The Official Nike LeBron XII Thread- "July 4th/USA" & "King's Cloak/Red Paisley" 06/27/15

What is your favorite LeBron XII release?

• NSRL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HOAL

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dunk Force

• Instinct

• Six Meridians

• Data

• Christmas

• Trillion Dollar Man

• 23 Chromosomes

• BHM

• Court Vision

• All-Star/Flatiron

• Double Helix

• What If?

• Flight

• CLE

• Wheat

• Lows

• Elites

• NSW

• Total voters
Totally agree, a shoe sells better just like anything else if you can assign some piece of history to it.  

SO, regarding the wheat Lebrons, I took a chance on an early order on an overseas website that hadn't gone live... 

And they shipped today.

From what I see the difference between Jordan's and Lebrons are the Jordan XI

The Air Jordan XI is a sneaker industry foundation rocking model

Can you think of one of Lebrons models that would cause hysteria close to the Air Jordan XI?

I'm not sure if any Lebron colorway would first day sell out if put out in Jordan GR numbers

Any LeBron now? Na probably not but give it a few years. I watched Jordan little bit growing up but I was 6-10 years old and I really couldn't appreciate it much. As I got older and payed more attention to the game LeBron came in like thunder, LeBron is the Jordan of my time(sorry Kobe fans)

If he can get more chips I believe a good majority of his kicks will. Think of all the PE's that can be potentially released

Last edited:
I dunno I guess Nike could but they don't have too.  Jordans will continue to sale pretty well and they can just retro the Lebron's anyway while keeping the swoosh.  Now once he retires maybe they take the swoosh off and just go with the LBJ's logos but I don't think they will sale as well.  And that is if they continue the line like they are doing with Jordan and you have other sig athletes that are signed under the LBJ umbrella that wear his shoe as there sig.  But I guess my question is why?  If you already have the Jordan brand that accounts for about half of Nike's market share in the sneaker world.  This is coming from someone who is not crazy about the LBJ logo, I don't mind the crown but save me from the LB23
Nike (and more specifically, their designers) have made it impossible to remove the swoosh from many of his models and make it look like the same shoe.

Quick observation, I think only the 2-5 can really survive without the swoosh. And maybe the 11.

But who wants to see a retro of the 5s and 11s anyway :lol:

With the right marketing people would be able to associate the crown logo with Lebron without the swoosh..imo. Bad example saying the average person wouldn't know a Lebron shoe without the Nike logo.. The average person wouldn't know a Jordan shoe without the Jumpman

Last edited:

Can anyone link me to Double Helix and/or What Ifs for the best price possible? Any1 get the DH for the low?
A lot of the sizes for the What ifs are sold out on Nike.com i was a little surprised!

The What If's were at my local footlocker 4-5 days before the release lol 

With the right marketing people would be able to associate the crown logo with Lebron without the swoosh..imo. Bad example saying the average person wouldn't know a Lebron shoe without the Nike logo.. The average person wouldn't know a Jordan shoe without the Jumpman
:lol: clearly you missed my point. Im saying Lebron is not as recognizable by himself as Jordan, take all the swooshes off and just put LJ23s and Crown Logos and most people that arent into sports or shoes aren't gonna know who they belong to. My unlce knows who the jumpman belongs because he grew up in them but anytime I wear my Kobe 9s, Lebron 9s or Foams all he says is "what kind of ugly *** shoes are those?" (Exact words :lol:) Lebron isn't as much of a household name as Jordan was, not saying he wont be but he's not there yet.

Any LeBron now? Na probably not but give it a few years. I watched Jordan little bit growing up but I was 6-10 years old and I really couldn't appreciate it much. As I got older and payed more attention to the game LeBron came in like thunder, LeBron is the Jordan of my time(sorry Kobe fans)

If he can get more chips I believe a good majority of his kicks will. Think of all the PE's that can be potentially released
Nah, I doubt it.  Jordan was Jordan everybody whether right or wrong compares Lebron to Jordan.  Also Lebron is a very divisive figure and you can partly blame him for that and the social media world we live in today.  There is no lebron that has been released (YET) that will ever garner the hysteria and adulation of a Jordan XI. 

:lol: clearly you missed my point. Im saying Lebron is not as recognizable by himself as Jordan, take all the swooshes off and just put LJ23s and Crown Logos and most people that arent into sports or shoes aren't gonna know who they belong to. My unlce knows who the jumpman belongs because he grew up in them but anytime I wear my Kobe 9s, Lebron 9s or Foams all he says is "what kind of ugly *** shoes are those?" (Exact words :lol:) Lebron isn't as much of a household name as Jordan was, not saying he wont be but he's not there yet.

I wasn't responding to anyone inparticular.. Just saying people would recognize the crown logo or LJ23 logo if Nike really pushed it and marketed it well

Lebron is known and recognized around the world

Last edited:
Why do Jordan XIs always get brought up?

They weren't day 1 sellouts, so why would anyone expect Lebrons current model to be.

If they retro a couple models right now, I'd be willing to bet they sell out in GR numbers.

Last edited:
It's just as much if not more about the designer of the shoe, I can't picture any of the Peitrus models without a check(s) on the shoe, to drop the labeling gotta alter the designs to not look incomplete

Nah, I doubt it.  Jordan was Jordan everybody whether right or wrong compares Lebron to Jordan.  Also Lebron is a very divisive figure and you can partly blame him for that and the social media world we live in today.  There is no lebron that has been released (YET) that will ever garner the hysteria and adulation of a Jordan XI. 

Not that I disagree but idk it's hard to say the XI is a very iconic shoe one of my favorites.

I feel Christmas has a big part in why XI's continue to sell out over and over

But really how many are they really making a year 150K or more?

Why do Jordan XIs always get brought up?

They weren't day 1 sellouts, so why would anyone expect Lebrons current model to be.

If they retro a couple models right now, I'd be willing to bet they sell out in GR numbers.
There weren't a whole lot of day one sellouts back then period.  And I doubt that any LBJ in GR numbers would sellout, which one do you think would?

People not gonna feel special no more b 
mean.gif
laugh.gif

Not that I disagree but idk it's hard to say the XI is a very iconic shoe one of my favorites.

I feel Christmas has a big part in why XI's continue to sell out over and over

But really how many are they really making a year 150K or more?
I don't doubt Christmas has something to do with it, but it is still an iconic shoe.  Part of its appeal is the design and the other part of it is the hype it will sell no matter what time of the year

Back
Top Bottom