The Official NT Beat Thread Vol.2..-~-..-~-.Dope Beats Only!

^ Marvel, that #!+@ is definitely hot. Guitar is ill. Sound like somethin' I could ride out to...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Here's somethin' I threw together in the last hour...

Take Cover

Nothing before, nice og track, I feel like its missing an extra synth on it though. "Something lite" sounds coo too.

Marvel, nice sample.

PUSHA, I like that Take Cover joint a lot, you could get real creative with a track like that.

....and stop swagger jackin Timbo on Lets Dance (j/p, very ill track kid).

Added a couple of random joints.

a) Purple Remix (bonus cut on my Nas mixtape)

b) Success (track I made that I blend with Jay-Z/Nas Success joint).

c) Instrumental Snippet # 1

d) Gunna Do (random track I made while bored the other night)

....and some of the AG tracks I posted in the Jay-Z thread.

www.soundclick.com/mez1

PUSHA x Vinsanity - That Take Cover is pretty straight reminds me of something Mobb Deep would be on for some reason. I like how you came in with thosestrings.

SoulOfKuribo - That Coastin to me was lacking, but you said it was a snippet so it'll probably have more to it.

NothingBefore - Pretty solid track manne, no real complaints.

I'mma get to Mez's track in a min.

I got a new track, to me it doesn't sound on beat or something, something just doesn't sound right about it
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6068278

SoulofKuribo- I liked it, but it seems like I was waitin for the beat to drop. Get some kicks to coincide with the bass, and some nice heavy snares, and yougot some heat.

NothingBefore- I was expecting a smoother beat for a sample like that. The beat was nice though, but it just didn't fit the sample, plus it kindareminded me of something off Mortal Kombat, but that does't mean it didn't sound any good.

Mez One- Ignorant Sh*T remix is pure fire, I thought you kinda added too many sounds around the hook though. Gunna Do was hot too, but I thought the samplesjust seemed a little too inconsistant. The snippet was very nice and laid back, not too much i can say about it, mean that in the good way. Success remix wasnice too, but the kick drum shoulda been more heavy if you wanted the beat to drop that late. Nothing I can say about the Purple remix, cocaine.

Marvel Man- Ride dirty was nice, but it sounds like it was pre-recorded or somethin.

PUSHA- Take Cover would be better with different drums, probably more bass, mainly a different snare. Let's Dance sounded like it belonged on Shock Value
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Nice !+%* though, all you needed was the beat to switch up around the 2:50 mark
laugh.gif

CHECK OUT MANIPULATIVE.... (and any other joints on the page)
It might not be some of you guys taste, especially becauseit's kinda upbeat, but I liked it. Any comments are welcome.

yo Shizzmyster

that one beat

all i have

is straight heat
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

wish i could kick some flossy type s*&t to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it would be
pimp.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ima be back with some feedback, but I wanted to see if this would work.... yo mez I figured out how to do it...I'll hit you up later about it

Originally Posted by Kaigen Nova

Added a new track on my myspace

-----Atomic

This is pretty sweet. My only little beef is with that whole snare/open hat/cymbal all-in-one type of sound.

Is there a real low octave open hat in there or somethin'? The piano pieces (samples?) are sweet, though. Got a nice feel to em.

Only other thing I'd say would be to add some switch-ups to make it a little more known when a chorus starts and ends.

Oh, and for the record... "HalfLife" is dooope.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Here's somethin' I just did...

Hype Muzik

^ Dope.

You should really get some connects and start working with artists if you don't.

An artist over a whole bunch of your tracks would really set it off.

I sing to a whole bunch of your tracks even though i don't rhyme just to see what it would sound like.

I left the sample for half life in my free sample post a couple pages back if anyone wants to flip it.

^ Thank you, sir. I totally agree with you... I'd like to hear how people sound over em.

I've got someone local whos gonna use one of em for a mixtape, so hopefully that is my first taste of hearing a full song using my production.

However, he's not exactly the type of dude who I'd like to collab with, but ehh... Whatever.

Did somethin' else after waking up early this morning, for no reason...
laugh.gif
I like how this one came out...

Glorious Times

You can tell you got influences from other genres in your music.

I like the buildup.

I would love to hear a Ladytron acapella over it.

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

Glorious Times

Your drum roll needs to be mixed down a little bit...you can tell you didn't bother changing the sound enough in the rolls. A good way to make it soundmore natural without using the same sample is by making it a bit more low-end EQ wise and loweing the pitch/volume a tid bit on the rolls but keeping it thesame on the harder hits.

Your melody is fire! Nice, VERY nice phrasing in the chorus/build-up, more than just your typical riffs . Use a more subtle string pad and raise the volume onthe higher leads so we can get the message clearer.
The lead you threw in for the verse is perfect. Fits very nice and once again, the phrasing is official
pimp.gif
. I really like the melody you brought to the table

The organ/rhodes-esque pad hits too hard in the verse...add some flangus (chorus + flanger if you aint in FL6) and maybe a stereo separater once the versehits. It fits perfectly into the chorus though...I'd use to different versions of the same patch.

Originally Posted by Kaigen Nova

Added a new track on my myspace

-----Atomic

I like the way it's made..seems unspittable though...like it's meant to be instrumental and not rapped on.

you could hear stuff like that on districtfootwear.com ..very nice track.

sent you a request [nh]
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

I like the melody and arrangement of it.... I'd change:
-the hihat: it's too hard of a sound to be played that much without some intensity/panning changes. it's one of those harder hats... I'd leave thepattern the same but use a new sample for the hat
-The lower chord pad that comes in around the build-pad...turn the reverb down and the pitch might be a LITTLE bit off.

It's a great track, your arrangement game is very on point I heard your other stuff. The higher lead synths are perfect for this song I love it. You gottalent dun. what are you using?

Niiiiice beats son
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

TWO NEW BEATS ON THE MYSPACE!!

"THUNDER AND LIGHTNING"

"ONE STORMY NIGHT"

www.myspace.com/jaepart2

YUUUUUUAAAAAHH

feedback plss
pimp.gif

I like thunder and lightning that joint is ill no complaints but the other joint is better sounds like i heard it on Naruto or somewhere b4 too.

Also i cant hear too well and i'm only workin with one speaker i think One Stormy Night is filtered i think the filter or whatever effect you put on takesaway from the track.

Your style is very Nujabe-esque.

My mistake if its not.
embarassed.gif

And i put a jay-z acapella over atomic of all people..it can be rapped on with a specific flow dont feel like posting it up though.

Yeaa I had probs with "one stormy night" ... I ripped it straight from vinyl and the record + needle werent in great condition

plus alot of the song had splishy splashy watery sounds in it and shhh so I did some stereo enhancement and filtering.

For the interlude of the song I used a secret trick to make the sound bounce around yet stay panned equally (not a phaser or flanger)..does that add to thebeat or does it confuse yall ? I liked it cuz it gave it a reallllly open sound and made it sound like it was taking over

who's nujabes though ? lol
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom