The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Whatever you do, DO NOT buy a cheap tripod. You get what you pay for. You might as well pay the money now and have something with you that will last for years rather than having to replace a tripod here and there.

I second the previous recommendation on Manfrotto. While there are others out there that are just as good as Manfrotto, or even better, I'm just speaking from my personal experience.
I have a Manfrotto befree travel tripod as well as a 055xPROB with 496RC2 ball head. Usually with higher end tripods, you purchase the tripod and head separately. I highly recommend a ball head for more versatile shooting. Manfrotto, although a bit pricey, is worth every penny for the most part. They do the job well, and the do it forever.

As for travel vs regular, I tend to take my travel tripod with me wherever I think I may need it. The055x just stays at home for when I need it the little times I'm at home. I hope that helps. Let me know if you need any recommendations and such!

+1...

I had a cheap one and it couldn't support the weight of the camera. That's a spec you should definitely look into.

My few shots today.

I also started a ig page for my photos. Feel free to follow (@DefiantDepictions)

Last edited:
I'm in need of a hobby, and I'm interested in taking up photography. Advice on the best beginner cameras, filters, picture software, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

as someone who doesn't get paid to take pictures, i don't know that my opinion on this matter holds much weight...but i really do recommend looking into mirrorless cameras. you get the same if not better images than from a entry-level- and even some mid level dslrs in something that is small enough to fit in a jacket pocket, so they are MUCH easier to carry around with you pretty much at all times & are less intimidating to learn (as well as to the folk out in public!!!). unless you are planning to shoot professionally (even then, there are pros that have switched or make heavy use of compact mirrorless cams for their gigs)

the warm weather brought the people out in boston today--that and the dry (definitely not the right term, people were already getting faded) run for st. patty's day tomorrow...taking pictures with manual lenses is super difficult (especially wide open with a fast lens) but rewarding when you actually get everything dialed in on the spot

super proud of this one, just because it was really spontaneous and i decided everything in that moment, aperture, shutter speed, focus...#yesidowantacookie!

Last edited:
I shot this picture of the Verazzano bridge in bklyn, ny. Made a cover photo out of it. Its a hashtag, me and fellow creatives say when opportunities come our way.

Haven't post in a while (haven't casually shot in a while) but caught the sunset while out on a date yesterday

Went on a short hike today and decided to take my camera with me. I definitely missed a lot of photo opportunities though. I've never really gone out with the sole intention of shooting pictures and this case was no different. 

Any critiques are greatly appreciated.

Went on a short hike today and decided to take my camera with me. I definitely missed a lot of photo opportunities though. I've never really gone out with the sole intention of shooting pictures and this case was no different. 

Any critiques are greatly appreciated.

[/URL]

You should invest in a tripod and neutral density filter (if you haven't already) so that you can get pictures like this http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=waterfall only if you want.

Back
Top Bottom