The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Upgrading to the D800 from the D600. Found it for only 300 more than I paid for my D600 
nthat.gif

Did you sell the 600 before or going to have 2 bodies? I would love to upgrade soon too.
I am returning the 600 for full price back to Amazon ( I love amazon). Not at the point in my life where I can have a FF camera as a "backup" 
laugh.gif
 though it'd be nice to keep it.

Bring them all. The kit lens may not be as sharp as some of your prime lenses and you won't have the shallow DOF, but if you are shooting both models at the same time then you should be shooting at a higher f-stop anyway. Lens are a small part of what you are about to experience. Find your light, be creative, pose your models well, and stay positive. The venue looks cool though, good luck and share some of your pics when finished.

What would you recommend my f-stop should be at if I'm using my 50 f/1.8 ?

^^ that depends so much...what are you focusing on? Are these head shots...body shots..group shots..are you looking to capture the background or blow it out? Lighting conditions....are you using flash at all?

I am assuming this is more for recreation, so I would just experiment and try to have fun, as suggested.

edit: Actually to play it safe, I'd stick around f/11 to keep everything reasonably sharp at least if you're really unfamiliar with your camera so far.

Last edited:

^^ that depends so much...what are you focusing on? Are these head shots...body shots..group shots..are you looking to capture the background or blow it out? Lighting conditions....are you using flash at all?

I am assuming this is more for recreation, so I would just experiment and try to have fun, as suggested.

edit: Actually to play it safe, I'd stick around f/11 to keep everything reasonably sharp at least if you're really unfamiliar with your camera so far.
okay thank bro, actually i was thinking of renting a lens. there is a shop near my house that rents equipment out and its really cheap. suggestions on what i should rent ?

okay thank bro, actually i was thinking of renting a lens. there is a shop near my house that rents equipment out and its really cheap. suggestions on what i should rent ?
On a crop sensor? I'd go with 17-50/f2.8 shooting more than 1 person at a time (tamron and sigma make these). I believe the Canon/Nikon equivalent is 17-55mm.  If they are going to be more individual, I think your 50mm will be fine.

On a crop sensor? I'd go with 17-50/f2.8 shooting more than 1 person at a time (tamron and sigma make these). I believe the Canon/Nikon equivalent is 17-55mm.  If they are going to be more individual, I think your 50mm will be fine.
yeah i shooting with a T3i right now. there will be some photos of the girls by themselves and some with both of them together. 

yeah i shooting with a T3i right now. there will be some photos of the girls by themselves and some with both of them together. 

The 50mm will be a good choice on that crop sensor. My preference is an 85mm because of the bokeh it produces at its length. But for group shots the 50 is the way to go. It might take some getting used to not having a zoom but you will be happy with the quality.

The 50mm will be a good choice on that crop sensor. My preference is an 85mm because of the bokeh it produces at its length. But for group shots the 50 is the way to go. It might take some getting used to not having a zoom but you will be happy with the quality.

I was going to re commend the same but thought he might wanna save a few bucks. If money isn't an issue I Def cosign on the 85mm as well for individual shots.

Can anyone tell me how to fit a whole picture onto instagram without re-sizing?

Normally I just change the pic size while on my camera, but I feel it makes the picture worse.

Or am I just tripping?

Anyway..

Few shots from this past weekend.

Back
Top Bottom