THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

I don’t get it. Proceeds go to Gigi’s charity. So why not produce a million shoes and make more money for the foundation?

Because these were produced already and just sitting in a warehouse. These were made a bit under 2 years ago. It was probably just going to be a regular release without all the foundation donations.

I think the inclusion of GiGi was always going to tie the proceeds back to the foundation. The other colorways will be business as usual.

Because these were produced already and just sitting in a warehouse. These were made a bit under 2 years ago. It was probably just going to be a regular release without all the foundation donations.
Ppl do keep forgetting that these were low key made 2 years ago

Just got my shipping notification from Fedex: showing Friday delivery to Bay Area. Nike App still showing “preparing shipment”.

going back to this chart…. Can someone compare the total numbers to an average “general” or “limited” release?
1F1ED957-3539-4D16-A38C-51F246EBD71E.jpeg

going back to this chart…. Can someone compare the total numbers to an average “general” or “limited” release?
I just messaged my boy who gifted me the grafitti 8s as he to had them in his kart but then couldn't checkout. A part of me feels they will have a reg release and this one was to link to her 16th bday. Like when they thought of it way back summer/fall of 2020... like did they just think of about 93k to go to snkrs(don't know if it's been said on the amount SP and Undefeated got)... as opposed to the numbers the POPS had. Cuz around production I don't think or presume the issue of the new contract was in existence. POPs production dates Oct 2020 to Dec 2020.

Well the total there is 93,264. Compare it to say, for example the 11s which release in December where they make a million pairs.
I just messaged my boy who gifted me the grafitti 8s as he to had them in his kart but then couldn't checkout. A part of me feels they will have a reg release and this one was to link to her 16th bday. Like when they thought of it way back summer/fall of 2020... like did they just think of about 93k to go to snkrs(don't know if it's been said on the amount SP and Undefeated got)... as opposed to the numbers the POPS had. Cuz around production I don't think or presume the issue of the new contract was in existence. POPs production dates Oct 2020 to Dec 2020.

I think for sure we will see a further release, either in the US or somewhere else in the world. Just need to be patient and don't feed the resellers.

Yeah but what’s a GR for a Kobe?

100,000?

250,000?

I honestly didn’t feel like the numbers for the original releases were super high compared to a Jordan retro, Lebron or KD.

Back
Top Bottom