The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

For anyone not watching the Apple event, Adobe is giving a presentation on Photoshop. Looks like you'll be able to use the touch bar for tool editing

For anyone not watching the Apple event, Adobe is giving a presentation on Photoshop. Looks like you'll be able to use the touch bar for tool editing

The new Microsoft surface computer / workstation is much more exciting then anything Apple released today.

The new Microsoft surface computer / workstation is much more exciting then anything Apple released today.

such cool, much want...looking forward to playing around with this when it hits stores...can't see going back to windows for it, but it definitely smashes what apple presented

such cool, much want...looking forward to playing around with this when it hits stores...can't see going back to windows for it, but it definitely smashes what apple presented

Install apple osx with a 1tb hard ssd hard drive and 32 gb of ram.

Is that even possible? Are the internals up-gradable by the user because that's a hefty price tag?

built my work machine.

just put in a 4tb HDD today :lol:

my demands are higher than what my budget allows when it comes to pre-built computers.

No way I can get that surface thing w/ 9.5TB worth of hard drives :rofl:

Love my computer. Named it Anti-Venom :pimp:

Transferring my RAWs right now :lol:

Last edited:
^:x What are the specs on your setup?

Do you keep all the images you shoot or just the edited ones?

I'm starting to be a lot more mercenary - I'll often have a good shot that I'll spend some time on, but the ones either side will be similar but just not quite as good - and they're gone immediately. Still working through my historical stuff to do the same but I should cut it down to about 25% of everything taken.

^:x What are the specs on your setup?

This is all the parts in my PC build excluding the hard drives

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/LFvvZ8

Its my workhorse and I have the GTX 1080 for gaming & using it for GPU acceleration on Lightroom :lol:

There's almost ZERO loading between selecting a RAW file and having the 1:1 ready to edit. Love it.

14 months of photography grinding :pimp:

Last edited:
I still run on an old iMac from like 2011. Upgraded the ram to 16GB and got 2 externals on it and it seems to run fine. I still use Photos app to upload everything but I know people just like to throw them on folders and what not and use Lightroom. I did update my OS finally and PS has crashed on me twice already. Not sure if that was coincidence or issues with the new OS. Anyone else run into similar issues?

I still run on an old iMac from like 2011. Upgraded the ram to 16GB and got 2 externals on it and it seems to run fine. I still use Photos app to upload everything but I know people just like to throw them on folders and what not and use Lightroom. I did update my OS finally and PS has crashed on me twice already. Not sure if that was coincidence or issues with the new OS. Anyone else run into similar issues?

I use occasionally use PS/Lightroom on a 2014 MBP but we're talking 1-2 hours a week. I've had no issues on OS Sierra. But again, I dont use it enough.

I use Lightroom and PS 20+ Hours a week on Windows 10 and run into the expected amount of issues you would run into from using any piece of software that much.

I'm starting to be a lot more mercenary - I'll often have a good shot that I'll spend some time on, but the ones either side will be similar but just not quite as good - and they're gone immediately. Still working through my historical stuff to do the same but I should cut it down to about 25% of everything taken.

Same here, I used to keep all the photos including the throwaway ones but found once I started running out of space I started deleting a lot of them.

Same here, I used to keep all the photos including the throwaway ones but found once I started running out of space I started deleting a lot of them.

i keep everything except for the really bad misses, you never know how those throwaways may hit your eye later on; it is kinda like always having a contact sheet/record of what i've done...storage space is so cheap these days

just some random stuff but finally bought the nikon 50mm 1.8 after having and using the 28mm exclusively since december. the 22mm difference will take some getting used to but glad to have something else to mess around with.

28498737044_3da8ab3d4a_c.jpg
28505936023_dab2130f2f_c.jpg
28833866430_dca7cf9e41_c.jpg
29019353952_ece9b776f6_c.jpg
29087703166_cb1dc2729f_c.jpg
28498740894_706cbcf633_c.jpg

What shutter speed are you using for the traffic?

:lol:

They haven't shipped yet, least not mines...it says sometime in Novemeber...I will keep ya posted :lol:

Total impulse buy

So I bought a DJI Mavic pro
sick.gif

roll.gif
Man I'm jealous. I was on the fence too...but then I looked at my Phantom collecting dust in the corner 
laugh.gif
 The portability of the Mavic is a huge  perk though.

Looking forward to seeing what ya capture with it

met my dude Matt at photoExpo the other day, he's the creator of HoldfastGear, not sure how many of you are familiar with his stuff, but if you ever seen a photog shooting with what looks like a leather gun holster, well he's the one that created them, started back in 2011, I got my first strap around 2012 and I remember he only had the straps and about 800 followers on IG, since then dude has grown his brand to a whole other level, his brand is known universally amongst pro photogs, really an incredible moment.

I scooped up this sightseer backpack that was sold out on the first run, best camera bag I've ever owned.

Out for a road trip around the highlands of Scotland with my keen and competent photo buddy. He picked me up at 4am which was brutal but we had a good day. The weather was terrible - the plan was to climb a mountain in the dark for sunrise down Glencoe - but after an hour of climbing clouds descended and we knew we weren't going to see a thing - and it was the right decision. Later in the day got more interesting with the cloud/mist adding something to the scenery.

So far this is my favourite of the day - Castle Kilchurn which I hadn't seen before.

met my dude Matt at photoExpo the other day, he's the creator of HoldfastGear, not sure how many of you are familiar with his stuff, but if you ever seen a photog shooting with what looks like a leather gun holster, well he's the one that created them, started back in 2011, I got my first strap around 2012 and I remember he only had the straps and about 800 followers on IG, since then dude has grown his brand to a whole other level, his brand is known universally amongst pro photogs, really an incredible moment.

I scooped up this sightseer backpack that was sold out on the first run, best camera bag I've ever owned.

Your shoelace is untied :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom