The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I have the Sigma 85mm 1.4 myself. You won't be disappointed. It's an amazing lens. Recently copped the Sigma 35mm 1.4 and that's been great as well. Sigma 
pimp.gif
Just checked your website, you in the DMV as well? We have some similar shots 

edit: taking a look at your blog its quite obvious you're also in the DMV 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
BlueRibbon23... Might want to look into renting that fisheye. I'm actually going to sell my 35mm once I figure out how to get a D610. Thinking about going 28mm instead. Rock the 28, 50, and 85 and then a 70-200 and I should be good.

that may actually be a good idea, depending on the length of your trip? i've never rented, so i don't really know...

few other shots with the 8mm rokinon fisheye:

the is one i tried to de-fisheye the image & cropped out the warped area:

Just checked your website, you in the DMV as well? We have some similar shots 

edit: taking a look at your blog its quite obvious you're also in the DMV 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Yeah man, born and raised.

tokes99 I love that second picture 
smokin.gif

Editing a few from my girl's mom's birthday over the weekend.

what camera holster are you using? and has it really made work lighter and easier? like moving around on event shoots :nerd:

always wanted to get one but scared my camera might fall off :lol:

Anyone go mirrorless?

I'm trying to sell my D7100 for a Fujifilm X-T1 to pair with my X100.

The whole lightweight thing is starting to take over for me.

Just a few shots with the X100 in DC this past weekend.

Last edited:
Anyone go mirrorless?

Recently, I'm thinking about going mirrorless first before full frame though I don't really know too much about mirrorless yet. Gotta research. 16 days in Japan had me tired of gearing my dslr and I barely have any gear. Rebel + 17-55mm. Eitherway, definitely time for an upgrade. Waiting for the 7dm2 announcement first.:nerd:

Anyone go mirrorless?

curious, why? what are the differences between the xt1 & x100, sensor size?

[quote name="lauk4kicks"]
Recently, I'm thinking about going mirrorless first before full frame though I don't really know too much about mirrorless yet. Gotta research. 16 days in Japan had me tired of gearing my dslr and I barely have any gear. Rebel + 17-55mm. Eitherway, definitely time for an upgrade. Waiting for the 7dm2 announcement first.:nerd: [/quote]

depending on your needs mirrorless can be a really good option, Fuji, Olympus, & Sony all make awesome, quite small mirrorless cameras with great image quality! from what I've read the main place it's is still a little behind is in things like continuous focusing & max sustained fps, so if you shoot a lot if action/sports dslrs may still be the better choice. the Sony a7 & a7r are the 1st (affordable) full frame mirrorless cams, and hope the next generation of which will be even better

Last edited:
Anyone been a "guest" shooter at a wedding? My cousin is getting married and she has hired a photographer, but my aunt is asking me if I don't mind taking photos as well with my cam. Not obligated to take every shot since I'll be enjoying the wedding, but needed to know how to avoid interfering with the hired photographer while still composing good shots. Cc: ksteezy ksteezy

Anyone go mirrorless?

Went mirrorless (Fujifilm) about a year and a half ago and no regrets. As long as you don't need fast AF or an advanced flash system it should be a pretty easy transition.

@tokes99, X100 is fixed lens, X-T1 is interchangeable

^Thanks for the input! I definitely see where you're coming form. I was trying to get a good vertical one, but the little one can't stay still to save her life so the vertical ones didn't turn out that well. I tried taking a few snaps as fast as I could. I'm not sure if you can notice the camera shake at this resolution.

curious, why? what are the differences between the xt1 & x100, sensor size?

X-T1 has a 16MP X-Trans II sensor compared to the X100 with a 12MP sensor. But the main differences I'm going for between the two are the interchangeable lenses and the fact that the x100 is 4 year old technology. The AF on the X100 isn't that great and I wouldn't compare the X-T1 to a DSLR, but it'll be good enough for me. Plus that EVF though!

^ np, still a great capture on its own.

On a sidenote, just bought a Manfrotto BeFree tripod :nthat:

Ayee!! :pimp: I love that thing so much. It was especially great when traveling around SF on foot.

What about the lenses for mirrorless? That would be my only concern......and the ISO power.

Although they don't have a wide range of lenses available yet, the lenses they do have, especially the primes, are pretty good I hear and from what I can see on flickr. Especially the 23mm and 35mm. The only lenses I would need for my shooting. I'm not sure of the differences in ISO compared to DSLR's. But it's not bad.

What about the lenses for mirrorless? That would be my only concern......and the ISO power.

Can't comment on other systems, but the Fuji lenses are seriously impressive, I haven't seen any bad reviews on em. Everything is designed for APSC from the ground up, so all of the lenses are made to hit the classic focal lengths (21, 28, 35, 40, 50, 85, 90) after the crop factor. They're a little pricy, but they run deals on them a few times a year (one going on right now)

Can't comment on other systems, but the Fuji lenses are seriously impressive, I haven't seen any bad reviews on em. Everything is designed for APSC from the ground up, so all of the lenses are made to hit the classic focal lengths (21, 28, 35, 40, 50, 85, 90) after the crop factor. They're a little pricy, but they run deals on them a few times a year (one going on right now)

Good to know. I have always been anti mirrorless but honestly I am not even sure why. I would never ditch a DSLR but i know in certain scenarios, a mirrorless would be better like traveling to some crazy places like Brazil where theft can be pretty high.

Interesting. Digital Rev just put this up:

Back
Top Bottom