The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

let's be honest the LeBron line was a 2/3 year fad to sneaker heads and "collectors" starting with the South Beach 8. You had a handful of collectors that jumped on the LeBron line and a few that were legitimate fans. LeBron's entire line went on sale traditionally. The only things that sold out where the super limited releases and the PEs were coveted.

Most of these so-called collectors have to be told what to buy and what is fresh. The current wave is socks with soles and the ever present Jordan retros. I am glad that they have moved on.

IV is my all-time favorite, so durable and comfortable. Great design, can't wait for the retro

1 thru 4 were very popular

I-III did OK retail wise, IV may have been popular on NT but the general public did not feel them at all. Nike took a major L on those as damn near entire size runs were RTVed (returned to vendor).

Over here in Canada, were had the IV selling alongside the VI. Canadian retail is extremely whack as retailers here are super hesitant to blow anything out. Eventually after holding out for 2 years they liquidated the IVs for about $20-$30.

let's be honest the LeBron line was a 2/3 year fad to sneaker heads and "collectors" starting with the South Beach 8. You had a handful of collectors that jumped on the LeBron line and a few that were legitimate fans. LeBron's entire line went on sale traditionally. The only things that sold out where the super limited releases and the PEs were coveted.

Most of these so-called collectors have to be told what to buy and what is fresh. The current wave is socks with soles and the ever present Jordan retros. I am glad that they have moved on.

Well said, the timing coincided with the 'sneaker game' going mainstream and you had Pokemon 'Catch 'em all' type band-wagoners hop onto the sneaker fad. These cats were buying damn near everything that was churned out.

Too many people having about 30+ pairs of shoes between just the 2-3 years you specified (IX-XI) so there's a natural burnout.

Well said, the timing coincided with the 'sneaker game' going mainstream and you had Pokemon 'Catch 'em all' type band-wagoners hop onto the sneaker fad. These cats were buying damn near everything that was churned out.

Too many people having about 30+ pairs of shoes between just the 2-3 years you specified (IX-XI) so there's a natural burnout.

Yep. And I think they rushed production on the XI due to the lines popularity. To make a foam toebox that small was ridiculous. Bron not being able to stand behind that shoe halted the entire lines momentum.

A lot of revisionist history is being used to prove the "fall off." Only real difference is that the production numbers and retail price is higher for lower quality materials

Last edited:
2011-2012 was the peak of Nike hype.

Year of the 3, Concord 11, Metallic Red Foams, Year of the 4, Galaxy Pack, Yeezy 2s, Miami Vice LeBron 9s, Christmas Pack, Bred 11s. Nike was on a roll that year.

2011-2012 was the peak of Nike hype.

Year of the 3, Concord 11, Metallic Red Foams, Year of the 4, Galaxy Pack, Yeezy 2s, Miami Vice LeBron 9s, Christmas Pack, Bred 11s. Nike was on a roll that year.

NT nickname & join date corroborate all the above! Repped my dude! :lol:

Yep. And I think they rushed production on the XI due to the lines popularity. To make a foam toebox that small was ridiculous. Bron not being able to stand behind that shoe halted the entire lines momentum.

A lot of revisionist history is being used to prove the "fall off." Only real difference is that the production numbers and retail price is higher for lower quality materials

Quoted and emphasized for fact.

Repped for truth/accuracy. 
nthat.gif

Brons aren't limited anymore, so beasts have mostly left.  Good riddance. 

Repped for truth/accuracy.  :nthat:

Exactly.

Side note, I just pulled out my DS svsm Vs from the OUTLET (just realized I got 4 pairs of the great 8 V1 from the OUTLET)... The V is a underrated shoe. The Craftsmanship for a GR is on these is crazy. The stitching, the foam on the heel, detailing, the comfort on a heavier shoe...wish I had more Vs. I never appreciated them, which is why this is the only pair I have. Too busy buying jordan retros that I eventually sold off lol.

it was a west coast outlet if i remember correctly, it was the 1 pair of 13's i didnt expect to hit outlet. it wasnt a return either
mean.gif
Damn, I really wanted those can't get them anywhere in my area. How much are 9/9.5's going for these days?

Repped for truth/accuracy. 
nthat.gif

100. Repped

Last edited:

You and vood99 vood99 dropping straight facts.

I remember clearly how dudes were going NUTS over the SOBE joints. To the point where the LACES were in high demand.

And I also remember Nike taking full advantage with their price hikes to absurd levels. :x

$200 and up retail kicks became the norm. :smh:

So glad that the hype has faded. Cuz now sub-$120, damn near sub one hundred (factory stores) is the new norm. :pimp:

Nike can kick rocks.

Damn, I really wanted those can't get them anywhere in my area. How much are 9/9.5's going for these days?

If I backtracked and read correctly that this was referring to the DB 13s, we had them here in Las Vegas at our North outlet for MONTHS. They actually went off the floor and back on the floor a few times. Started with I think at least 2 FSRs, but even our size 9.5 sat forever. They never dropped the price below 199, so I never grabbed them. The eventually remaining sizes may have ended up on hash.....I'm having trouble remembering that for sure, but I kind of recall seeing like....a size 8 back there one time.

So much truth! 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom