The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

^ Sogo in Causeway Bay :smokin

I used to live one block away from that spot. I miss HK. :frown:

Last edited:
Anybody have any suggestions on how to get authorization from a music group to use some music for a video on youtube? Ive tried emailing many different addresses, but nobody seems able to help.

Fantastic shooting as always fellas :pimp:

Here's a few i did this weekend. Big dumb.. busy weekend :lol:

Anybody have any suggestions on how to get authorization from a music group to use some music for a video on youtube? Ive tried emailing many different addresses, but nobody seems able to help.

If they're not responding, that's probably their way of saying no. I'd just stick with royalty free music.

I personally wouldn't push it. Some people can be super petty and if you use it at all they could drag you through some mess all for a 15 sec clip

Any tips on indoor photography? Some of you guys know I do mostly street style/fashion photography and its gonna get cold soon, gonna try to take advantage of indoor locations in NYC.

Tried taking pics in Westfield in NYC, I only got a few pics where its decent and "dslr quality". Any settings or maybe diff lens/gear that would help?

Also in very bright conditions whats the best way to take shots? Took shots midday (dumb idea to begin with :lol:) in a parking lot/indistrial area and even with a high aperture and super high shutter its still meh.

Another thing:

What happened to my cam though? The only focus point is the dot in the middle. It wont light up anywhere else and I dont recall ever changing (or that you could even change it period) this?

Last edited:
Any tips on indoor photography? Some of you guys know I do mostly street style/fashion photography and its gonna get cold soon, gonna try to take advantage of indoor locations in NYC.

Tried taking pics in Westfield in NYC, I only got a few pics where its decent and "dslr quality". Any settings or maybe diff lens/gear that would help?

Also in very bright conditions whats the best way to take shots? Took shots midday (dumb idea to begin with
laugh.gif
) in a parking lot/indistrial area and even with a high aperture and super high shutter its still meh.
Unless it'll still be a decently lit area or you'll be using a flash of some sort prepare yourself for some noise. You'll want to use a smaller aperture and may need to use a slower shutter speed to compensate the lack of light so expect some blur as well. When I was takin' poetry shots in this bar I was trying to avoid the noise and ended up missing some shots because of blur so I prob wouldn't be too worried about noise that much and just charge it to the game if it comes but that's just personal preference.

As far as bright shoots, a filter may be best option if closing your aperture doesn't help a ton or even a lens hood. Outside of that lower ISO of course to the lowest possible value

What happened to my cam though? The only focus point is the dot in the middle. It wont light up anywhere else and I dont recall ever changing (or that you could even change it period) this?

Your autofocus mode has changed. You need to go into settings and change it to a multipoint one - which one depends on what you're shooting.

It's a small hiking train that runs from NY to MA - There's a signed that indicates when you cross state lines .... Is by Bash Bish Falls.

Last edited:
Some photos of the last preseason game this past Friday. Getting good shots shooting sports with legacy glass is damn near impossible lmao.

were you using the hyperfocal distance markings? the digital shots are definitely cleaner than the film jawns...what camera & lens combo for the film, the arena was cool with you having brought a couple cameras in?

You shot that on film?

The grainy ones were film. The longer shots are digital.

were you using the hyperfocal distance markings? the digital shots are definitely cleaner than the film jawns...what camera & lens combo for the film, the arena was cool with you having brought a couple cameras in?

I was trying to use the distance scale but it was kind of hard to judge. I have focus peaking on so it helped me out quite a bit.

Film combo used was a Leica M7 w/ Zeiss 50mm f/1.5 C Sonnar shot on Fuji Superia 800.

Digital was Sony a7RII w/ Nikon 105mm f/2.5 AI-S and also used the Zeiss 50 for a few shots.

Yeah, they're cool with you bringing cameras to sports events. I used to bring my Fuji X-T1 w/ 50-140mm when I still had it. I saw someone with a DSLR and 70-200. It's concerts that are a definite no. What's funny though was that I had the Sony and 105mm stashed in one of those small Peak Design pouches individually wrapped in Domke protective wraps. The guy checking the bag was too lazy to unwrap everything and moved on :lol:

Decided I'm going to get a tamron 70-200 during the holidays if I can score a lightly used one for a decent price vs paying 1600 for canon's version.

I got to use my home office to shoot in yesterday & im really happy with the results.

Got another one set up this sat :evil:

It was getting to be pretty dark so i had to ride the ISO

& in doing this i realized that the left side of the window thing is cut higher than the right side :lol: :stoneface:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom