

...I'm 99.9 certain that my outsoles are the problem.

Back
Top Bottom