The Official Nike LeBron XII Thread- "July 4th/USA" & "King's Cloak/Red Paisley" 06/27/15

What is your favorite LeBron XII release?

• NSRL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HOAL

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dunk Force

• Instinct

• Six Meridians

• Data

• Christmas

• Trillion Dollar Man

• 23 Chromosomes

• BHM

• Court Vision

• All-Star/Flatiron

• Double Helix

• What If?

• Flight

• CLE

• Wheat

• Lows

• Elites

• NSW

• Total voters
So these things are the air units

Wonder if they make a difference

Ya since the air units are separated into the hexagonal units they will provide better flexibility and allow closer to a natural motion compared to the normal full length zoom unit used in Lebron's in the past.  Also will supply explosiveness directly on the pressure points on the foot when jumping and running.  I'm very interested in trying these out on the court, also wanna get the trainers that have the same design that were announced today.

Not gonna lie, those pods make me want to attempt to play basketball again at the gym lol.....I might just stick to skipping around on the hardwood when nobody is there though :lol:

They have some trainers coming out with the same sole

Not gonna lie, those pods make me want to attempt to play basketball again at the gym lol.....I might just stick to skipping around on the hardwood when nobody is there though 
laugh.gif
They have some trainers coming out with the same sole
yeah they were shown back int the beginnings of the thread

@VentureBlake  can't wait to see your skipping video
laugh.gif

He was wearing a blackout sample before colorways were even revealed.  I mean,  I know practice is different than game time....but I would like to know at one point did he figure out that the XI wasn't working for him
I wondered the same thing, and it's never been discussed by him in any detail.  His PR guy had a nice set of lines for that issue yesterday, and all he said was he wore tested the XI extensively but practice is not the same as a game and the season so he didn't find out the issue until the season hit, so they just started working on the XII right away to avoid the same issue.  

I've always wanted to hear Bron speak on this myself, but with the amount of money he is making with Nike and his contract all you would get is the corporate lines routine. Agree with the statement above anything regarding why he didn't wear the 11 was a prepared answer.

yo does anyone have any info on a nike+ version??? kinda disappointed that they did away with it, I really enjoy my x+ its awesome to know how many steps I take during my hoop sessions 

Read somewhere the other day that Nike+ basketball and training will no longer be supported. Also will be removed from the app store.

-- the protruding zoom bag in the heel makes me wonder if we will see the same deal as the Jordan 28 (popped zoom bags), but instead of the forefoot, it would be in the heel. Guess we will have to stay tuned...

Last edited:
He was wearing a blackout sample before colorways were even revealed.  I mean,  I know practice is different than game time....but I would like to know at one point did he figure out that the XI wasn't working for him

It is highly possible that he wore his wear test samples a bit more extensively so that they actually broke in. Foamposite shoes are notorious for having a long break in time - you can't just put on a new pair and start hooping.

I hope these don't go through the same defects as the jordan xx8's with the popped zoom bags..it would be absolute hell with so many individual zoom bags!

If you put the 9 and 11 together I think you would get the 12 as far As how they look

Any word if these are a tight for people with wide feet like the 11's are? specifically where it feels like your pinky toe is getting squashed.

Any word if these are a tight for people with wide feet like the 11's are? specifically where it feels like your pinky toe is getting squashed.
Based on experience with Brons I am expecting them to run small. Will be pleasantly surprised if it's a TTS proposition.

I hope these don't go through the same defects as the jordan xx8's with the popped zoom bags..it would be absolute hell with so many individual zoom bags!
Yep, that would be a nightmare. Think I'm gonna have to wait a bit to hear some reviews before I step on court in a pair of these. Think the red and white joints are the best looking Brons in a while though.

Why LeBron ditched his last signature shoe and won't ditch the new one

Sep 17, 2014, 9:27am PDT UPDATED: Sep 17, 2014, 9:40am PDT

Last season NBA superstar LeBron James sometimes ditched his signature Nike shoe in favor of an older model.

At Tuesday's launch of this year's signature shoe— his 12th — I asked James about the problems with last year's shoe and what's he done to perfect this year's model.

"That's the great thing about my partnership with Nike," he said. "If both sides don't feel like the shoe fits the athlete then we're going to continue to go back to the lab until we figure it out and that's what we did.

"We went to the lab a lot. It hurt both of us. But (the shoe) wasn't performing the way we wanted it to perform at a high level the way Nike and myself are capable of performing."

James said he put more time into this year's model and has been working on it "full throttle" for the last three or four weeks. He also tested it during last year's playoff run.

"We wanted to get on this right away so we wouldn't have the same problems," James said.

"It's given me great response."

The shoe features new technology known as Hex Zoom that provides different levels of padding to different stress parts of the foot. The technology was developed at Nike's Sport Research Lab.

"It's a shoe defined by extreme precision as well as explosive performance," said Nike Brand President Trevor Edwards, who introduced James at an event at Nike's headquarters. "And it has everything that

LeBron needs in a basketball shoe. In a word, it's the best."

Nike has been on an innovation hot streak in recent years, with several game-changing technologies hitting the market, including its Flyknit woven-shoe technology and its Lunarlon cushioning technology. It's also on a patent tear.

It's a shame because the 11's look so nice and these do also, i'll have to try them on in person which is annoying.

venom lyrix venom lyrix Thanks for that post...repped!

All that plus I don't think they want to see as many pairs sitting on sale/discount racks, but hey, sales are sales no matter what. As soon as retailers (FTL, FA, FNL, Champs, EB) get their stock, Nike has already made their money. Retailers need to pay for stock. It's when stuff get RTV'd that it starts to not look so good.

If their "research and testing" and with Bron back in Cleveland, I would think sales to be just as good if not better than the X, and XI. Especially if he is wearing these this year.

Back
Top Bottom