THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

I think Kuzma would wear the shoes, even if they had a 24 or 8 on them! He might get shipped, so Julius Randle would take over these duties! LOL
It doesn't matter who wear the shoes or not honestly, it's who gonna step up next season so they can actually have decent run to the playoffs. Everyone on the lakers team arent superstars or big ballers, if they keep playing like they did 2017-2018 season.[/QUOTE]

I'm at a point that I would rather see the young core build up than try and trade for all these players. Keep lonzo, kuz, and Ingram and you can trade the rest. Make whatever deal you can while keeping these guys

The team is comprised of rookies so they can’t do much in the West, But I rather take Devon Mitchell or Simmons any day over lonzo Ball in a scrimmage game.

So you gotta be an ex-pro player to have an opinion? There's a lot of garbage sports takes out there, don't take them too seriously. Every fan is going to be a homer for their team's players.

No, simply put, I'm not going to call players who go out and get 10+ PPG in the NBA trash. That's extreme, as many takes on the internet tend to be. It's either the greatest thing ever or trash.

Normally when the run is almost over and the new one is coming out
True, but there are rare occasions where you can get lucky. Just frequent a Nike outlet and you'll find some gems. I've found some when not even looking. Found Protro 1 for 89.99 and even thought I already bought them for full price (which I was pissed after the fact lol) i copped and hooked a homie up.

It’s 2018 and y’all still tripping about $200? It’s called inflation lol Use ebates or wait until they go on sale like most kobes!
lol I feel you bro. I'm not one to usually complain about price, but this the first Kobe I have saved a lot of money on. Just not feeling them; however, would pick up for under $100 easy just because.......

ebates!! Heck yea. I use it for everything. PLUG *** Peep my signature to sign up***

I don't mind sharing info with other nt'ers who truly like to ball or like sneakers in general. But some cats in hear wanna be slick and not plug us in. So if I personally know your S/N I'll pm you.

I had plugs back in NYC for the employee disco but not anymore since moving to Texas.

I was gonna pull the trigger this weekend but FTL employees got me annoyed when they kept over asking me for help. Very turnered of by that kinda stuff when I'm shopping in general.
Man those employee discounts don't work on QS. I mean I take that back, they do, the computer doesn't reject them, but there's an internal word of mouth going on from employee to employee that says they can't. SMH pisses me off when they say that, because I know for a fact it works they just dont wanna do it. The computer won't reject it or throw up an error. Since it doesn't then that means it works lol

I've been wearing them casually. I agree they feel flimsy in the toe-box area, but I think it's deceiving. I've used nylon fishing line that can withstand quite a bit of weight/pull, and thats a single ultra-slim strand. That said, perception counts a lot. If people think it feels cheap... I think where this model is going to suffer (for a flyknit sneaker) is in the weave. You can see on the next release that they can't really pull off a multicolor weave because the front panel is so sparsely woven. They have to restrict the multi-weave to the back of the shoe where it's a thicker weave. If I still played ball, I'm confident these would be performance beasts...it's just that aesthetics are going to suffer. And as someone who now pretty much wears Kobes casually, looks matter. Especially at $200.

And that's another thing. As someone who has been a lurker on here for a decade, and has posted for a few years... People like sneakers that the player wore in game. Those have been the Kobes most wanted, and some of those PEs are some people's grails. It's the same with Js...people want OG colorways that MJ wore on court. Now that Kobe is retired, I think it's asking a bit to charge $200. Flip-side, I think Nike could get away with a $225-$240 price-point for retros of PEs, HTMs, etc.
Yea my least fave Kobe aesthetic wise so far besides a few others. SMH I laugh when people have that mindset about only liking or wanting to wear kicks that players actually wore in a game. That's some kid sh(t and always has me rolling. That's some serious fan boy ish

Unless you desparately need a new pair of ball kicks and these are your #1 option or the pair will sell out, I just think paying $200 isn't the smartest thing to do. Not trying to knock anyone paying full price. Plus Kobe isn't even in the league anymore so they're an even harder selling point at $200 regardless of the tech. There's a reason Jordans 1-14 are the most popular and the best sellers.

There was a signature shoe (can't remember which player) and Nike promoted all the fancy new tech on their website and they were on the upwards of $180+. Then about a month later, someone posted a picture on NT of every single pair of that shoe discounted at a Foot Locker at $30-$40 less. Bottom line is their full prices are BS. Eventually when these get marked down they'll be what the "real" price should be.
Yea can't stand when I pay full price only to see them in Outlets for 60% off of what I paid for them. SMH that is why I refuse to pay retail going forward and will wait unless I know for sure it will sellout.

The Kobe 11 elite started at 200 with the same tech they had been using for the past 3 years, a few colorways went for even more. The regular nxt was 200. 200 is simply what Kobe’s cost now. I don’t see what the issue is, we have been here before.
I agree $200 is a standard price now for the elites. But now that they have been sitting (so sad) lol i'll just wait so I can get 2 for the price of 1.

The protro bc kobe actually wore them
bruh quoting myself

"SMH I laugh when people have that mindset about only liking or wanting to wear kicks that players actually wore in a game. That's some kid sh(t and always has me rolling. That's some serious fan boy ish."

I’d like a pair of protos but if I ever won the chance to give nike my money I’d end up selling them. Their resale is in the “what the hell I’ll just buy more shoes with the resale” bracket

I’d like a pair of protos but if I ever won the chance to give nike my money I’d end up selling them. Their resale is in the “what the hell I’ll just buy more shoes with the resale” bracket
You sir are what's wrong with the sneaker community!

Lol jkjk makes perfect sense. Id do the same. #metoo

Picked up a pair of silver Mamba Instincts for peanuts at the local outlet. I was ecstatic to find that my XI insoles fit perfectly. With the added front foot free grooves and Zoom bag this thing is pretty dang close to my XI elites underfoot. The upper feels different but I'm still working with the lacing. I do dig the lacing scheme even though I haven't gotten it just right yet.

Especially with the XI midsole, these are going to be fun to hoop in outdoors.

So haven't given Kobes a chance after the first ADs dropped. The bad reviews and just bland look turned me off, then the weird sheath covered ad nxts, then the mids released and those turned me off more...thought the Kobe line was dead to me and was looking around for other brands/bball shoes. Seriously considered hardens/crazylight and some Jordan lows. Luckily in a way, lol, I tore my ACL and then a meniscus right after I was recovered, and was out of the market. These dropped and the reviews started coming in, along with I thought they were pretty dope looking and reminded me of the jump that the 8 made in performance and tech...and how much I loved that shoe.

Welp, gave in and got the infrareds at full price, finally healthy and ready to ball. These are f'ing amazing performance wise and look dope in hand. I warmed up doing some sprints before hooping today and you can legit feel the air going through the f'in shoe on your feet...the breathability of these is insane, I've never ever felt that ****. The lockdown is great with a lot of lace space to tighten further. The traction doesn't squeak like the 9 but I had absolutely no slippage. The cushion is just right. Honestly, when I find a shoe like this, that feels amazing hooping/lifting and looks great, like the 8 and 9...which I'm sure many of us bought WAAAY too many of haha, but you fall in love. I have no problem paying for at least a few more pairs of these, and prob will stash a few. 10 out of f'ing 10. Kobes are back Imo

Back
Top Bottom