The Official Nike LeBron XII Thread- "July 4th/USA" & "King's Cloak/Red Paisley" 06/27/15

What is your favorite LeBron XII release?

• NSRL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HOAL

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dunk Force

• Instinct

• Six Meridians

• Data

• Christmas

• Trillion Dollar Man

• 23 Chromosomes

• BHM

• Court Vision

• All-Star/Flatiron

• Double Helix

• What If?

• Flight

• CLE

• Wheat

• Lows

• Elites

• NSW

• Total voters
At this rate I wouldn't evevn be mad if we saw the the XIII's already
smile.gif

All I'm waiting on is the Wheats, Palmers, Rose Golds, Corks, Cav's Colorway, ID4's and maybe another EXT or two
eyes.gif

Oh yea and maybe a Champ Pack
nerd.gif

Other then that there isn't too much for me left to look forward too
laugh.gif
ALL you're looking for? Tell 'em how you really feel

Yea and his sig and maybe the old L23. I'm just curious on if nike would let bron be his own brand like Jb has become. We are getting a bit down the road now.
IF JB hadnt saved the game shoe with the 28, it couldve been possible. LeBron sales are more than the rest of his competitors combined! (Save for Durant - so Kobe, Rose, etc).

Yea and his sig and maybe the old L23. I'm just curious on if nike would let bron be his own brand like Jb has become. We are getting a bit down the road now.
IF JB hadnt saved the game shoe with the 28, it couldve been possible. LeBron sales are more than the rest of his competitors combined! (Save for Durant - so Kobe, Rose, etc).

Long term... Long term.

so those tire edition ext's still coming out sat? not even on nikes release calendar and the FL I stopped at looked at me like I had 3 eyes

I honestly doubt they will but I was thinking about the lebron soldiers 2-4 and how they use the lebron logo and I think if you take the nike check off those and keep the lebron logo that they will still look good. Same thing with the lebron 3-5 they would still look good without the nike check but honestly nike puts so much big branding on shoes now that I think it's unlikely.

Last edited:
Part of me wants them to keep the swoosh on, the LBJ logo whether it be L23 or the Crown isn't as recognizable as the jumpman and IMO doesn't look as good.  But I guess it all depends on the execution of it if they do decide to drop the swoosh. 

Long term... Long term.
Hard to see though, because Nike would hate to have to pay Mike because it uses his name. That and David Falk > Rich Paul, so even if LeBron wanted to, Nike would have to much say. Jordan held all the cards at the time.

I would love for it to be, though, since Bron is my MJ. I watched MJ play his last 3peat but I followed Bron from the beginning.

I wouldnt want a HUGE lion logo, but paneled designs ala the AJ6 or the AJ7 would work with a tongue or back Crown logo

Long term... Long term.
Hard to see though, because Nike would hate to have to pay Mike because it uses his name. That and David Falk > Rich Paul, so even if LeBron wanted to, Nike would have to much say. Jordan held all the cards at the time.

I would love for it to be, though, since Bron is my MJ. I watched MJ play his last 3peat but I followed Bron from the beginning.

How is it not hard to see? Nike pays lebron NOW so paying him in the future is no issue especially if he's still bringing in cake in retirement. You even outlined the reason why it would work. Jordans legacy dims as time goes on just like his predecessors. Nike can follow the blue print and use it with lebron. There has to be a reason why NONE of lebrons shoes have retrod yet and he also has a series of shoes that release under the nike umbrella each year.

I hope the LBJ13's are similar to the 12 design but with a different swoosh placement.
I hope not! I'd like to see something more simple like Nike did with the Kobe 10 for example. Something that doesn't scream "Hey we're Nike and we are super innovative and that's why our shoes look like something that robots from a different planet would wear".
laugh.gif
 I know a lot of people dig the XIIs but imo the XI & XII took it a bit too far design wise...

Last edited:
Need the unchamp to happen so I'd actually be able to purchase :lol:

I feel what you saying even though I would love to see Lebby get another one |I

How about we say he does in fact get another and we get a Champ pack in GR numbers, how's that sound :lol:

Last edited:
Mark Parker loves big swooshes on Nike products

His thinking is they pay their athletes so much. You better be able to see the branding from the top deck of a stadium

At this rate I wouldn't evevn be mad if we saw the the XIII's already :smile:

All I'm waiting on is the Wheats, Palmers, Rose Golds, Corks, Cav's Colorway, ID4's and maybe another EXT or two :rolleyes

Oh yea and maybe a Champ Pack :nerd:

Other then that there isn't too much for me left to look forward too :lol:
:rofl: @ "All I'm waiting on"

All you're waiting on is the equivalent of a month's rent in many places.

Ain't mad though of course, play on playa.

Last edited:
From what I see the difference between Jordan's and Lebrons are the Jordan XI

The Air Jordan XI is a sneaker industry foundation rocking model

Can you think of one of Lebrons models that would cause hysteria close to the Air Jordan XI?

I'm not sure if any Lebron colorway would first day sell out if put out in Jordan GR numbers

Last edited:
I dunno I guess Nike could but they don't have too.  Jordans will continue to sale pretty well and they can just retro the Lebron's anyway while keeping the swoosh.  Now once he retires maybe they take the swoosh off and just go with the LBJ's logos but I don't think they will sale as well.  And that is if they continue the line like they are doing with Jordan and you have other sig athletes that are signed under the LBJ umbrella that wear his shoe as there sig.  But I guess my question is why?  If you already have the Jordan brand that accounts for about half of Nike's market share in the sneaker world.  This is coming from someone who is not crazy about the LBJ logo, I don't mind the crown but save me from the LB23

From what I see the difference between Jordan's and Lebrons are the Jordan XI

The Air Jordan XI is a sneaker industry foundation rocking model

Can you think of one of Lebrons models that would cause hysteria close to the Air Jordan XI?

I'm not sure if any Lebron colorway would first day sell out if put out in Jordan GR numbers
You could add the 1's to that as well, they may not be day one instant sellouts but they are a bedrock. 

Lebron should have done a dunk contest. Im not sure he can beat these new kids coming out.
I think never doing the dunk contest is a hole on his resume and I can't figure out why he won't.  He has teased it in the past for the attention but when it comes time to back up the talk he shies away.  I used to think he couldn't do any good dunks, but then the footage leaked of him going crazy in the layup line.  So he has the skills the do it, but it remains a mystery why he really won't.  

I dont think we'll see another swooshless sig shoe outside of an EXT or lifestyle model. Its in their best interest to slap a huge swoosh on everything :lol: people that don't know what a Lebron 7 is can still tell it's a Nike shoe... ask random people what kind of shoe this is...
View media item 1452556Nike loves to slap huge swooshes on everything. That heel swoosh on the KD7 :x

I think never doing the dunk contest is a hole on his resume and I can't figure out why he won't.  He has teased it in the past for the attention but when it comes time to back up the talk he shies away.  I used to think he couldn't do any good dunks, but then the footage leaked of him going crazy in the layup line.  So he has the skills the do it, but it remains a mystery why he really won't.
It would have given a lot more credibility to his silouette. Im not saying its a bad business decision opting out, but its not a good one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom