The Official Nike Kobe Retro Thread

honestly I don't think resell is going to be that high on some neutral color kobes. The prices eventually gonna fall down like Preludes. 

honestly I don't think resell is going to be that high on some neutral color kobes. The prices eventually gonna fall down like Preludes. 
Nice! I hope you're right man!

And I hate ghost chairs....this morning at the Grove there were probably 20-30 ghost chairs in front of me.

Nice! I hope you're right man!

And I hate ghost chairs....this morning at the Grove there were probably 20-30 ghost chairs in front of me.

LOL I would have moved in front of every one of them. I don't play that mess. If you aren't here, you aren't here.

LOL I would have moved in front of every one of them. I don't play that mess. If you aren't here, you aren't here.
Problem is that I was by myself and I have no idea who I messing with.

This release sucked, I remember you posting say you want a set. I really want a set also but it's pretty much hopeless from now on.

Damn that sucks. The 1s release was nothing like that. 1 per person, no ghost chairs or anything.

I would've left the ghost chairs there, but I would've stepped in front of them in line. When they come back, how they're going to remember I wasn't ahead of them. 

But honestly, I probably would have paid a dude in the front selling spots. One of the very few times I stood in line, people in front were selling spots but the dudes behind that one dude wasn't going to let anybody cut, so he said if you buying a spot ahead, you're paying me as well. 

Still, I can't believe there were only 72 pairs at the Grove...that's like somewhere between 5-7 pairs per size depending on the size.

And we're in Los Angeles...home of the Lakers. It's crazy how's there's barely any avenues to to buy these shoes. And KobeBryant.com was useless.

Last edited:

I might go talk to The Grove about this. That is a bogus line.

People need to stick together and fight for what's right. If you're not there you're not there. That is no legit line. Then you have people cut the line in the morning.

Last edited:
What time did you get there @drcali?
I got there pretty late, just after 6:15. Was number 100-110th in line?

There were 72 pairs, So I would probably have to get there at 2-3am to get the size i wanted.

it's only going to get worst. The 2K4 were pretty easy to get, even the KB1.

There were 72 pairs, So I would probably have to get there at 2-3am to get the size i wanted.

:wow: I got there at 930 on Wednesday and got my pair, don't have time for those type of shenanigans, guess I'll be good with my 1s unless I luck up on the draw.

Last edited:
I might go talk to The Grove about this. That is a bogus line.
People need to stick together and fight for what's right. If you're not there you're not there. That is no legit line. Then you have people cut the line in the morning.

Please let me know how they respond. I want to make it out but not if I have to deal with some ghost chair bs

Please let me know how they respond. I want to make it out but not if I have to deal with some ghost chair bs

I won't be able to talk to them for the Kobe II because I work soon, but eventually I will get over there and talk to a manager or whoever is in charge. The ghost chairs aren't legit when most of the time the people aren't there. A line is when you get there and you STAY. I'm surprised The Grove is allowing that nonsense.

6:15am!? crazy i went at 8am for the Kobe 1 and was number 43. i could of showed up at 9am and still have a shot at a pair. Man the hype just keeps building

Oh ok, I would've skipped and fell in place, wouldn't wait behind a bunch of Ghost chairs

How much do you guys think the FTBs will be from the resellers? Unfortunately, I think I will strike out on all of the releases. I need a backup plan to at least get the III's.

You guys think these will be more expensive than the preludes (400-500)?

How much do you guys think the FTBs will be from the resellers? Unfortunately, I think I will strike out on all of the releases. I need a backup plan to at least get the III's.

You guys think these will be more expensive than the preludes (400-500)?

who knows... but this pack is defintely more limited than preludes.... preludes dropped in other citys, not just in 3 citys

but I wouldn't drop more money for neutral color kobes than I would for Preludes tho. We'll see. Once the hype dies down a little, the price will hit the average. And we have a prelude pack to compare them to.

I'm still looking for a prelude 3 under 4 bills. Honestly would rather have that one than the FTB 3s.

I'm still looking for a prelude 3 under 4 bills. Honestly would rather have that one than the FTB 3s.
I think searching locally is key for that. I found someone selling prelude III's in my size (10.5) in my city.

where are you searching for the prelude III's? Just curious.

Back
Top Bottom