The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

We'll see if this last. I am not trying to be mr negative but I think people get a little lazy in the long run when these projects come along. It's pretty much a homework assignment and like school, some people will just forget to do it.

Not sure if this will help but I am on a skate forum and they are doing a Tumblr project where we all have to take photos of our own city with a certain theme in mind (buildings, people, etc) and it's all going to get posted on one blog. That way, it will be easier to see things and photos can go viral depending on if other people reblog it to their own blogs. This sounds stupid to say but I think it makes the photos more tangible rather then it being on this thread where some photos can get over looked by others. It will be nice to just see everything side by side.

Another alternative is creating a Flickr group akin to the 52 week groups on there, just make it NT only. Keeping all the organization on there, but being able to share photos with other NT'ers on here with the photos as well keeping this thread active.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Trust that a bi weekly assignment will drag out, we've done this on ISS before, I haven't been there in a whole but like Rolo said is still running, I know ya hate the site, but if we are to do an assignment thread we should model after theirz, as it works and has been running for a while, here on NT without a designated photography forum an assignment thread that goes on for 2 weeks will get drowned in general.

It would be awesome to actually have a designated sub forum for us. 
tired.gif

There aren't any photographers in the NT staff? 
nerd.gif

-Drew

I have read everyones thoughts and ideas on the contest that posted so far. I came with this solution;

I can make a new thread, which makes me in charge of it. (If anyone feels the need to take charge, I'm all for it) Not only will it help me organize the point system, I can also post winners, rules, and answers to people's questions. I also shoot everyday and basically post here everyday so editing and fixing it wouldn't be a problem. The only reason why I said new thread and not a separate thread for us is the fact I highly doubt it would happen. In the last few years or so, it has never happened and I'm sure it wont happen anytime soon unless an Admin/Mod feels the need to. This thread was made in 2009, so making a new thread could be it. Everything on the first page would be posted of course and all sources would be credited.

As for the first topic/week, ksteezy (pmed) came up with the idea of Inanimate Object For those who don't know what an inanimate object is;
Not having the qualities associated with active, living organisms or you can always search engine images of it.

Each week would be a new topic of course, and that means the photo has to be shot the week of. All photos must be uploaded on Flickr(It's free), this way I can check the E.X.I.F data to see if anyone is cheating or actually playing fair in generally. It makes no sense to post something you taken last week and use it for weeks in advance without anyone knowing. This contest is generally to help you to improve, get better, and step outside your comfort zone. The topic wont start until I feel most of you feel this is the best solution.

So we got our designated OP, I honestly don't see anyone better to run it, being that he is a guaranteed aleveryday poster and we need someone to bump the thread somehow.

As far as the topic, I think it would be fun...besides getting us to go out and shoot it will get us to think outside the box, I actually meant INANIMATE FACES, though....how many times have you not notice a sign or some sort of object that resembles a face?...well the idea is to photograph it...lol...we also have to agree on a points system, a way to judge...IMO images should be judged based on creativity, technique and processing...I'm assuming we all have some sort of editing software?...

Alright so are we doing INANIMATE OBJECT or INANIMATE FACES for the first topic? Also, whats the deadline?

I downloaded the free trial of lightroom 4 and decided to do some re-edits of some of my old shots that were edited with lightroom 2.
Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Photoshop gives you a hell of a lot more control over what you can do, specially whn it boils down to cloning, masking, layering and airbrushing.

So i may have gotten my first job at a club....gonna call the manager this sunday.

My questions is, what you guys think of a diffuser in a club? Is it needed?

Originally Posted by 23kidd

So i may have gotten my first job at a club....gonna call the manager this sunday.

My questions is, what you guys think of a diffuser in a club? Is it needed?
Yes, gives you a soften look.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Photoshop gives you a hell of a lot more control over what you can do, specially whn it boils down to cloning, masking, layering and airbrushing.

That's what I thought. Just seems a lot of people live and die by Lightroom and I was wondering if I was missing out on something. Lol thanks ksteezy

Back
Top Bottom