The Official Nike LeBron XII Thread- "July 4th/USA" & "King's Cloak/Red Paisley" 06/27/15

What is your favorite LeBron XII release?

• NSRL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HOAL

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dunk Force

• Instinct

• Six Meridians

• Data

• Christmas

• Trillion Dollar Man

• 23 Chromosomes

• BHM

• Court Vision

• All-Star/Flatiron

• Double Helix

• What If?

• Flight

• CLE

• Wheat

• Lows

• Elites

• NSW

• Total voters

Y'all seen this yet?? 
roll.gif

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/lebron-lion-on-the-beach-t-shirt/pid-1536427/pgid-1536425
It's things like this...(just dropped a few days ago) that make me think that "6" on the tongue is just laziness by Nike.  They already had their stuff made, so they don't care, it's going out for sale!  
grin.gif

It's things like this...(just dropped a few days ago) that make me think that "6" on the tongue is just laziness by Nike.  They already had their stuff made, so they don't care, it's going out for sale!  >D

The 6 on the tongue is a reference to the 6 million dollar man tv show.

The lion on the beach shirt is lazy, but on the other hand, there's not much else they can do with the last remaining Miami stuff they've already made other than to try and sell it. I don't think it's a stretch that they originally intended the trillion dollar man colorway to be a reference to the old TV show, but obviously it would've worked a lot better if he was still wearing #6. It might still be possible that they'll change it by the time retail pairs release, and the ones at the event with the #6 were samples. Guess we'll see.

Last edited:
The lion on the beach shirt is lazy, but on the other hand, there's not much else they can do with the last remaining Miami stuff they've already made other than to try and sell it. I don't think it's a stretch that they originally intended the trillion dollar man colorway to be a reference to the old TV show, but obviously it would've worked a lot better if he was still wearing #6. It might still be possible that they'll change it by the time retail pairs release, and the ones at the event with the #6 were samples. Guess we'll see.

Yea your probably right, think bronny was supposed to be the bionic 6 "trillion dollar man", not mad doe.

Luv the twelve, they can drop as many heat inspired cw's as they please...

The detail on the TDM are ridiculous! The pattern underneath the sole and on the swoosh are amazing. I hope they give us those options on IDs

Those NSRL's are the main pair that I want. I like the lighter more flashy colors. Really makes the shoes pop more.

I honestly think the 6 is in reference to the 6 million dollar man. All the other pairs have the twelve dots so they clearly wanted an emphasis on the number 6 for the TDMs specifically to go along with the theme. BUT I do think they intended it to double nicely as a reference to his number as well. Personally, I think the dots would work much better just because of the confusion it's causing.

Back
Top Bottom