The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

I hope so...I really want them and I was telling someone I drove 6 1/2 hours from VA to The Foot locker on 34th street only to strike out...that is how bad I wanted them and not to resell

Last edited:
Retro'd = over

I'll prob ebay a pair before these ever get retro'd gotta support the TX asg shoes and these are the nicest ones from the 2010 ASG collection, and I went with the Barkely posites A72 for 2013 Houston ASG better get too hat, hoodie, tee, the real dilemma is what to go with for the 96 Alamo ASG so many great ASG shoes made

@dwoodactennis This is like the worst dream coming true for the LeBron 14
frown.gif
The opening of the KD9's broke in a little bit making them easier to access after a week or two, maybe that will happen here.  New shoes are always stiffer too.  We can hope.  
Repped for the solid review. Much appreciated.

Not too sure about your true to size comments though. The LBJ VIII and IX were notoriously shorter in length - you had to go up a 0.5 size at the very minimum vs. the rest of the LBJ line while certain colourways of the IX required a full size up. Also the IV was about 0.5 too big but it's quite far removed from the XIV so we can leave it out for comparison's sake.

The XII and XIII had sizing consistent with earlier LBJs vs. VIII & IX, but you contradict this in your post by saying that this shoe is shorter overall than the XII & XIII. So in essence it looks like this shoe might fit like the VIII & IX requiring that you go a 0.5 size up vs. your normal size?
I would agree the IV's are a half size big, but I guess with older Brons I'm not really hooping in them anymore so my desired fit in the newer models varies slightly from older models.  The list I gave was merely what I typically wear in most models, that said, I'm sure I could go up or down a half size in some of them.  But for me, I have extremely narrow feet, so sometimes I would compromise length to get a better width, like the 8's and 9's, I probably need a 10 length wise, but I go down to a 9.5 for a better fit width wise.  For me the XII was decent length wise, but the XIII was extremely long in my opinion.  Like I said, people may have a different fit/feel based upon their foot shape and preference for fit, just giving you my opinion, and was using the comparison of the XIII's since that's the most recent sig.  I guess with the XIV's I just assumed since they are a one piece construction essentially, they might be snug, but was surprised how much room was actually there once the foot is in.  I think most will like that space compared to his recent shoes.     
Hey dwood you forgot to review how good the black laces look in the shoe [emoji]128514[/emoji]
Saving that for my update.  
nthat.gif
laugh.gif

a little off topic, but...

according to that release date pic, there is supposed to be a azg as qs. it'd be great if it was the same one that didn't release do to lbj not making the squad; minus the LA logo. i know there'll probably be a lot of sample collectors that may be angry if they release, but this updated pair would be different. and kudos to the member that said all star cw's started in 04. that's when nike started their all star cw campaign. there was definitely players wearing special cw's from other companies (i.e. dada cdubbz chrome in 02), but the boom wasn't until 2004...in LA of all places. it would be a little weird if bron and the other nike elite athlete's didn't get an all star cw or at least a PE.

this was a dope shoe.
View media item 2319988View media item 2319991View media item 2319992

Last edited:
Dwood did not disappoint with the review, good read :smokin

Is there ample amount of padding on the interior of the heel? KD9 had the right amount so no Achilles rubbing or discomfort.

Did the strap give off a godly feel on free throws at least since it doesn't seem to really do much? * you don't have to answer this as it's an old reference haha

Last edited:
But the oonw was $175  

O ok i stopped payin attention after i saw $200 on the SNKRS app...and i thought i saw some paperwork for AS kicks but it seems like Nike is using the BHM kicks to highlight the weekend in NOLA but will have the Jordan AS styles

The opening of the KD9's broke in a little bit making them easier to access after a week or two, maybe that will happen here.  New shoes are always stiffer too.  We can hope.  

I would agree the IV's are a half size big, but I guess with older Brons I'm not really hooping in them anymore so my desired fit in the newer models varies slightly from older models.  The list I gave was merely what I typically wear in most models, that said, I'm sure I could go up or down a half size in some of them.  But for me, I have extremely narrow feet, so sometimes I would compromise length to get a better width, like the 8's and 9's, I probably need a 10 length wise, but I go down to a 9.5 for a better fit width wise.  For me the XII was decent length wise, but the XIII was extremely long in my opinion.  Like I said, people may have a different fit/feel based upon their foot shape and preference for fit, just giving you my opinion, and was using the comparison of the XIII's since that's the most recent sig.  I guess with the XIV's I just assumed since they are a one piece construction essentially, they might be snug, but was surprised how much room was actually there once the foot is in.  I think most will like that space compared to his recent shoes.     

Saving that for my update.  
nthat.gif
laugh.gif

I have narrow feet as well, and I completely agree about compromising length for a better width.  I have Lebrons from IX - XII, all TTS, and the while X-XII fit well, the IX fits a little short, like I could have went a .5 size up.  The crazy thing is, I only have the swingman and dunkman IXs, and IMO the swingmans feel shorter in length than the dunkmans. 

Dwood did not disappoint with the review, good read
smokin.gif

Is there ample amount of padding on the interior of the heel? KD9 had the right amount so no Achilles rubbing or discomfort.

Did the strap give off a godly feel on free throws at least since it doesn't seem to really do much? * you don't have to answer this as it's an old reference haha
Thanks man.
nthat.gif

That "godly shin feel on the free throws" though....absolute classic!
laugh.gif
  There is a really good amount of padding on the interior of the heel, it wraps your Achillie's very well, no rubbing, just nice soft yet secure hold/padding.  I tried to (and failed) take a picture of it in that comparison pic from the top with the KD9's but the black interior makes it hard to distinguish.  It's softer padding than the Jordan XXX heel pad, and more similar to that in the KD9, but a bit more substantial than the KD9 padding, but feels just as good, no rubbing or irritation at all.  It reminds me those neck pillows that wrap around your neck to sleep on an airplane, that same U shape.   

I have narrow feet as well, and I completely agree about compromising length for a better width.  I have Lebrons from IX - XII, all TTS, and the while X-XII fit well, the IX fits a little short, like I could have went a .5 size up.  The crazy thing is, I only have the swingman and dunkman IXs, and IMO the swingmans feel shorter in length than the dunkmans. 
You are right, there has definitely been sizing discrepancies amongst colorways over the years within the same model.  I remember it in the XI's as well.  

Last edited:

No worries my man and I wasn't calling you out. Just a bit frustrating with Nike's lack of consistency in sizing as a lot of us are purchasing them online and with all this limited garbage (plus the fact that I'm in Canada) making it hassle to try anything on.

Those ASG AZGs are probably the best I've ever seen the shoe look. Hopefully there's some better looks at the vachetta tan ones, because they look pretty bad from what I've seen.

Back
Top Bottom