THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Don't like to pass immediate judgement, but these look very underwhelming...like takedowns.  

Maybe Nike is doing this on purpose, pricing these at $160 and having them look like plain takedowns, so that it justifies pricing retros that might possibly release at premium prices ($220ish)?

Last edited:
So underwhelming. I was relying on the Kobes to be the one great sig this year and I have no confidence in the Lebrons. Plus, the Kyries don't look too good from the leaked pic. I think I might be done with basketball shoes besides checking out the special editions like BHM, ASGs and what not. It's not worth it to keep up with every release anymore.

So underwhelming. I was relying on the Kobes to be the one great sig this year and I have no confidence in the Lebrons. Plus, the Kyries don't look too good from the leaked pic. I think I might be done with basketball shoes besides checking out the special editions like BHM, ASGs and what not. It's not worth it to keep up with every release anymore.
Thinking along these same lines too.

Not going to complain about money saved though. 

I can't believe how many people dont like the look of these. 

I prefer the simple approach, and they look comfortable (looks can be deceiving though)

like many said, wait to see in person / other colorways

They're not complete trash, but they're not really something i need for $160

pretty sure certain cw's will make them look better tho

It's the same with all the Kobe's. People will say they don't like but once RD comes they're all in.

nerd.gif

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been mentioned in detail (apologize if it has been already), but these look like Kobe 10 tooling set-up with inspiration from the Mentality 1 for the upper and the Venomenon 5 heel cup, as well as cues from the Alpha Bounce/Ultra Boost. Overall the shoe doesn't look bad, but it looks far from impressive for $160. Hopefully they're comfortable on and off court. 

i like these any word on the tec? i hope they move away from the drop in midsoles even the full length zoom is clunky and with that heel counter a drop in unit is gonna be a clanger.

So.... Is this the 12? Because the $160 price seems more like a mentality. Was really looking forward for a 12 with better outsole.

I like them...don't love them. I see potential with a great colorway and if they have a flyknit version.

Def have some casual appeal. Even if it's not much in some minds...more than the LeBron line for sure which has zero casual appeal imo.

I will probably buy a pair, just to test performance but very low expectations.. The midsole looks pretty thick, not a big fan

Nike trying to follow the 11's footsteps

Ahhh.. I don't know how to feel about them. I got a feeling there will be some good colorways that will be worth copping. Holding out for some flyknits but I want know more about the tech before I pass judgement. If they are good performers I'm in.

I could see getting the first pair, just to try them out. I like grey shoes so I could stand to get those and perhaps call it a day. I went a lot harder on the 11 knowing it was his last model as a player.

Back
Top Bottom