The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by jcinista

Originally Posted by solemunchies

Originally Posted by jcinista

Need help from knowledgeable Nikon users. I shoot with a D60... usually @ 100 ISO. Had a couple questions on how I can improve a photo.

Can someone explain the hand blur on the photo? Is it a slow camera issue? SD card issue?

http://gorgeouskillers.tu...0919963/photo-jaycinista

My second question is the microdot on the subject's thigh. I was told it was an ISO issue but never had an explanation. 

http://gorgeouskillers.tu...8378983/photo-jaycinista

Would appreciate the help. 
Yo man, I follow you on tumblr lol
To answer your question, I checked out your EXIF data for the first one, her arm was definitely moving + 1/30 on a 1.8 is slow enough to catch that blur.

I'm not that sure about the second one but check out the mirrors, that could be dust. Or just Spot Heal that dot off
laugh.gif

hey thanks man. what's your tumblr?
i didn't study photography; so, it's a trial and error thing for me.

"To answer your question, I checked out your EXIF data for the first one, her arm was definitely moving + 1/30 on a 1.8 is slow enough to catch that blur."

so it's a light issue then. it was getting pretty dark outside and I shot @ 1/30th. will the hand blur if there was an external light shot @ 1/40 or 1/60? or is it a lens issue?  
Were you on a Tripod?1/30th is very slow for shutter speed when the camera is hand held. I try to stay around 1/125th so that there is no motion blur. It has hard for your model to stand absolutely still for 1/30th of a second. You need to bump up your ISO. I don't know Nikons but I'm sure your D60 can still be noise free at 400 ISO.

Wow 6 minutes and 25 seconds of awesome. Canon needs to step it up. I might jump ship to Nikon because of the D7000, jeez
pimp.gif

Indeed

I might Jump ship too... Canon need to drop 7D price ASAP!

Need advice from Canon heads and Nikon heads too if you can help.

I'm shooting in Raw + L. But when I pull the pics off my T2i, I can't view them. What should I do?

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

I'm shooting in Raw + L. But when I pull the pics off my T2i, I can't view them. What should I do?

If you shoot in RAW + L, you should be able to see the pictures. They should show up on your computer as a RAW file and a Large jpeg file.
Have you installed your Canon software from the CD that they provide?

For that blur just up the shutter speed and the ISO if it's too dark.

I can't see the dot on the thigh (or I'm distracted
eek.gif
) but see if it's in the same location in every picture. if so it might be dust in the sensor. some air blown into it with the shutter up on bulb can take care of that.

If you shoot in RAW + L, you should be able to see the pictures. They should show up on your computer as a RAW file and a Large jpeg file.
yep, but i'm getting .CR2 files

What kind of editing software are you using? CR2 files open up in Photoshop, CR2 files are the RAW files so you need a program that reads the RAW files.

What kind of editing software are you using? CR2 files open up in Photoshop, CR2 files are the RAW files so you need a program that reads the RAW files.
Or Lightroom.

Or Lightroom.

Cobra Kai

Download Adobe Bridge... it allows you to view all your raw files and opens them straight into
Camera Raw (which I also recommend you check up on if you haven't) which is a really great program.

install Picasa...you'll be good after that.

You def should install Canon Digital Photo Professional from the CD. It is a really good RAW editor if you aren't doing anything too crazy.

For the DC heads..
The DC meet-up didnt happen yet, but dstylezs and I talked recently and really wanna make this happen.

Date: 9/25
Where: Loews theater in Georgetown.
Time: 1pm-until whenever.

If anybody has questions, go ahead and pm one of us. Lets make this happen!

Back
Top Bottom