THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

I don't think I've ever seen a signature shoe thread this dead. Not even 50 pages yet, jeez. I think a lot of people are being smart and realizing this shoe is not worth $160 at all, along with there being better shoes for less money. Also I think Kobe's retirement has to do with it. It's the same reason people love Jordans 1-13 and 14-31 are viewed less favorably. 

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever seen a signature shoe thread this dead. Not even 50 pages yet, jeez. I think a lot of people are being smart and realizing this shoe is not worth $160 at all, along with there being better shoes for less money. Also I think Kobe's retirement has to do with it. It's the same reason people love Jordans 1-13 and 14-31 are viewed less favorably. 

True about the Jordan comparison, I keep forgetting about that factor just because of IT Derozan and Wall tearing it up in them.

Other than the 4 variations of Crazy Explosive, what do you think's better (not that that isn't enough)

Wish they left the duck on the heel instead of the "0". Prob will cop if they hit Nike.com so I can use a 20% code

True about the Jordan comparison, I keep forgetting about that factor just because of IT Derozan and Wall tearing it up in them.

Other than the 4 variations of Crazy Explosive, what do you think's better (not that that isn't enough)

Hardens, Kyrie, PG all better looking than AD imo. Purely aesthetic though, I've only played in the Hardens

Man I wish I play indoors. I would love to break out all my kobes for the hardwood. I play pick up ball on sundays with a group and we play outdoors. Been using the zoom crusaders and some hyper dunks.

I really need to play indoors sometime so I can use my kobes.

Hyperdunk 2016? If so how's the traction holding up?

My thing is the sheep that're saying, "So & so reviewed them & said they don't like them so they've got to be bad..." without even trying them out for themselves. 

"Dudes are in here like " I dont see why anyone is complaining, I wore them for half a day casually on xmas and haven't put them on court yet":lol:

The difference between me & the others who said that is I know by wearing a shoe if I can ball in it or not. Some just by trying on. Last year's Venomenon, I knew in the store that I couldn't play in it so they never saw my money. These, I knew once they were on my feet that they were going straight to the court. 

Opinions are opinions, but people need to form their own first. 

Have you considered not everyone can cough up $160 + tax to try out a shoe? If it doesn't work for them, then that's $160 down the drain. Not all people know if they can play in a shoe just by walking around a retail store like you. Most people need to test it in a playing environment and Foot Locker ain't taking back no game worn ADs.

That's why consumers read reviews, to read an opinion they trust to make an informed decision. Most people read multiple reviews (Nightwing, Sole Bros, etc.) and don't put all their faith in just one.

Hyperdunk 2016? If so how's the traction holding up?

I played in the 2014 and 2015 hyperdunks. Tracking is fine on outdoor courts but they wear out quick. Obviously because it's outdoor. I'm a guard so I do quite a bit of running and cutting.

I rarely have traction problems with outdoor courts. But I go through shoes like every 2-3 months.

Have you considered not everyone can cough up $160 + tax to try out a shoe? If it doesn't work for them, then that's $160 down the drain. Not all people know if they can play in a shoe just by walking around a retail store like you. Most people need to test it in a playing environment and Foot Locker ain't taking back no game worn ADs.

That's why consumers read reviews, to read an opinion they trust to make an informed decision. Most people read multiple reviews (Nightwing, Sole Bros, etc.) and don't put all their faith in just one.
I understand that in most instances it can be a one & done deal when it comes to getting shoes for ball, but it got bad reviews by NTers solely because of what these little ***** dudes said &  not checking them out themselves. Plus, the big boys (Foot Locker, Champs, etc.) will sometimes take a shoe back even if you played in it. 

I understand that in most instances it can be a one & done deal when it comes to getting shoes for ball, but it got bad reviews by NTers solely because of what these little ***** dudes said & not checking them out themselves. Plus, the big boys (Foot Locker, Champs, etc.) will sometimes take a shoe back even if you played in it. 

B.S. it says directly on the receipt from Foot stores that only merchandise that is unworn can be returned. Maybe some managers make exceptions but it's 100% clear what the policy states and no informed consumer is going to take that chance based on heresay.

You may have the disposable income but for most this is their shoe they have to play in the entire season, if not more. This isn't a $10 lunch that you can write-off, it's $160+ shoes.

Reviews should always be taken with a grain of salt but if most reviewers are saying the same thing, they're probably right.

B.S. it says directly on the receipt from Foot stores that only merchandise that is unworn can be returned. Maybe some managers make exceptions but it's 100% clear what the policy states and no informed consumer is going to take that chance based on heresay.

You may have the disposable income but for most this is their shoe they have to play in the entire season, if not more. This isn't a $10 lunch that you can write-off, it's $160+ shoes.

Reviews should always be taken with a grain of salt but if most reviewers are saying the same thing, they're probably right.

If you wanna have peace of mind with trying the shoe out then purchase from Nike directly. They have a 30 day period where you can return the product for any reason if you do not like it's performance. They allow you to 'buy it, try it, and return' if you are not satisfied with the product. And I am sure that several members on NT have used this guarantee to try shoes themselves.

Back
Top Bottom