The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

^^^Thanks for the info and that website link. Again crazy how the pricing on the 250 is so high and low. That site is selling one for $199.99. And that was the medium format camera I almost pulled the trigger on (mamiya rz67) but got that skate print instead. If this Polaroid peaks my interest that much, then I'll get the mamiya rz67. Can't believe all this polaroid crap is coming out of no where and I am hardly shooting with my digital anymore.

I think the type of camera, rarity, and if the camera is restored reflects the prices. The ones on the two sites I posted have all been restored, tested, and updated to either be rechargeable or take current battery types(AA, AAA, etc). When you get it from sites like those and similar, it's almost like you're getting a brand new camera.

The RZ67 is an amazing camera. If you get that camera, you'll be killing two birds with one stone essentially because of the different film backs you can use.

I don't think the polaroid stuff is coming out of nowhere, really. I think it was just hiding in the shadows with the hardcore enthusiast. lol.

Also, here's an example of one of the land cameras used with studio strobes...

^^^^So sick. I'll have to experiment with that when I get into it more. I just want to shoot primarily black and whites in the day light. No need to do low light stuff just cause I'll leave that for the digital thing. Acutally I just want to treat the land camera as some sort of a goofy way to start a photo album. Shoot my family, people, instead of doing landscapes.

Fong - One of my homies uses an alternative film for his Polaroid Land Camera, same model i believe. Worked the same way except I'm not sure about that writing part thought.

I saw on a youtube video and I guess that writing on the back is just for reference cause when you peal the photo away, the negetive can still be used to scan into a computer. I think you can only do it with Fuji film though.

Some shots from DC and the Outer Banks last month.  

Canon 60D; Canon 24-70 and Tamron 10-24.  Peace

Hey guys, quick question. I'm new to photography and the arts in general but I want to know what is light texture??? Like a general definition.

Awesome shots msgt16! I really like the first one. Would like to see more from the islands. Anymore photographers on here from outside the USA?

Nature by Yanky4585, on Flickr

Hey guys,

My friend is selling me a  Canon EF-S 55-250mm F4-5.6 Is II for $120 with no lid.  Is that a good price? What is this lens used for mostly?

Hey guys,

My friend is selling me a  Canon EF-S 55-250mm F4-5.6 Is II for $120 with no lid.  Is that a good price? What is this lens used for mostly?

That's a really long and slow lens. Mostly for outdoor shooting far subjects I guess you could say. Sports/birds. I don't know how much those normally go for. Check ebay to get a good estimate on price.

I volunteered to take grad pictures for a friend of mine, although I have no idea what I'm doing. 

She wants the pictures to look similar to this.

I have a Canon t2i, but all I have is the basic lens. 

Which lens or technique do I need to apply to take some pics like above? 

Thanks for any help. 

I volunteered to take grad pictures for a friend of mine, although I have no idea what I'm doing. 

Thanks for any help. 
Why would you volunteer without knowing what you're doing?

If you know your way around your camera you can achieve similar results to this...

,,, along with understanding lighting, composition, and knowing how to work in PS/LR.

Can't believe it's already been a year since I graduated HS...
mean.gif

Last edited:

Thanks for any help. 
Just use a wide aperture and focus on the girl. Background will be blurred and she'll get what she wants.

Why would you volunteer without knowing what you're doing?

If you know your way around your camera you can achieve similar results to this...

,,, along with understanding lighting, composition, and knowing how to work in PS/LR.

Can't believe it's already been a year since I graduated HS...
mean.gif
I mean I know my way around a camera a litle but like it's always mixed results, like one day the pics will look like i want them too. Other days its like I have no idea what I'm doing 
Just use a wide aperture and focus on the girl. Background will be blurred and she'll get what she wants.
Thanks man. 

LA08NATIVE - 
nthat.gif
 @ that bird pic.

A shot from yesterday's trip to Seoul and one from a few weeks back at the Outer Banks, NC.  More on my site (peep the sig); just pics of the places I go, etc.  Peace

Back
Top Bottom