The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Shooting my buddies Rsx tomorrow at a local campus. Hopefully the sun is in full effect and I can get some good panning shots.

Really happy with my results. Sort of new there was some abandon warehouses in the Dogpatch in SF but it was way scarier at night obviously. Found one that was huge and stomached it up and went int and took some pics.

steel-wool-2.jpg
steel-wool-1.jpg
steel-wool-3.jpg

Those came out good man - I like the 2nd and 3rd .... Nice location as-well ....

that would be a pretty hot spot for a car shoot for those that are into it ....

Really happy with my results. Sort of new there was some abandon warehouses in the Dogpatch in SF but it was way scarier at night obviously. Found one that was huge and stomached it up and went int and took some pics.

steel-wool-2.jpg
steel-wool-1.jpg
steel-wool-3.jpg

Fong. Those pics are :smokin. Quality on it is dope. Like keko said that location is a really good one for a car shoot. Could you pm me the addy to the warehouse please? Would really appreciate it. :tongue:

Those came out good man - I like the 2nd and 3rd .... Nice location as-well ....

that would be a pretty hot spot for a car shoot for those that are into it ....

I agree

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I am almost a 90% positive there is no way you can drive a car in there. It was like fenced off and had no real way to get a full size vehicle in. The map is below. Take the 3rd street in coming from the ballpark then take a left on 20th. I took bus there but if you drive, there is some parking but you have to walk. As you walk down to the yellow marking, there are some security around there but they don't pay any attention to you as long as you walk down to the water. I saw a fisherman come back up. When you get to the yellow, there is an opening on the fence to the left you have to just crawl in. From there, you can see the warehouse. I actually thought it was close the whole time but there is another opening into it to the left of it. Inside there was just graffiti everywhere but we saw no homeless people at least on that end. It's lit pretty well too from all the ambient lighting, but I'd go with a friend or bring a knife next time. We saw two people walking out somewhere that freaked me and my girl but we couldn't tell if they were just walking around or doing some sketch stuff. Having a $2K camera with no where to really run is pretty daunting.

1cy6.jpg

To bad that pier is messed up and broken off. I am sure you could get some cool shots from there.

Dang. Was really hoping to get into that spot but thank you for sharing it! I'll definitely be on the lookout for some abandoned buildings while in SF next time. After living here for quite some time now I've never been to that area of SF. I have a lot of exploring to do.

In the near future, I'm taking a trip to Frisco to take some photographs ....

I'm looking to do the GB from the top view that I have seen a bunch of people do - maybe in the AM with Fog at night Sunset and dark with Lights.

Also, looking to do it from Down Low with the heavy Chains.

Also from the distance where you can catch the U like street that enters the bridge.

I need to know how to get to those places .... Also, need to know other interesting places where you can shoot ..... it should be fun.

I heard they have like a small military base under the bridge? Maybe that be cool too ..

^Battery Spencer and Fort point will be worth the visit. Battery Spencer overlooking GG and Fort point where the military base is. Torpedo Wharf is a cool spot also overlooking some parts of SF.

So I'm here messing with my dslr and I just realized this. I have the 18-200 f/3.5-5.6 and for some reason the lowest I can get the aperture to go is f/5 using my d3100. Why can't I get it down to 3.5? I've tried going from 18mm all the way to 200 in aperture priority mode. |I

In the near future, I'm taking a trip to Frisco to take some photographs ....

I'm looking to do the GB from the top view that I have seen a bunch of people do - maybe in the AM with Fog at night Sunset and dark with Lights.

Also, looking to do it from Down Low with the heavy Chains.

Also from the distance where you can catch the U like street that enters the bridge.

I need to know how to get to those places .... Also, need to know other interesting places where you can shoot ..... it should be fun.

I heard they have like a small military base under the bridge? Maybe that be cool too ..
i was in SF two weeks ago and tried going to that military base thing and tried going up that hill that has that dope view (if you go down the GG bridge out of the city the hill on the left, you'll see mad people there) but i ran out of time 
mean.gif

i definitely want to lurk around and find some abandoned buildings and rooftops in SF, i'll be back there in december if anybody wants to throw me a bone 
nerd.gif

^Battery Spencer and Fort point will be worth the visit. Battery Spencer overlooking GG and Fort point where the military base is. Torpedo Wharf is a cool spot also overlooking some parts of SF.

So I'm here messing with my dslr and I just realized this. I have the 18-200 f/3.5-5.6 and for some reason the lowest I can get the aperture to go is f/5 using my d3100. Why can't I get it down to 3.5? I've tried going from 18mm all the way to 200 in aperture priority mode.
tired.gif
Thanks dude - I'll research those places you talked about. When I'm closer to going, I'm sure I'll be asking the same questions again ...

In regards to your problem, I'm sure it has to do with what length you are at. I think it goes all the way down to 3.5 at 18mm and only to 5.6 at 200mm hence the reason they name it 3.5-5.6. If you wanted a lens that could stay open regardless at what range you are at they'll name it 70-200 2.8 .... hope that make sense ....

Thanks guys. I am almost a 90% positive there is no way you can drive a car in there. It was like fenced off and had no real way to get a full size vehicle in. The map is below. Take the 3rd street in coming from the ballpark then take a left on 20th. I took bus there but if you drive, there is some parking but you have to walk. As you walk down to the yellow marking, there are some security around there but they don't pay any attention to you as long as you walk down to the water. I saw a fisherman come back up. When you get to the yellow, there is an opening on the fence to the left you have to just crawl in. From there, you can see the warehouse. I actually thought it was close the whole time but there is another opening into it to the left of it. Inside there was just graffiti everywhere but we saw no homeless people at least on that end. It's lit pretty well too from all the ambient lighting, but I'd go with a friend or bring a knife next time. We saw two people walking out somewhere that freaked me and my girl but we couldn't tell if they were just walking around or doing some sketch stuff. Having a $2K camera with no where to really run is pretty daunting.

1cy6.jpg

To bad that pier is messed up and broken off. I am sure you could get some cool shots from there.
I've been playing GTAV too much. Was trying to figure out what part of the map that was with the waypoint on.

Thanks dude - I'll research those places you talked about. When I'm closer to going, I'm sure I'll be asking the same questions again ...

In regards to your problem, I'm sure it has to do with what length you are at. I think it goes all the way down to 3.5 at 18mm and only to 5.6 at 200mm hence the reason they name it 3.5-5.6. If you wanted a lens that could stay open regardless at what range you are at they'll name it 70-200 2.8 .... hope that make sense ....

I tried going down to 3.5 at 18mm but the furthest it would go down was 5. Not sure why it won't go down any further. I'll keep messing with it.

I like the contrast on those black and whites Keko Jones! Fresh.

Hit me up if you're ever around the way Ox...

Messing around with my new tripod and hacky sack for the vibrations...

Last edited:
Anyone know of any small camera bags that would fit inside my backpack for school(a regular Jansport or Northface Recon)?

Only things I would need to put in it is the 70d body and the 15-135 kit lens, along with my laptop+notebook.

Edit: Ordering this in medium, seems like it'd fit well. 

Amazon product ASIN B007Q5HXJ8

Last edited:
I wanna pick up the 10-22 but that price is steep.
I copped off Canon about a week ago. $450 with tax and shipping (refurb). They fix everything that was wrong with it, so it's practically brand new with the same 1 year warranty if I'm not mistaken.

Anyone know of any small camera bags that would fit inside my backpack for school(a regular Jansport or Northface Recon)?

Only things I would need to put in it is the 70d body and the 15-135 kit lens, along with my laptop+notebook.

Edit: Ordering this in medium, seems like it'd fit well. 

http://www.amazon.com/Crumpler-Haven-Camera-Bag-HVN001-XO6G50/dp/B007Q5HXJ8/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1379925687&sr=1-3&keywords=crumpler+haven

That's actually pretty sick,. I want something like that as well. This seems dumb but I want to carry normal bags and not always have a camera bag with me but I like need a bag to put in a bag so it won't get messed up in the big bag. Haha!

I might get this Incase one. I could even use it as is without putting it in a bag. Again.....I am pretty paranoid about carrying my camera without a bag now since i bashed it against a wall not too long ago:

cl58057_dslr_case_blk_access1_web.jpg

I copped off Canon about a week ago. $450 with tax and shipping (refurb). They fix everything that was wrong with it, so it's practically brand new with the same 1 year warranty if I'm not mistaken.

That's a good price. I'm watching a couple ebay auctions right now so we'll see if i pull the trigger.

I hated that incase bag. It looked like a murse. lol.

Haha. I guess I can see that but even those messenger bags seem a little too hip for my taste. I mean if I had that bag, I am slinging it to the back of me anyways. Plus I don't even look like some dude that would give off that impression that I rock murses.

Yeah....see what you're saying.

AdventuraTLZ_BBS_8179_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom